The new beast is ready

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here is the completed monster ready to go back in. I thought I would mount all the Paxton stuff on the motor before it went back in. Obviously it was easier to put all the stuff on out of the car, but would it slide back into its cradle. Yes it did just like a glove. It lowered in very nicely. I was able to put the Balenger headers in and zip tie them back out of the way before I dropped the engine in too.

8021New_Engine5-med.JPG

8021New_Engine2-med.JPG

New fuel regulator
8021Fuel_reg1-med.JPG

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry Macedo installed a Paxton system with Bellanger headers and a custom Corsa exhaust with dynomax mufflers on the SRT Ram I just aquired. I was told 580 rwhp. On a Mustang dyno I think Mark J at Woodhouse was telling me 700-750 at the flywheel for just the Paxton, no other mods. I hope to have Mark and the guys dynotune the truck and see if they can top 600 at the wheels. I love the look of your setup!!

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It will have 12 PSI and a monster fuel system, so I would guess 850-925 RWHP

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats one hot looking motor!!!!

Are you going to do a front mount or water/****. The reason I ask is that I understand that the water to air cooler from paxton is only good for 10 lbs. (cfm wise)

keep the pics comming.

vd..

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had to pull the valve covers back off to get the lift brackets on. I guess the 1” valve cover spacers move the covers out too far. Not having the valve covers on made it easier to put in the bolts for the headers anyway. I busted most of the wire looms taking the engine apart but I found some very nice replacements that worked out well.

8021Engine_in2-med.JPG

8021Engine_in1-med.JPG

The new fuel regulator fit very nicely under the intake manifold and I was able to plumb everything up and just leave o couple of quick connects for finally hook up. All in all a few tight spots but I have definitely seen worse. I suppose some will not like my new color scheme but hey, thought I would be a little different. This will is a true Back Mamba, no red anywhere.

8021Engine_in4-med.JPG

8021Engine_in5-med.JPG

Viper D, I do have a methanol injection system spraying just after the intercooler.

When I get a chance, I will share my report card of the vendors that I dealt with on this project, some A+’s and some F’s for sure.

Kenny

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why didn't you do a big air/air intercooler? It would have been a bit of custom work, but it looks like you went balls to the wall with everything else.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe a stupid question but will the fuel regulator get really hot between the block and intake manifold? Would seals melt and gas get hotter after passing through it?

OP
OP
V

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Actually a good question, it won't melt but it will get hot. The regulator is on the return side, taking the fuel back to the tank not to the injectors. I think it will be fine. Damn, I thought I had the perfect spot for it, nothing like spoiling a perfectly good idea.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually a good question, it won't melt but it will get hot. The regulator is on the return side, taking the fuel back to the tank not to the injectors. I think it will be fine. Damn, I thought I had the perfect spot for it, nothing like spoiling a perfectly good idea.
ehy nobody is perfect, still looks badass :D

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually what I think will melt is any rubber O-rings inside the regulator and any rubber seal at ends of hoses that could cause fuel to spray on spark plug wires and hot engine block.
Wild looking Viper. I bet you are losing sleep in eagerness to try out your mods. :2tu:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang