The ride of my lifetime (so far) Thanks to Tom Shapiro!

Roland L-Ocala FL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My wife and I went to Gingerman this past Sunday to watch the Viper Wars and hopefully get a ride around the track for a charitable donation. We got there just a hair too late for the charity ride part, but Tom Shapiro was track boss Sunday and he was taking care of the running of the different classes of Vipers **** lap times on the track. He told me to come back at 1 p.m. and he would take me out for some "hot laps" around the track in his Number 9 Silver'03 SRT-10. Tom was kind enough to loan me a helmet and off we went. I have been around Gingerman and Gateway before in our '94, but I don't drive it the way Tom can drive his '03. WHAT A RUSH! That car sticks to corners like a tick on a dog's back, and the anti-lock brakes are absolutely incredible. Thanks Tom for a great ride, I can't put into words just how amazing it is to go around the track with someone who can push his car to its limits and do it so effortlessly. My wife got some great video of the ride as well. Needless to say, I made a donation to the charity at the end of the ride. Thanks again Tom for a great ride, it truly was the ride of a lifetime. :headbang:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Geez, is Shapiro still a nice guy? He has been like this for years, we all figured he would eventually backslide and become a grouch, but no, he seems to be his happy, generous self. Glad you had a good time, and Tom is a good driver who would definitely give you and e-ticket ride.

NK BREKR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it was a ton of fun. Glad Tom was able to take you for a spin.

Dang Bill! You just dated yourself badly with the e-ticket comment :p

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill what kind of question is that!? Tom Shapiro IS GREAT Peoples! Attending the IL track events or the meetings allows anyone the opportunity to talk to the man and learn something new.

Cheers,

Jay K.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960