The Vomit Viper Is Back On Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Intemperate Disposition:
You think if he had all that $$$ he could afford some decent hair plugs or a hat.
tongue.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah yeah, on that angle it looks like receding hair line.
But the real reason is I got a big brain and that kinda increased the size of my forehead. A big mouth too.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, I gave a buzz to the Lassen offices, and business has slowed to a crawl. They'll try what they can to help but if nobody comes through the doors, there's not much they can do.
Hawaii business got whacked because people don't want to fly.

The crazies like me who can throw 150K to commission a painting are nowhere to be found. I hear countless stories of guys like me who got wiped clean.

I had things paid off at first, but then the margin calls started to hit... advice to all: margin is evil! Be patient, grow slower, but don't margin. Instead do something gradual like sell 10% when it moves up/down 10%.

re-Dan Marino: yeah, I went pestering the poor folks on the Miami Dolphins BBS of the Miami Herald... got some flak there of course, and met some sympathizing folks too. heh.

correction: some seem to imply I had an austin martin. Must have been a little toy car when I was a kid. The real ones I had were the F50, the Diablo VT, the Viper and the jaguar XJ220. If anyone wants an XJ220, it's still available... :) 214Mph deamon.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh, just wanted to push your buttons...

in hindsight, oh yeah, lots of things I'd do differently.
I'm a computer genius, not a finance genius, although I'm starting to learn a few things in that domain now.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someome was talking about the bleach blonde look, etc. And well, yes, the pics could be a bit better.
It's just tricky to get the light just right to not drown the darker parts, and not overexpose the front. Some shots look a bit washed out too.
And then the computer screen you use to look at it will also affect the balance.

As some of those who have seen it in person can attest, it makes a hell of a statement one on one!

BTW, Grosse Pointe, that means "fat nail" in French. Is that what you guys make over there?

Acatala7

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok i have to throw out my 2 cents. Being the very manly man that i am, i was almost compelled to **** on my desk after seeing that abomination of a paint job! However i must give the gentleman alot of credit for coming here and defending his cyber pride. though he knows almost nobody here personally, he still felt it neccesary to explain the what and why of his decisions. I give you credit, sir, and i hope you rise from the ashes to once again share in the riches high living.Just one final not. If you do make it back, please watch a John Wayne marathon before jumping to panzy decisions like that again!

prohydro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Remster, I saw you out in that F50 once...you are right, that thing is loud! You rolled by my wife and I ( I had thought you kind of looked familiar in the picture...) in Bellevue, I could hear it before I could see it. Just this long scream from under a tunnel, and then you drove by. My wife and I looked at each other, smiled, and then followed you for a few blocks, just listening to the sweet music of the engine.

We all got blitzed in tech crash...good luck with rebuilding! The worst thing I have heard in my life was "we have shut the company down, you have four hours to get your stuff out of the building." Goodbye stock options...

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by remster:

I'm a computer genius,
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you're an *anything* genius then I'm Osama Bin Laden's pool boy. I've met a few computer geniuses over the years and somehow you don't remind me of any of them ... No, not at all. You remind me more of a ... game show host.

Doesn't anyone else here disbelieve this bozo's rap? Aren't we the "Viper Board"? Don't we eat our young around here, not to mention self-professed dotcom loser poseurs with dog-hair plug jobs who give viper ownership a bad name?

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
I've met a few computer geniuses over the years and somehow you don't remind me of any of them <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I dropped my thick glasses, plaid shirt and pocket protector behind a bush, no wonder why ...
tongue.gif

Don't be fooled by appearances dude, basic mistake.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have to say, I'm disappointed by all of the personal attacks in this thread. I'm also a computer genius - work for Microsoft - so I'll thank you not to make judgements in public about someone you don't even know. Were you perhaps looking for someone who looks like professor Frink from the Simpsons? (With the driving and the noise and the GLAYVIN) I assume (Eric) that you are the best looking person in the world, since you're seem to have so much to say about it.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In math there is the negative times negative makes positive rule.

Translated in everyday language: "insults from an fool is like praise from the wise".

I'm more interested in seeing a pic of Eric's viper than continuing this pointless bickering.

Serious Eric

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:
I'm also a computer genius - work for Microsoft
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's redundant. We all know that if you work for Microsoft you MUST be a computer genius &lt;roll eyes&gt;. You guys have been buying your own BS for waayyyy too long.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
I assume (Eric) that you are the best looking person in the world, since you're seem to have so much to say about it.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As John Lithgow in 3rd Rock would put it "I'm GORGEOUS!" ... riiight. Go back and read my post again genius boy - I said he "reminds" me of a game show host, not "looks like one". My comments are based on what he's said here and his &lt;ahem&gt; vaguely scammy demeanor. Ok, I did throw in the dog-hair plugs as a visual. I'll retract that - I don't actually know that he wears dog-hair.

If this guy seems legit, truthful, plausible or anything other than a BS-artist to you then I guess you qualify to be one of his customers. You two geniuses get together and work a deal.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well, you know, I'll take that as a compliment that details of my life are so incredible to some that they appear made up.

Hurts my head to make stuff up, so I don't.

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My suggestion,

Order a complete body from dodge or have one molded. Take your "art viper" body and have it put on display at sea world for token donations next to the whale and dolphin tank. Put the new body on your viper and sell it for market value. Over time you may get your money back for the artwork.

Hire a manager to handle your financial affairs from this day forward. I'd be glad to offer my services. I can even guarantee life after death for a discounted 7 percent!(10% is customary)

Tom

99t1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Inte Dispe...your as bad or worse than the dolphin guy..he just suffers from a really bad taste move on an original good taste move. Bragging about your wealth or the average income of people in your town is really gauche.

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I too have give it to Remster..he's being pretty cool about all the crap he is getting. I don't like the paint either, but hats off to you man for not getting mad at the posters on this board. I know I probobly would have shot off. Good luck selling the car. I'm sure there is a buyer out there. Just think of it this way...you are different and that is why you make a (or used to)different kind of income than some of us so called normal people in here. I'm sure you will come back when the tech stuff comes around. Good luck to you!

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
aysmile.gif
you know, I am used to the abuse now. Figuratively dropping from the sky right onto the concrete pavement makes you numb.
When people say something fair, it's a nice change, almost unreal. Thanks. *bows respectfully*

Those who kick me when I'm down will get what's coming for them anyway.
Now if everybody's nice, it's no fun either. So I forgive.
Sorry for getting deep.

smile.gif
Tomorrow morning I'm gonna clean the Meteorite and then it's off to the photo shoot. I'll take some shots of the babes and put them on somewhere for you guys(gals) to see.
I spent an afternoon reading the manual of my digital camera so hopefully the colors won't be too pukish. Heh.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the good words.

I got some contacts from ebayers trying to help, so I think patience is the name of the game. I'm not yet famous enough to make it on Sotheby's :)
I'm gonna whip a title that emphasizes the reward part, because people don't always read all the way down.

And I'll emphasize that if they're cool about it, I'm just looking for a swap for a year or two. Car for money, then money for car. They won't be stuck with it forever.
I just have to pay the bills. $40,000.00 a month in loans payments is hard to come by...

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My bad on the Aston - I think I had you (Remster) confused with another guy from the Lotus club, who also owns a Diablo. I've seen the F50 and the Viper up at Park Place, though, and your Diablo over at Innovative Audio when I had my stereo done. I'm sort of reminded of the line from Spaceballs when I think about that sort of a car collection, "Hyperspeed is too slow! Jump straight to LUDICROUS SPEED!!!" As a car guy, I have to respect someone who makes no compromises on their car collection.

Full speed ahead and get the whiners belowdecks.

Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Eric Schieve:
"That's redundant. We all know that if you work for Microsoft you MUST be a computer genius &lt;roll eyes&gt;. You guys have been buying your own BS for waayyyy too long."
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Microsoft hiring practices are pretty stiff, working for them
is something worth pointing out.

Balding or not balding, looks like a nice guy.
A$$holes don't grin like that.

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love that speed quote!
Thanks Ntmatter for being a cool guy. *hi5s*

I bought a lot of cars out of curiosity. You just can't try them out without buying.
Then some of my moves were designed for maximum effect... like buying the F50 and the Diablo at the same time. You should have seen the sales guy's face :) Over $1M in sales in one day.

The F50 had straight racing pipes and only 600 miles. A total screamer. Man, what a rush in the I-90 tunnels... people who'd veer away from that thunder! I'd get some really bad case of ringing ears after that.
Then some people would ask why there is no radio in the car. You just can't hear it, period.
Amazingly I've never been stopped by the cops. I'd shift to 5th gear at 35mph in the city, and just rumble by as quiet as possible.
I'd come home using a detour because the easy way is uphill and that made too much noise.

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't intending to brag that I work for Microsoft; though this is something that I'm proud to be doing - this wasn't really my point. My point is that we should be treating each other with at least a certain level of civility and courtesy, rather than personal insults. I can tell you that Remster is being a much better sport about things that I'd be - I take critisicm of my car very personally, and insults to my looks and personality even more so.

Once again, just to be absolutely clear, IT IS OK NOT TO LIKE THE PAINT ON THIS CAR. I think that it's a great topic for discussion. However, it is not OK for people on this board to insult and be personally disrespectful to a Viper owner.

Ken Larsen

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ntmatter:

Once again, just to be absolutely clear, IT IS OK NOT TO LIKE THE PAINT ON THIS CAR. I think that it's a great topic for discussion. However, it is not OK for people on this board to insult and be personally disrespectful to a Viper owner.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

agree 1000 percent! well said!

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Funny thing is, first time I saw an Audi TT, I thought it was the ugliest car ever.
Then I test drove one and for the price (30K) it's a hell of a car. Now I love these cars.
I got a coupe 180hp quattro, and I traded it along with my z3 to get my 2nd one, a 225hp TT quattro convertible. Awesome car. Not as much zip as a viper of course, but still impressive. Excellent cummuter car in crappy weather.

So my advice: don't look at my paint job too much, or else you'll start to like it! And then shame on you :)

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, sure I feel wiser, but over the years unfortunately I found that we can get wiser and still miss the clues because reality has this way to always change in subtle ways, and what you thought should now work, still doesn't.
I'm afraid we're bound to mess up. Sometimes we screw up but it still works so we think we're smart...
Pass the beer...

OP
OP
V

viperdoctor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, I agree with the JH. But before this topic goes away I, as Remstupid would say, "can't be silent."

Well Lord knows I tried, but I have found it impossible to feel sorry for this guy...And before you waste your pity on this particular fool, lets reflect on what pearls of wisdom he has had for us so far:

First, he has a lot of advice for you on how to be successful just as he was once. Huh? He's a punk that never achieved the success he believes he did. Hello! We are talking about "paper" success during the dot com insanity that fooled a vast majority of the investing public -- including Remstupid himself.

A couple of years ago, any idiot could join one of these companies that was spending other peoples money like no tomorrow (with no hopes of defying the laws of economics for much longer) and become a paper millionaire. Heck, even some secretaries were worth millions -- would you be taking their advice today on how to be successful?

The true smart/wise ones are the ones that realized this anomaly and cashed out early instead of late. The real idiots of the idiots were the ones that were on margin and taking out loans against their "paper" wealth so they could to live incredibly extravagant/irresponsible lives... Gee, I know one person that comes to mind:

Remstupid's quote: "$40,000.00 a month in loans payments is hard to come by..." "Some of my moves were designed for maximum effect... like buying the F50 and the Diablo at the same time. You should have seen the sales guy's face :) Over $1M in sales in one day."

A truly smart group of people during that time were the people that catered to these spending idiots like Christian Lassen and the exotic car dealers. But in all honesty, they are saying to themselves now that it was fun while it lasted... Not believing like our friend here that it's just a minor setback...

But wait, we should see honor that Remstupid extended himself so gallantly to help his community and friends during his peak periods of wealth... "I gave a lot of money (probably more than the paint job amount)."

Wow, what a great guy. However, let's not forget that before that particular comment he said, "let's remember that the cost of the paint job was peanuts, barely a rounding error." Whew! I hope I don't win a humanitarian award for donating the change in my couch to the needy!

And strange, but after all this somehow I just don't feel responsible like Remstupid would like us to feel for the fact that he keeps losing money on the toys he never realistically should have owned. "Owe the bank 260K on [Diablo]... but people will give me 190k for it. Losing money again." I don't know, I just don't think I am going to give him $180K for a bastardized car worth $40K just to make him feel whole again. Poor baby.

And maybe I don't feel this sense of responsibility because now, during Remstupid's down and out, rock bottom depressed state, he takes the time away from filing for bankruptcy to start a new post of how many cylinders he use to have and currently has in his garage. Gee, you can really see from his setup to brag on the Viper board that this poor guy is down to merely basic transportation. Come on gang -- we have got to get a relief fund going for this guy so we can get him back in those cars!

Ah, but he did prove that he can take a punch and **** it up like a man, "I'll make it back one of these days." We'll buddy, bad news. It's pretty unlikely that the world will fall again for another dot com scam anytime soon -- so your brand of genius wouldn't have me betting that you'll top Donald Trump's ability to make a comeback.

But here's the good news: At any time you can be as success as you once thought you were. Just close your eyes and repeat "I am stinking rich and better and smarter than anyone else in this world..."

No one, I repeat, no one can take away from you.

--------------------------------&gt;&gt;&gt; Now haul this puppy outta here!!!

remster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, Viperdoctor, I feel like we're all the doctors here and you're the patient on the couch.
I thank thee for the deep psychoanalysis. Some of it is interesting but it's all ruined by the derogative nickname you put on me.

Anyway, the photo shoot this afternoon was a blast, great girls, hard bodies, cool crew.
Once the copyright/credit issues are ironed out, I'll post a few pics. Everyone loved the car. Stay tuned.

Reaction score
Sorry I thought I was on the Viper board
where obstensibly folks come to discuss performance.

I guess I found the debutante board
where girls talk about how awful the color of someone's prom dress is
and who lives in a better neighborhood
and whose boyfriend is richer.

Sorry for the interruption ladies
time to go back and find the real Viper board.

pj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; the photo shoot this afternoon was a blast, great girls, hard bodies, cool crew.

Hey, buddy, now you're moving into my turf... Vipers, Hard bodies and a crew?

That's my business.

And there ain't room for two of us here....

;)

BurnR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
someone should post a chart on the stock ticker INSP....that will give you a really good idea of how and why someone could pay that for a paint job and exactly how and why someone should NEVER pay $150k for a paint job.....Remster....while you were holding on to all of your stock....Naveen was busy selling massive chunks of his....sadly ironic....now, since it is dirt cheap....he has been buying it back...probably some of yours too....

Dude, if you want to get out of that car....go to the VCA classifieds, buy a used hood...they are on there....repaint to match your stock color....keep flipper and friends on the wall and sell the car....dude....dolphins and snakes do not play well together.....geez....even Tuna fish has the sense to be dolphin free.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery