Thanks KNG SNK Diffusers are installed!

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Received my diffusers from KNG SNK along with quick response on questions i had for a few things! The Diffuser Blades came powder coated black and look awesome. I followed the instructions and purchased the necessary clips and screws to do the project.

All in all it took me 30 minutes to set,drill,check,reset and complete. This was a very easy install and adds some function and looks!

You must be registered for see images attach

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This reaches into the depths of so many options. I personally have Billy Boat headers, random tech hi-flow cats, borla xr-1 race muffs (picked those up from summit cheap), and a cross over pipe in the very back to cut down on drone in the car. All plumbing is 3 inch. I love the way it sounds. It is loud but thats the way I like it.
A recent member just put a set of belanger headers, random tech cats and a corsa cat back. It turned out gorgeous. From everything I have seen I believe the belanger is a better header, but the BB's were on my car when I bought it and I added the rest of the exhaust. So search this site "alot' and check out what all the vendors have to offer. Decide how loud you want it. The exhaust is my favorite upgrade on mine so far. good luck,, and I am a bit jealous of the acr :cool:

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great! Am going to install some hopefully in the next month or two. Nice job. :2tu:

So ...you weren't REALLLLY gonna trade your GTS for that SRT, were you?;)

OP
OP
A

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the exhaust i see no need for the headers on an 01 GTS. I have read the most gain people have seen is 10 -20 hp. The price for the hp gain does not fit my logic. I did remove the cats and weld in straight pipes and used roe simulators. So now i need to remove the stock muffler and replace that but thats as far as i will go with the exhaust.

blackandblue01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
On my 96 gts I had the rear muffler replaced with straight pipe at a local shop for 100.00, If you wanted it to flow even better, and like I said earlier how loud you want it. They do make the borlas in 2.5 pipe. So you could swap out your side resonators with those. It's all personal preference. If it makes over 450 hp it should sound like it.Just my opinion. Dude seriously didn't like sapphire??????? blasphemy I tell ya.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Mike. Didn't see this thread before I sent the PM. Glad you are happy with the product and I appreciate the review. Zyellow I'm down to 2 sets so I expect they will be gone soon. After they are gone it will be a bit before I have more made.

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice job, looks great!

What do you mean he didn't like sapphire blue Vipers....really?:omg: I love my red, but blue is a rockin' color IMHO...and stripes to boot!:2tu:

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great. I installed 4 blades myself but will try to add in two more. I have a blade fetish now. :)

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks great Mike. Didn't see this thread before I sent the PM. Glad you are happy with the product and I appreciate the review. Zyellow I'm down to 2 sets so I expect they will be gone soon. After they are gone it will be a bit before I have more made.

Hey King,

Thanks for the heads up. So, if I miss out on those two sets now, do you think you'll have more in the February timeframe?

Just planning ahead. Santa really kicked my @$$ this year... :santa:

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looks good I wanted to do this with my Gen 2. It doesn't add any function but it looks good. Diffuser blades really only work when you have the entire bottom of the car closed off. The Gen 3 is much better example of this as the bottom is almost completely covered.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
True, I don't advertise them as adding any function but I will say from those who have followed up with me a significant reduction in the amount of dirt collected on the rear bumpers has been noticed. I personally have seen the reduction on my car as well so they are keeping the air moving. The entire bottom of the Gen 2 is closed off. In fact the entire bottom of the Gen 3 is not closed off. Look at the holes in the rear of the bumper.
http://image.motortrend.com/f/85598...05_Ford_GT_02z_2004_Dodge_Viper+Rear_View.jpg

The Gen 2 has a completely closed rear portion. A full race diffuser extends past the rear most portion of the bumper to keep the air moving fast past the car. I could not find a diffuser setup like this that I liked so I ended up making these work.

Hirkophoto

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess my point is this. The bottom of the GEN 2 has a lot of areas that are open (poor aero). Not the back area that you are pointing to on the Gen 3. If the air goes under the car and it gets "dirty" under there because it's not closed off for good aero. Then the exit is not going to help. In addition if you look at the underside of the gen 2 where you mounted the blades it basically funnels the air up in there since it has no back closing it up near the tranny arear. I hope that makes sense.
As you mentioned that race diffuser is the real deal. No offense intended, I like the looks of the blades on there.

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
None taken, just trying to make sense of the comment. I take criticism very good nowadays.

The race diffuser is absolutely the real deal, but it was too big for my taste. If my car was a track car, you would absolutely see one on there. Since it is just a street car I wanted something to add and putting the blades there gives the updated modern Gen 3 look while maintaining the awesome, timeless Gen 2 styling. :)

On a side note it seems your inner blades are not flat against the bumper cover Mike. There will be minimal bending by hand required to make the mounting point sit perfect since these are all machine bent and every bumper cover has a slightly different angle. Looks good none the less and definitely looks like you took my advice and measured multiple times because they look perfectly straight.

OP
OP
A

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
when it warms up i will adjust them more. I did notice one mount screw on each side did not tighten up snug but is holding fine. I probably messed the trim holder up when i was drilling. I did tug on them with my weight and no movement so they are good for now. I measured them 4 times like you said and drew out the lines with a dry erase and ensured everything was proper alignment and measurement .

Your case above i did not buy them for function purpose but more for looks to add to the lack luster under side of the rear deck. And yes my dirt collection on my rear bumper has been cut in 1/2 since the install!

Great product!!!

KNG SNKE

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't believe the dirt reduction at first. One of my customers said drive it for a bit and park it. He said don't back into the space since that rear exhaust stirs up dirt. He was right.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4