These would be my race rules...

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a drag racing expert but these other "rules" seem silly to me. Here would be my revised set of "definition of power adders" rules for the event.

Each one of the following is a single power adder:
-NITROUS
This is one power adder no matter how many stages it comes in in. Progressive systems are also included in this one power adder. Bottom line is if you are using N2O, it doesn't matter how you are delivering it, it is still one power adder.
-FORCED INDUCTION
This includes any amount of superchargers or turbo chargers. A single turbo on a car with two cylinder banks is a really silly idea. So twin turbos are a single power adder. Bottom line is if you have some device under the hood that compresses air into your intake it is a single power adder. Intercoolers are included in this one power adder.
-BUILT MOTOR
Any motor that has had the heads removed in order to add power to the car has a single power adder. This includes ported/polished heads, large displacement motors, etc. (Cars that have had forged or low compression piston implants do not apply since the upgrade itself did not add any power.)

These are my rules. No since in trying to change my mind since I am probably the most stubborn person you could ever meet. Seriously, these rules would make the event much more fun and fair. The "official" rules clearly make it easier for some folks and mure difficult for others. This event should be about vipers going fast, not political BS that keeps the really fast cars from wanting to participate. If you want to bracket race that's fine but if you want to see who is really the fastest then level the playing field.

That's my opinion. :D

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rules are what they are. You've described an unlimited class. Who is going to come and race [******] with a street Roe SC car? If the field is not somewhat competitive to the majority, the majority isn't coming>

You can try to run a race with your rules. Let me know how many entries you get.

Moundir

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rules are what they are. You've described an unlimited class. Who is going to come and race [******] with a street Roe SC car? If the field is not somewhat competitive to the majority, the majority isn't coming>

You can try to run a race with your rules. Let me know how many entries you get.
Wow so you openly admit that your rules are there to single out the fastest Vipers :smirk: Nice, way to keep it fair for everyone :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ha,ha,ha. I just know you would come back and say something like that. Settle down little fella. I didn't describe a damn thing!! I just explained what I thought a power adder was classified as. If you want to have a no power added class, a 1 power adder class, a 2 power adder class, and an unlimited class, then go for it. I think that would be much more appealing than the BS I read over on the other thread. If John can build a car with one power adder that outruns everyone else's one power adder car then so be it. Who the hell wants to be able to say they won their class only because the event was engineered to keep the most competitive guys out of the event even though they have a very similar set up to every one else. Don't be so quick to jump on my as$. Maybe you should step back and take a look at how ridiculous saying a dual stage N2O system or twin turbo set up is two power adders. I'll wait for your apology!! :rolleyes:

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary - under your system - I assume everyone would be allowed 2 power adders.

Anthony,
If I were to try to organize an event, which I am not and probably never will, I would have several classes:

-No power adders(bolt ons)
-One Power Adder
-Two Power Adders
-Unlimited
-Street Tire

If the event couldn't support that many classes I would cut it down a little to maybe None, One, and Unlimited.

phiebert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My two cents (in Canadian dollars) is you are bang on Gary. I agree what you described above is one power adder. Simply put, Nitrous is one, a blower is one, Nitrous plus Blower is two. I think it gets a little more complicated when you start talking about built motor mods but I think you simplified it well by saying anything with the heads removed to add power is one.

In pauls defence, it ***** to plan an event and have everyone tell you the rules are crap! So I can understand the reaction. I've had to plan a bunch of events this year and when I get one word of criticism I want to lash out...but maybe I need thicker skin!

But to be honest, I'd rather race against a two stage Nitrous or twin-turbo and lose even though I only have single stage Nitrous than to win against cars that are exactly like mine. I would feel like I cheated if I won because I was put up against cars that weren't competitive because cars with a single power adder weren't allowed in my class. Then you might as well make it a driver only contest and rent a Viper and have everyone drive it to test reaction times, ET's, etc in the same car.

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd think you'd be allowed 2 power adders in the 2 power adders class. You could also have a no power adder, and a 1 power adder class. Easy cheesy!

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to spoil the party but most pro series professional drag racing events run along these lines and it's simple and makes sense:

N/A = No Power Adder. i.e. all motor any internal mods but no chemical or mech. supercharging
1 or more turbos = 1 P. A.
1 or more S/C = 1 P. A.
N2O (any # of stages) = 1 P. A.
Turbo(s) + N2O = 2 P. A.
S/C(s) + N2O = 2 P. A.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If this was a one-time event, I can see creating a specific set of rules, but if this is supposed to turn into a series, I don't see why a guy with a twin turbo should not go head-to-head with superchargers?

I belive several tuners have or are working on Viper turbo systems - why count them out? Isn't a turbo basically the same as an SC setup?

It seems to others that the guys with the superchargers are excluding the guys they know are faster - why? Some of the SC guys make just as much power as the turbo cars - if the SC guys want to win, don't make a special class where the SC's are king, just let the SC guys do more R&D. If you win the 1 PA class, are you really "faster" than the guy with a turbo? Every other class considers a turbo and a SC to be the same - why would this be different?

I woulnd't run in a series that seemed geared to letting a specific group win. Let's face it - the only cars that will really be competing in the 1PA class are DLM and Heffner cars.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome :D you are sharp. I thought that list was way too good just to be left alone in the alley :smirk:

Anyway - long as everyone can run their cars and have a blast is what it is all about. Once the SC cars run the ET's they are capable of and beat the NO2 boys - the rules will no doubt evolve more in line with everyone else. I don't mind the SC cars getting a chance to catch up as we all know that TT will always have the most potential. Also, the NO2 boys won't be sitting on their laurels - they're looking for ways to get more power too. It's all good.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to spoil the party but most pro series professional drag racing events run along these lines and it's simple and makes sense:

N/A = No Power Adder. i.e. all motor any internal mods but no chemical or mech. supercharging
1 or more turbos = 1 P. A.
1 or more S/C = 1 P. A.
N2O (any # of stages) = 1 P. A.
Turbo(s) + N2O = 2 P. A.
S/C(s) + N2O = 2 P. A.

Torque......these series you are talking about....what kind of tree do they run off of ? It is my life goal to get heads up Viper racing to run a pro tree.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike...Bring a freakin car or ****!!! :cool:

Just screwing with ya...You know you're still my ******...Who loves ya baby!!! :D

How about I bring my Vette and make you my sniveling ******? Hell, I'd take on the fastest SC's in the Vette - and win!

:eek: :eek: :D

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Torque......these series you are talking about....what kind of tree do they run off of ? It is my life goal to get heads up Viper racing to run a pro tree.

Tony - Both NHRA and here in NZ run a 0.400 pro tree. If you can consistently get reaction times in the 0.4's you'll be up with the top drivers.

OP
OP
G

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am not a drag racing expert

Now we know why there is so much confusion. Most don't know what the hell they are talking about :)

Sorry 2fast....I couldn't help it.

Tony,
you can call me Gary.

Kyle,
I know i can't help it. Give me a call to let me know how your car is coming. Looking forward to gettimng togather.

Also, I just wanted to say I am not trying to bring this event down. I hope it does very well. If a viper event was closer to me I would love to participate and even help promote. I think it is good for the viper community for us to come togather at events like this one. I think my suggestions would do nothing but help this event. If the rules have been made and there is no way to change them then let the show go on. Next time I think the rules should be different but that is just my opinion, and like Tony said, what the f.uck do I know?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quoteand like Tony said, what the f.uck do I know?

[/QUOTE]

HEY....I didn't go that far :) .....Gary

p.s. Anybody can look at your sig and see....in fact you do know what is going on.