The M2 Crew Had A Blast @ V10 Nationals. Thanks, David!

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you missed this event you will definitely want to get the video! "Shock and Awe" should have been the theme for this shootout and I think it's fair to say every tuner would agree they were well represented.
On that note, I'd like to personally thank Steve Salis, John Canal and Ward Reasoner for driving up to Bowling Green and competing in this great event. I'm happy to say they are our friends and each of them accomplished a person milestone this past weekend. Thank you for that opportunity, David!

Steve Salis - 95 RT/10 - Smooth Tubes, K&N's and Belanger Cat-Back - Winner of MOD 1 - This was Steve's 5th time at the drag strip and the guy has run 12.08@115 in his Gen 1 - Awesome! Myself and a few others gave StevO some coaching and next thing you know he's almost in the 11's virtually stock.

John Canal - 01 GTS - Roe Supercharger, T&D Roller Rockers, Corsa Cat-Back with catalyst delete and smooth tubes with K&N Filters. This guy ran a 1.55 60ft. time on Pilots. Unreal! He also walked away with the best reaction time of 5.1 on Saturday as well as running a blistering 11.1@127 with the new BFG radials.

Ward Reasoner - 01 RT/10 - Roe Supercharger with 8lb. upgrade, our S/C cylinder heads and camshaft, Arrow Roller Rockers, Accufab 70mm TB's and forged Pistons. On his second time out using the Purner slicks and skinnies he ran a 10.36@137, which may be a record for the fastest Roe blower to date? Either way, Ward is still learning the car and I'm sure we'll extract more from it in the future as we get it dialed in. Man...It wasn't a week ago we were only running 10.90@127 and still tuning the car.

All (3) have big hearts, unique personalities and everyone should make it a point to meet them at one of the next events. I may or may mot be missing something since it's 2:30am here and I hust drove in from BG.

Ooooh. Chris Napolitano. This guy is a must meet and if you don't walk up to him and introduce yourself, he'll hunt you down and do it himself. Thanks for all the help on Thursday, Chris!

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry and all the lucky ones wearing the M2 shirts.
You are so right about the above mentioned guys, great people. I enjoyed the racing myself and especially meeting you & your entire crew. Some more CRAZY than others but each and everyone a class act. Great race but only because of the many owners and drivers that showed up.
See you at the next race, maybe in your town.
Rohn

Clayton Kresge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats on the great turnout Larry! You've built some impressive cars! Also congrats to Steve, John and Ward, it was great meeting all of you.

After this showing, its clear that M2 is should be taken very seriously!

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry,

Thanks for saying " Ooooh. Chris Napolitano. This guy is a must meet and if you don't walk up to him and introduce yourself, he'll hunt you down and do it himself. Thanks for all the help on Thursday, Chris! " That's me TFAST4U! It was fun Larry. Wow we had fun on the way there. I started from Delray Beach FL at 3:30am EST Thursday the 1st and got to BG at 2:30 am EST 23hrs. I left BG at 9:45am est and arived in Delray Beach FL at 10:10pm est. From BG to Delray is 930.3 miles. I did this in the cop car in 12hrs and 25 min. Avg. speed 75 mph. Man that car us fun, thanks to all of you and the props on the car. I ran my best tim in te cop car in BG 15.86 ( wow is that sloooow )

To Steve Salis, John Canal, Ward Reasone, Larry and the rest of the crew. At the next event you have to meet these guys, thay are a trip! What a bunch of great folks.I have been on alot of trips ( ha ha ) this trip is 1 of my top 10. I can not begin to tell you all what a blast we had on the way there, and the three days in BG. And those guys from TX. Can we go to a better SJ next time? Thanks to Dr. Roof, what a stand up guy. I have never been to BG befor. I'm glad I went. I'll be back...............

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you, Rohn! It was truly great to finally meet you after swapping PM's. I am very fortunate to have great friends and clients. Wendy, Theresa, Maria, Leah and the kids are the people we should thank for allowing us to take the time out of their lives to compete. We may have not been the fastest on the track, but we had FUN. Clayton, your always the best and thanks for the kind words!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris,Thanks for all the help on Thursday.You had the POLICE searching all over town looking for tire and rim. Ooooh!!!!! Couldn't have made it to V-10 without you. We missed you on the trip back.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry, where is my M2 T-shirt???????????
Better call me and get it to me ...........wasn't M Squared my idea??????LOL!!!!!!!!

Bindy

Bindy buddy, your spot on and it indeed was your excellent idea, Sir! I do have a shirt reserved for you and you can pick it up at your leisure. Thanks for all the support and input my friend!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
first time i met you guys and i look forward to meeting again, funny asss bunch of guys, i dont know which one was picked on the worst by the rest, LOL shows a serious level of comradre and thats a good thing. oh and chris; damnn boy can you make a dagwood sandwhich, LOL you must have a tapeworm or something.

BTW, i want a shirt also

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman,
I loved every min. of it. I had a blast. I heard from Steve last night. I miss all of you. We should all buy a house and just live togather. Say hi to the wife she is the best. The girls listened to us talk about radar detectors for 40 min. How cooooool is that. Miss you Bro. When Larry is done with the Viper let's meet in Bradington on a test and tune day. I would love to use your Purner wheels on the Viper to see what it can do. If you have time get my # From Steve, John, or Larry. See ya......

V10Nationals.com

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK…I have finally recovered from the trip. Yesterday I had to drive another 6 hours, 3 hours to go get my doggies from the pet daycare and 3 hours to return the trailer to Tom.

First of all I need to thank a few people. I will start by thanking my wife (Lea) for being interested in the things that I love doing and allowing me to invest time and money into them. She has always been very supportive and excited for me! I want to thank my two children, John & George, for being so well behaved and patient. They did enjoy the go-carts, the amusement park next to the track and the pool at the Hotel. So, the whole family got to play!

Now let’s give the credits to the people that organized this event! David Boggs and his family dedicated a lot of time and effort to make this event happen. Thank you! Thank you to all David’s friends that helped out. Thank you Prashant for all your time!

Of course we need to thank VCA and all the sponsors that made this event happen. I think all of us left with some kind of goodie from the sponsors. Very nice of them!!

I need to thank Tom Welch for letting me borrow his trailer and be able to attend the event. Thanks for the mug and key chain also!

Now it is time to thank the “other” family, Larry Macedo, John Canal, Ward and Teresa Reasoner, Chris Napolitano & Gary. This people are the best you can find. They all are true team players and a blast to be around them. I had so much fun just driving up for the event that even if the weekend had been bad, I would have driven back home with a smile!

They all gave me a tip at the track that allowed me to take 1st place in MOD1. It is amazing the difference that a small advice can do at the track if you listen and learn from it. My victory is an M2 (Macedo Motorsports) and its family victory. Believe me, every customer becomes a member of the family! Thank you all!

Let’s not forget to thank Wendy (Larry’s wife) and Maria (John’s wife) for staying behind with the children while the “big kids” were playing in KY.

If I am forgetting anyone please forgive me!

I would like to close this post with a message to all GEN 1 owners:

If you own a GEN 1 and you afraid that you will be beat by a GEN 2 car please don’t!! I did it and so can you. Also keep in mind, at the next V-10 Nationals they will probably separate GEN1 from GEN2 cars. You just have to show up so we have enough cars in the class.

Drive safe!

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris if we all got a house together, I would hurt myself .....from laughing too much!!!!!! If so what would we name the house? We can get together in Bradenton with the usual cast of characters plus one more.. Lee Saunders comes regularly with his 9 sec Viper. Bradenton is a very fast track, it is where Lee Saunder and Tom Welch set their first 9 sec runs. I will let you HOOK up with the Pruners here too. see ya soon....
Cudaman :usa:

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cudaman,
The name of the house would be " The Funny Farm ". How's that for a name. I am Ha a ha ha ha right now! Lee is cool. So is Tom. Leave some rubber on the ET's for me. Or maybe I will find some tire on the side of the road I can use. Hhahahahahahaha. Say hi to the wife.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4