Thanks to a couple people.

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went back to the track last night. It was not a good track and very unpredictable (or was that me). Made 3 passes. First hooked dead in first, had a good 1.5 sixty and then spun second hard. It tire shook before I could get out and I aborted. Second run I bogged first and second stuck and ran a 10.7. Third run I pushed first a bit harder, spun first bad but second stuck well and managed a 10.4 @ 135. I run DR's and a 3.55 gear, so I have to go to fifth, which kills my mph. I also am working on wringing every last inch out of fourth before hitting fifth which is harder than it sounds, at least for me. That has already added 3 mph to my runs (only made 5 so far).

Now for the thanks. I was so excited to make that last pass that I started the run at almost 225 degrees. The car went to 250 degrees on the return road so I let it sit for a while.

Thanks to Larry Macedo for helping me with my burnouts, lining me up and answering all my questions. But special thanks for keeping me calm while I sat and watched my baby at 250 degrees.

And thanks to Doug Levin for building such an effortlessly fast car that takes much more punishment than it really should. I pushed the car well past what I should have and it took it like a champ. 20 minutes later I started it up and no problems at all. Then I drove it home as well as to work today.

It was good to see Ward out there as well as meeting Vern Hill. Ward, sorry you didn't get your nine to take with you on vacation.

The whole reason I went to the track is because I was called out by some local tuners to run their Supra. It ran a string of high 11's in the high 120's with a best of 11.5 at 130 I believe. Then it broke on the starting line. Man, I love this car!

Chad