THANK YOU DLM (doug levin motorsports)

myfirstviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a post a few weeks ago about getting my 06 coupe
S/C and some other work done by DLM. I was thrilled to get
the car with all the added mods.

But of course not everything always goes perfect as you start adding HP
and suspensions. so I did run in to a few snags.
when i finally dynoed my car it didn't put out the numbers i was hoping for.

At first I was very angry and upset ( being honest) and wasnt sure what to do.

SO this morning I drove down to DLM with my dyno sheet in hand, and a pretty bad attitude. I won't go into all the details but probably any other type of
business with a customer with a wrong attitude like mine would have been
thrown out.

However,Doug being the gentleman that he is, allowed me to vent my frustration
without getting upset himself. He examined the problem imeadiately and dropped
all the other work he was doing(atleast 10 other vipers in the shop being worked on) He than began personally working on my car himself all day, while I
patiently waited.

when he was fished (several hours later). He told me to take it for a test run.
the results were fantastic. all at absolutely no charge. now that is what i call above and beyond customer service.

There are very few people out there and businesses that would do such a thing.
So I just wanted openley thank you again Doug for the way you handle your business.

It's one thing when someone says, yeah we back our service. It's a pleasure
when you find someone that really does.

So Thank you again DLM for everything.

also if you want Doug, you can post some pics of the car in this thread. since I don't have any. or know how to. Thanks.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id love to see some pics and hear numbers.... :)

i spoke to doug a few weeks ago about a DLM s/c i just bought used and he told me if there was anything he could do, just ask. and i totally believe it from what i have heard of the guy.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I have been wandering around the Viper community for about seven years now (yep, still a newbie ;) ). Seen many a tuner come and go. Remember helping this "Heffner" guy first starting out on the website and teaching him how to post pictures. Watched another tuner go down in flames, only to start rising as a Phoenix from the ashes - and not taking a crap on anybody on the way back up as far as I know (I'm sure I will be properly corrected if wrong). Still others disappeared while some went through growing pains.

Throughout it all I waited. It wasn't for lack of interest, but lack of motivation. Plenty of power for me, with an extra 50HP when I went from my GTS to the '03. So I continued to wait. Well, several months ago my neighbor, who I let drive my '05 after I first got it, brought over his latest toy: The very first C6 Z06 delivered in Kansas City. He tossed me the keys and away we went. Great car and very fast of course. Definitely a close call vs. the Viper, which we never ran side-by-side (winter). Now I was motivated.

So I started a mental review of every tuner I have met, talked with on the phone, or read about on the Net (and/or magazines). No doubt this is the BEST time to own a Viper, with plenty of excellent tuners out there. Heffner went from being a "newbie" to one of the most reputable on the planet. RSI continues to grow, Underground Racing is quickly making a name for itself in the Viper world, and that guy down in Houston is setting the magazines on fire once again. Cragin, Macedo, Donovan (PBJ), BTR, Woodhouse, Roe, Tator - all continue to turn out great Vipers with happy owners.

With so many great tuners to choose from (and sorry if I missed any) I ended up going with DLM. I met Doug at my first VOI back in 2000 and he couldn't have been nicer. Knew I was both broke and not terribly interested in any mods at that point (dreams only). But still treated me like a king. Hell, he even gave me the shirt off his back - I jokingly mentioned I liked the polo shirt he was wearing and the next day one was delivered to my room (okay a new one, as Doug and I are decidedly different sizes). I read the forums as countless people had their cars done by Doug, including a local Gen I (796 DLM RWHP). Many had to wait a little longer to get their cars back (he is nothing if not thorough), but invariably all said it was worth the wait. Indeed, when I spoke to some of the aforementioned tuners, most said that while they were sorry they didn't get my business this time around, I was in excellent hands with DLM.

So now my wait is a little different: No longer do I wait to start my mods, I wait to finish them. And that is just fine by me. Doug has been just as awesome to deal with as a customer as when I was a very remote prospect. While the wife is eager to get back on the road (and show off the car at the SRT Nationals next month), I know that the wait will be well worth it. I wouldn't have done it any other way. :2tu:

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You know, I have been wandering around the Viper community for about seven years now (yep, still a newbie ;) ). Seen many a tuner come and go. Remember helping this "Heffner" guy first starting out on the website and teaching him how to post pictures. Watched another tuner go down in flames, only to start rising as a Phoenix from the ashes - and not taking a crap on anybody on the way back up as far as I know (I'm sure I will be properly corrected if wrong). Still others disappeared while some went through growing pains.

Throughout it all I waited. It wasn't for lack of interest, but lack of motivation. Plenty of power for me, with an extra 50HP when I went from my GTS to the '03. So I continued to wait. Well, several months ago my neighbor, who I let drive my '05 after I first got it, brought over his latest toy: The very first C6 Z06 delivered in Kansas City. He tossed me the keys and away we went. Great car and very fast of course. Definitely a close call vs. the Viper, which we never ran side-by-side (winter). Now I was motivated.

So I started a mental review of every tuner I have met, talked with on the phone, or read about on the Net (and/or magazines). No doubt this is the BEST time to own a Viper, with plenty of excellent tuners out there. Heffner went from being a "newbie" to one of the most reputable on the planet. RSI continues to grow, Underground Racing is quickly making a name for itself in the Viper world, and that guy down in Houston is setting the magazines on fire once again. Cragin, Macedo, Donovan (PBJ), BTR, Woodhouse, Roe, Tator - all continue to turn out great Vipers with happy owners.

With so many great tuners to choose from (and sorry if I missed any) I ended up going with DLM. I met Doug at my first VOI back in 2000 and he couldn't have been nicer. Knew I was both broke and not terribly interested in any mods at that point (dreams only). But still treated me like a king. Hell, he even gave me the shirt off his back - I jokingly mentioned I liked the polo shirt he was wearing and the next day one was delivered to my room (okay a new one, as Doug and I are decidedly different sizes). I read the forums as countless people had their cars done by Doug, including a local Gen I (796 DLM RWHP). Many had to wait a little longer to get their cars back (he is nothing if not thorough), but invariably all said it was worth the wait. Indeed, when I spoke to some of the aforementioned tuners, most said that while they were sorry they didn't get my business this time around, I was in excellent hands with DLM.

So now my wait is a little different: No longer do I wait to start my mods, I wait to finish them. And that is just fine by me. Doug has been just as awesome to deal with as a customer as when I was a very remote prospect. While the wife is eager to get back on the road (and show off the car at the SRT Nationals next month), I know that the wait will be well worth it. I wouldn't have done it any other way. :2tu:
I agree with your very smart decision. Doug is a top notch tuner and he cares about his customers. His cars .... MY CAR runs like the day it was built! I love it and if you have to wait to build a DLM car JUST DO IT! It's worth it's wait ;) in gold :2tu:
-lou