Thanks, Cody, Jon B. and the VCA

Clayton Kresge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Over the past few days I have been looking at a '96 GTS to purchase in Oregon. I do not know the person who is selling the car, and in most situations such as this, I would fly out to look at the car to make sure its what I think it is. With the car being in Oregon and me being in Louisiana, however, I didn't feel like I could spare the time it would take to make such a long flight out and back. The person selling the car emailed pictures of the car (although somewhat blurry and out of focus), and gave a general description of the car which I was comfortable with. I was almost ready to conclude the deal and purchase the car without seeing it in person, but luckily my better judgement took over. I decided to see if I could find someone who I could trust and also who knew Vipers to look at the car in person for me. I called Jon B., as he was in the same area of the country as the car and immediately he got in touch with Cody, who within a couple of hours was able to go look the car over very thoroughly for me. Cody described the car to me in great detail, which differed considerably from the description the owner had provided. As a result, I have decided not to buy the car (at least not at the current asking price).

Cody and Jon B. saved me from making a bad purchase and saved me the time required to travel out and look at the car. When asked how I could compensate them for their time and trouble, I was told, that if I felt they had helped me out, that I could just make a charitable donation to a local children's hospital. What a classy way to help.

Thanks

Clayton Kresge

SteveT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"charitable donation to a local children's hospital."

Class move.
yesnod.gif

Anthony - 98 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Clayton,

Good to see you on the Viper board. Looking to get into another snake? I guess seeing mine in your shop everyday has convinced you to get another.

I'll keep my eyes and ears open on any deals I come across.

Anthony

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4