the boss has given the ok for a header/exhaust package!

Ooomph

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I need some recommendations y'all. I plan on driving to wherever the shop may be (I don't trust anyone local) and I live in the Albuquerque, NM area (suburbs). I'm roughly a days drive from the following locals: Phoenix (6-7hours), Dallas(10-11hours), Denver(5-6 hours), LA (10-12hours). BTW, I have an 'O3 SRT-10. I'm leaning towards Phoenix because I could use a couple of days of golfing, drinking and drinking. :D

I've seen some guys go with Belangers and some with B&B for the headers. I've had Borlas on my other cars and loved them so I'm leaning towards that brand for the catback. Although I haven't heard the Corsa's on a Viper, I've heard them on a C5 and was not impressed (way too quiet at idle).

My state does NOT require any emissions testing for the city that I live in. So I could also go catless.

I prefer a deep, rumbling exhaust note at idle with the sound of hell at WOT. :headbang: The car won't see too many long trips so drone or resonance at certain rpm's wouldn't be a real issue or an issue that would bother me. The car will see a lot of short trips, mainly 1320 foot trips.

I am confused on whether to go with a crosspipe or just straight out each side. Pro's/cons?

Summary:
1. LOUD! yeah, earplug loud.
2. header/catback brand?
3. cats or no cats?
4. Brand vs. HP gain prediction?
5. warranty/name you would trust?

I've got a week off next month to get this done, so I'd like to contact some shops to see what they could accomodate. Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with the B&B headers, the are a very high quality hearder and if you can get them Jet Hot coated, the engine compartment will stay cooler and look awesome! :2tu: :2tu: Check these out, just by luck there are some for sale here in the vca classifieds :D headers

Summary,
1. Headers don't do this alone
2. B&B/B&B or TNT
3. No cats, (I like it that way :D )
4. unknown, but most pick up 20-25HP
5. Any brand name is very good, but what ever header you go with, get them coated :2tu:
If you're looking for more from there, roller rockers are next, maybe gears :2tu: