Thank you Woodhouse - Motormounts

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have put 500 miles on my 96 GTS since upgrading to the Woodhouse motor and trans mounts. Wow, what an amazing difference. I now am kicking myself for not doing this upgrade before doing 8 DE's during 2007 & 2008. It would have made such a big difference on the track. Kudos to Woodhouse!

If you just bought a Gen I/II, this is a must have before any other mods. If you just bought one, I would get new tires and mounts in that order.

Rev

97snk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't wait to get my car up and running. I have the engine/tranny mounts from woodhouse at once along with numerous other mods so can't wait to see what the car feels like once it's up and running...

RobZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's hard to believe with all the postive responses about the poly mounts that there are still people out there who have not changed over. :dunno:

:usa:

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was looking to doing this but many people on different threads complained about bad vibrations to the point of not see anything clearly out of the rear view mirror. What was your experience with vibration?

OP
OP
R

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was looking to doing this but many people on different threads complained about bad vibrations to the point of not see anything clearly out of the rear view mirror. What was your experience with vibration?

My rear view mirror never did rattle. You can feel a strong vibration with the steering wheel the first 500 miles, but it smooths out after that. Could be an install issue.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thats good to know rev....did you install yourself and if so how did the motor mount install go and the amount of time spent on the upgrade?

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could someone please explain the benefits of these expensive mounts. I would think vibration transfer would be a big issue. Help convince me to buy them.
Sal

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Exactly, are the Woodhouse mounts a better compromise then the poly mounts that seem to bring along those harsh vibrations??

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive fitted the Woodhouse mounts, yes there is a little more vibration but not that much.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJCN0lgszU[/media]

This was a blast down the top gear runway pushing the car hard, my video camera was Velcro mounted to the rear shelve ;)
It might give you some insight into the mounts :)

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the video!!!! i will end up doing them, from my research they have a noticable increase in vibration but they seem to be non existent after 500 miles with the break in and the driver adjusting to them :drive:

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vibration does go away after about 300-500 miles. The benefits are great...combine the motor and trans. mounts with a short throw shifter (MGW) and
you will probably never miss a shift again...critical if you track your Viper!!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The vibration does go away after about 300-500 miles. The benefits are great...combine the motor and trans. mounts with a short throw shifter (MGW) and
you will probably never miss a shift again...critical if you track your Viper!!

Vibration does go away. What a difference....the Viper seems tighter, shifts are crisp and if I didn't know any better it feels like I picked up power via my butt dyno. Well worth it.:2tu:

Danino

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ive fitted the Woodhouse mounts, yes there is a little more vibration but not that much.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2SJCN0lgszU[/media]

This was a blast down the top gear runway pushing the car hard, my video camera was Velcro mounted to the rear shelve ;)
It might give you some insight into the mounts :)

I love top gear! I wish I could fly around their track.

white out

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the motor mounts for a year and just ordered the trans mount. Don't know why I didn't do it earlier.

Nick

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This will be a must for winter mods. Not looking forward to installing them but will have lots of time when the snow hits.