The stock exhaust sure is horrible

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have put almost 20k miles on my car and it has remained totally stock performance wise. Anyhow, i took off the side sills yesterday becuase they have taken a beating and then figure what the hell lets take the whole exhaust off. I took it for a little spin w/o any exhaust, and it really sounds amazing. It makes you realize how restricting the factory setup really is (sound and performance). The drone is pretty intese, and since the pipes were not exiting out the rear, it was really loud w/ a window open.

....now i gotta find a B&B:)

If u still have a stock exhaust like me, make sure you listen to other peoples vipers if u can. You will be sure to get rid of yours asap!

OP
OP
Y

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that my car is going away for the winter. With it raining non stop yesterday, it was a good day to spend in the garage. Seriously tho, the car does not crackle like i imagined it would have. But yea, maybe i should buy a few pies or something for the neighbors;)

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yesterday I removed the last two mufflers from my Borla cat back and installed 3" bullet race mufflers from Summit. That's all I have in the exhaust aft of the header pickles. Nasty rumble at idle, hounds of hell at WOT, no problem with the neighbors if I exit under 2000 rpm.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Getting ready to delete cats on the Viper. All I will have is a pair of race mufflers and an X-pipe. Ear plugs anyone? :cool:

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have B&B as well and it sounds AWESOME, add the headers to REALLY make that baby wake up BUT the headers are NOT worth crap performce wise (not for the money anyway) unless your going with a blower.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if you really want to see the definition of restrictive, do this - look into one end of the cat with the other end pointed directly at the bright sun.

all you will see, is a "pinhead" of sun light.