The Famous Wax Question

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is everyone's favorite wax for their car? I've used Zaino on another car of mine, but didn't know if I wanted to continue using it on the Viper or if someone had better luck with another. Thanks.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino. There are some people on this forum that will try to tell you otherwise, but they are only interested in having the best shine for themselves. They will try to tell you to use other waxes in order to sabotage your finish. Fact of the matter is, if you go over to their garage, you will find the Zaino. They are all closet Zaino circle-jerks. Beware of them, and only use high-quality Zaino products:

You must be registered for see images

:D

OP
OP
S

STL RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol. Thanks for the response. Yes, I have had good luck with Zaino in the past. Beautiful car by the way.

GTS1998

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used Zaino for a long time. I use Meguiars NXT now. I still use the Zaino gloss enhancer spray between washes though.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll just kick in and say that I used to use Zanio and got real tired of the step 1, step 2 and so on, same with the other brands. It would take me a whole day to go through the whole routine, and I wouldn't end up driving the car.

I went back to what I used when I was a teenager getting the car ready for the weekend: Kit. Easy on, easy off, looks just as good as any other car out there, yes, including a Zanio car.

AC

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why don't you come over to my garage and see what I use. Hint: it doesn't take 5 hours to apply then wait then apply, it costs less than $20 and the manufacturer actually supports our club. I've never had ANY support from the other guy.

Drop by and I'll show you first hand.

DN

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Zaino. Anybody that hasn't tried it recently the new Z2 Pro topped with Sals new spray Z8 is just unbelievable.

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting a nice finish is really a process. There is no miracle juice.

I was a HUGE Zaino fan. I just got tired of the steps. I moved on to Meguiars NXT. Easy on and off just like Z, just one step.

Try the two side by side, they both give different looks......then you decide.

416IMG_0759-med.JPG

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bite.. again.

I have never seen a Zainoed car that has a better shine than the $20 wax I use. As a matter of fact, I have never seen a Zainoed car that I didn't have to be told was Zainoed. Our car gets waxed about 3 times a year and I can do the whole thing in less than an hour. BTW $20 is good for about 6 Viper wax jobs.

Unlike many of the garage queens which Zaino services, the wax I use actually gets put on cars that also see severe winter use.....ie..tons of salt and automatic car washes at least once a week. Thats about 36 washes for the winter and it's still beading in the spring. It's the best, and easiest, I've used to date.

The idea of doing a multi step time consuming process on a car which never sees salt, much sun, or even much rain is a little puzzling. I'd much rather be driving it.......which I do.

Steve

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meguiars NXT.

416IMG_0759-med.JPG

Silicone additives are detrimental to the finish of your car.

Meguiars NXT contains silicone additives.

Therefore, Meguiars NXT is detrimental to the finish of your car.

Nice try, and furthermore, nice Zaino shine.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meguiars NXT is detrimental to the finish of your car.
This factoid has been proven in the Zaino test labs, so all you millions using NXT are in trouble. The paint will soon be falling off your car, neener neener. :)

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laboratory tests prove...

everyone is a sucker from clever marketing at one point or another. :eek:

signed,

"what I use is the best and what you use will cause your paint to melt, peel, dull and even explode in a "bonkers" fire" because I saw the TV commerical that said so. :rolleyes:

andrew8896

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO Zaino and Meguiars are both good waxes.. but I am hooked on the "Mothers" brand wax system, I have used all three and thats the one I liked the best.

treed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Based on this thread, and the previous thread concerning the same topic, I've decided to never wash or wax my car again! :headbang:

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bite.. again.

I have never seen a Zainoed car that has a better shine than the $20 wax I use. As a matter of fact, I have never seen a Zainoed car that I didn't have to be told was Zainoed. Our car gets waxed about 3 times a year and I can do the whole thing in less than an hour. BTW $20 is good for about 6 Viper wax jobs.

Unlike many of the garage queens which Zaino services, the wax I use actually gets put on cars that also see severe winter use.....ie..tons of salt and automatic car washes at least once a week. Thats about 36 washes for the winter and it's still beading in the spring. It's the best, and easiest, I've used to date.

The idea of doing a multi step time consuming process on a car which never sees salt, much sun, or even much rain is a little puzzling. I'd much rather be driving it.......which I do.

Steve

Are you going to tell us what this miracle wax is? Don't even think about telling me it is a Carnuba and you are getting 36 washes throughout the winter, I will have to call BS on that one.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Use pinnacle souveran!!

I've used it. It's wierd, very "greasy" feeling and super expensive. It also didn't look a bit better than NXT on my red GTS. And I did them side by side, after cleaning and polishing the car with a machine. Not worth the money, IMO.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should really only use a mixture of 98% Carnuba, 1.5% Beeswax, and 0.5% Tiger Milk. Carnuba wax from trees that are less than 6 years old, and only the wax from young Africanized Honey Bees gathering pollen from wild lillies. The milk is for solubilty only, but needs to be from wild Bengal tigers between the ages of 12 months and 3 years.

If you are using anything else you are going to damage your paint.

:p :p :D :D :D :eek: :headbang: :2tu:

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should really only use a mixture of 98% Carnuba, 1.5% Beeswax, and 0.5% Tiger Milk. Carnuba wax from trees that are less than 6 years old, and only the wax from young Africanized Honey Bees gathering pollen from wild lillies. The milk is for solubilty only, but needs to be from wild Bengal tigers between the ages of 12 months and 3 years.

If you are using anything else you are going to damage your paint.

:p :p :D :D :D :eek: :headbang: :2tu:

That sounds delicious. I think I would like that on ice cream.

TCKTPLZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bite.. again.

Steve

I don't believe you. Post the name of this miracle product that you "use." Billions of people throughout the world frequent this forum daily and read these posts. They can truly see that your veracity and verity is being questioned and is ultimately on the line. Now you can either tell us the name of this "wunderkind" and exhibit and uphold the rectitude that you embody or otherwise show to the whole world that you are simply no more than an equivocal pontificator.

Your post epitomizes that of the finish saboteurs that appear ubiquitously on this forum. However, my altruistic nature is giving you the chance to show the entire world who and what you really are. However, your equivocal statement(s) leads us to believe that you are no more than an ostentatious charlatan. The absence of the name of this product fails to corraborate your plethora of boasting. But, for your sake, there is still hope. You can tell us the name of this product and not only show, but prove to the whole world of your veracious character that lies within. For it is definitely being questioned, and is ultimately on the line. From the mountains of Tibet, through the plains of Cambodia, to the pyramids in Timbuktu; the whole world is watching, and they are watching you.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bite.. again.

Steve

I don't believe you. Post the name of this miracle product that you "use." Billions of people throughout the world frequent this forum daily and read these posts. They can truly see that your veracity and verity is being questioned and is ultimately on the line. Now you can either tell us the name of this "wonderkund" and exhibit and uphold the rectitude that you embody or otherwise show to the whole world that you are simply no more than an eqivocal pontificator.

Your post epitomizes that of the finish saboteurs that appear ubiquitously on this forum. However, my altruistic nature is giving you the chance to show the entire world who and what you really are. However, your equivocal statement(s) leads us to believe that you are no more than an ostentatious charlatan. The absence of the name of this product fails to corraborate your plethora of boasting. But, for your sake, there is still hope. You can tell us the name of this product and not only show, but prove to the whole world of your veracious character that lies within. For it is definitely being questioned, and is ultimately on the line. From the mountains of Tibet, through the plains of Cambodia, to the pyramids in Timbuktu; the whole world is watching, and they are watching you.

It's much easier just to call him a troll.

B

NascarDave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't believe you. Post the name of this miracle product that you "use." Billions of people throughout the world frequent this forum daily and read these posts. They can truly see that your veracity and verity is being questioned and is ultimately on the line. Now you can either tell us the name of this "wonderkund" and exhibit and uphold the rectitude that you embody or otherwise show to the whole world that you are simply no more than an eqivocal pontificator.

You've been googling too much.

I'll put a Meguiars NXT waxed red GTS next to a Zaino'd Red GTS and you'll be able to tell the difference...right? Until that can be proven, my money goes to Meguiars.

DN

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll bite.. again.

Steve

Put down your thesaurus, use spell check and go wax your car. :D :usa:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine