Thanks VCA for the F1 Parking Pass!

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just wanted to thank the VCA for getting us the Car Coral passes for the Formula 1 race this year. The passes were VERY helpful every single day of the race weekend. We could drive almost anywhere we wanted while at the track and we could use the media gate to come and go. Fantastic! Please, please do this again every year!

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Bob...Sorry that I did not see you there Saturday or Sunday...spent most of my time walking around to see as much as I could of such a fantastic event. I figured that the blue/white GTS was yours.

Beth, our Car Club F1 liaison, did a great job with the whole event. There was more to do than many would guess with activities stretching over a couple of weeks before the actual race. One would wonder about arranging more VIPER SPECIFIC deals next time (via OUR Regional Club) such as a downtown car show/cookout or catered meal, etc....IF we can get more owners to participate.

Keep in touch concerning next year, and I will post info as it comes to me.

THANKS FOR COMING !!!

OP
OP
B

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve,

Yep that very dirty Blue and White was mine. But after driving though a hour of monsoon rain on the way in Wednesday night and rain every night in the hotel parking lot, well what do you expect...

One Viper / F1 idea I had involves the driver parade Sunday. This year they used the same old antique cars they have used before. I heard a lot of same old same old type complaints around us. Since this is the United States F1 race I thought it would be great it we could use American cars for the driver's parade. Specifically Vipers!

How many owners do you think we could get to come to the race if they had a chance to drive an F1 driver around the track Sunday morning? Unfortunately for me I think this should be limited to RTs and SRTs. I think the crowd would love it! And I know the RT and SRT owners would love it too.

Every year the IL club does a parade lap before a NASCAR race in Chicago and we have 50 or 60 people sign up for 30 spots. I'm sure you could get 20 open top cars from your region.

Could Beth pull something this big off?

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Good thought, Bob...suspect that there would be a huge turnout considering all the OTHER car clubs that would have to be included...and several Vipers(wild guess of 10-20). As I have discussed in the past with the Speedway folks, these types of grass roots opportunities could catch on...possibly more likely (at least with Indiana folks)with the Indy 500 or the Brickyard 400...noting that in these other two venues, the management has MUCH more lattitude...NOT hampered by F1/FIA rules/preferences/etc...at least,in my opinion). It is my info that the Speedway is opening it's eyes to any and nearly all types of reasonable fan base buildup mechanisms (read that increasing ticket sales).
It is because of all these possible opportunities that I remain hopeful that a larger and more diverse series of activities involving all the car clubsare possible...simply makes good business sense for the IMS and good times for us !!!