The width of a Viper.

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

A huge consideration in picking the next place I live is that the garage be wide enough that the Viper can fit through the garage door. I see on various places that it says the width is 75.7" which would give me a little bit of wiggle room. Is that from the edges of both side mirrors? I'm curious. Thanks a bunch!

Justin.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the standard Garage door width is 9'. more than enough for a viper.

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Standard possibly. These ready built townhomes garage door size is 7.75 feet or 93 inches. They definitey appeared smaller than normal garages but i had to check. Thanks for the reply!

Roffle Waffle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
also, you might be scraping your front end if the incline is too sharp entering the garage

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see on various places that it says the width is 75.7" which would give me a little bit of wiggle room. Is that from the edges of both side mirrors?

On a Gen II GTS, I measure about 78" to the outside edges of the mirrors. 75.7" must be to the widest part of the body, with the mirrors folded in.

Big Al

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I park my 04 in a shipping container, very narrow but it fits with room on each side. I have installed some mirrors on the ends so I can see how much clearance that I have as I drive in. (To get out of the car I have a roll up door on the driver's side of the container.)

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I park my 04 in a shipping container, very narrow but it fits with room on each side. I have installed some mirrors on the ends so I can see how much clearance that I have as I drive in. (To get out of the car I have a roll up door on the driver's side of the container.)

Clever way to get some relatively inexpensive weatherproof parking !
I never thought about the door in the side idea; just like an enclosed car trailer. :2tu:

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
AZTZR, Thank you for helping me out. That really gives me some solid numbers to use when looking for my next place. I appreciate your help.

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

It's amazing what you can do with a used shipping container or two.. Cheap, secure, modular, weather-proof. They're great if you need a solid shed or tool room on the cheap and can be sided/painted etc. to match your yard decor...

They work good for shipping too.. ;)

OP
OP
N

NoVaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep watch the slope of the driveway - that is an area likely to get ya! :drive:

btw: what car are you getting/going to get/lookingn for? Shows you as enthusiast....

On May 9th. Subsequently my birthday, I'm going to be a 2006 coupe. I'm still up in the air about color. But I'm narrowing my fields.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten