The time has come, selling both VIPERS

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well, as much as I've loved this marque, I feel it's time to move on to something different. Now, for those I know on this board, it doesn't mean 'Goodbye', I'd still like to hang out, cruise, or shoot the [*****] with you guys even if I am driving something other than a Viper. For those of you looking for 2 very clean cars, I have a ROE supercharged 98' GTS, many mods, and well sorted by Joe Donovan in St. Louis. I also have an early 93 RT/10, completely stock and a garage queen with only 1600 total miles. I bought 4 months ago and only put about 100 miles on her before winter storage. The GTS is at 19,500 miles and looks and drives perfect. Please see this previous thread of mine for some pics:
http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=736313&page=0&fpart=1&vc=1
If you are really interested, pm me or e-mail me at [email protected] and we can talk over the phone. I thought I would wait for the 08' Viper before I made my decision to sell but I think my decision has already been made. As for Big-n-italian, photog, and ZDigital, can I still be part of the club? :2tu:

EDIT by Lee. These cars are in the classifieds with nice descriptions.

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i would like to add that i have seen both cars and driven the the '98 GTS. VERY NICE cars. both cars are very clean and well-cared for.

as for as the club goes jeff, as long as you can stomach watching your FORD GT being ignored by our vipers in public, then of course you are welcome jeff. :D

kidding! congrats buddy. LMK if i can be of any help. :2tu:

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
hey jdoc

it was only a few months ago and we were discussing my car for your purchase!!!!

what will you be moving on too?

for possible buyers...jdoc7 contacted me about purchasing my 94 rt10 and he was the most thorough person...he actually tought me stuff about my car that i didn't know...so i can safely say, that either of his cars have to be gems or he wouldn't be driving them...buy with confidence :2tu:

sorry to see such a diehard viperguy leave :(

good luck though!!!

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jdoc7, you gotta tell us what you are moving on to. It's gotta be up: gt, lambo, ferrari?

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey Ryan! Thanks for the kind words. Do you still have your 94? As for what I'll be moving on to......Ford GT
Wish I could keep them all! Take care guys!

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Ryan! Thanks for the kind words. Do you still have your 94? As for what I'll be moving on to......Ford GT

You will miss the power from your 98 roe car :laugh:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Au contraire. The GT is one of the easiest production cars to add BOLT-ON mods to gain big numbers. Different pulley, ECU Chip, and exhaust will put it over 600HP.

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Au contraire. The GT is one of the easiest production cars to add BOLT-ON mods to gain big numbers. Different pulley, ECU Chip, and exhaust will put it over 600HP.

Yes that's true :) Doesn't that kit (pulley, ecu, exhaust) cost like 6-8K? I thought i seen that somewhere.

Good luck with it, my buddy has a GT with those mods and it's an awesome car. I'll be honest though, it doesnt get the looks the viper gets :)

ryan94rt10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
jdoc

i do still have my 94...i think i'm going to keep her, unless someone comes up with a really tempting offer! like i told you it would had been a hard sell, even though i was going to upgrade immediately!!

take care...and have fun with that ford gt...i hope it is everything you are looking for!

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to differ from opinions. You will not miss your GTS. I have not put more than 200 miles on my 96 gts since i took delivery of my gt in october 2005

ViperJames

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sweet! A Ford GT is SWEET. However if it is raw power, for the money you are spending on a Ford GT you could have more than double the reliable HP into a VIper, however, The Ford GT is in a Supercar class as the Viper is more the King of muscle cars....so we are comparing very different cars..Best of luck with the GT! :headbang:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some details for everyone interested:

98' GTS Red/silver vinyl stripes
19,500 miles (I bought with 18,300 miles)
9/10 exterior
9/10 interior
ROE 8 psi supercharger with 500 miles on it
594RWHP 644RWTQ
MSD plug wires
55 lb fuel injectors
Platinum plugs
MSD Fuel pump voltage booster
VEC2 with 2 cards for 89 octane and 93 oct plus water methanol
Water methanol kit
3" Randomtech catback
Roe high flow cats
2003 SRT-10 polished 10 spoke wheels with Michelins at 90% tread
stainless brake lines
40mm piston rear caliper upgrade
2 piece crossdrilled Baer Eradispeed Rotors all around
Lowered with Eibachs and proper alignment
Boost gauge
Polk component speakers
clear front turn signals
Red rear turn signals
MGW goodies
Tuned by Joe Donovan at PBJ St.Louis
I'm the 4th owner, clean carfax
Well-sorted and ready to drive cross-country
$53,000 OBO

93' RT/10 Red
1600 miles (I bought 4 months ago with 1530 miles)
Completely stock
I'm the 2nd owner
No stories, no issues, just a complete garage queen mint condition.
$41,000 OBO

Jeff
309-267-0604

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Any interest in selling the roe seperate?
If I have to, yes I would sell it separate, however, I already have a local guy who will buy it for sure if that happens.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If anyone has any interest, please contact me as I will be putting these up on EBAY soon. I'd rather see the cars go to a VCA member who will care for them the way I have.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yes that's true :) Doesn't that kit (pulley, ecu, exhaust) cost like 6-8K? I thought i seen that somewhere.

Good luck with it, my buddy has a GT with those mods and it's an awesome car. I'll be honest though, it doesnt get the looks the viper gets :)

Jason Heffner's Package of just changing the pulley runs only $4000. I recall a bunch of people jumping on that one. Where else can you get a 150 HP upgrade for that price??

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have you come to your senses yet :nono: or did you sell them and buy that ford? :bonker: :D

Hey Rob! No one has stepped up to buy the Vipers yet so no GT! Still waiting.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That early '93 sounds pretty tempting... good luck on your sale.

FinalEd, just think, you can have one of the earliest of the GENI's and the last of the GENII's! It's OK to give in to temptation sometimes! :D

peakcompletions

Viper Owner
Reaction score
idoc7,

You will LOVE the GT! As far as the getting looks department their is no comparison, even my buddy's Lotus Elise gets more looks than my tricked out Twin Turbo GTS and that is sad.

Depending if you want a new one or not (GT) you need to act quick because they are going quick... Still some decent used ones though...

Heffner pulley and tune w/o exhaust is about $1800....

I am going another route :nana: :nana: :nana:

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Depending if you want a new one or not (GT) you need to act quick because they are going quick... Still some decent used ones though...
Yes, this is true. A week ago there were good amount of red, all options GT's for sale and now there are only a handful that I have found. If any one wants my Viper(s) please make me an offer. Willing to deal to get my GT.

OP
OP
J

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
OK...just waved 'GOODBYE' to the GTS :( :( :( I didn't think it would be this hard but I really felt a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. Dang, she was a beauty and I'm sure missing her a lot. As the new owner drove down the street, she just looked so ****, sounded soooo good, I hope I won't regret this. I still have the 93' RT/10 for sale so if anyone is thinking about hopping into a basically brand new Viper, please contact me. She must go also :(

I will be cleaning out my garage soon and have T&D' rockers, 70mm throttle bodies and some MGW pieces for sale. All new. PM with any interest.

Dang, I really miss that car :( :( :(

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery