thinkin of selling my 06 vert what can i get?

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thinkin of selling my 06 vert toget a gallardo.its blk with silver stripes 5700 miles,5 spoke wheels,sirius radio,xlnt in /out.what do you think i can get for the car?
thanks
adam

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Beautiful color/wheel combination:2tu:

I would estimate in the $60K-$63K range, but the used exotic market seems a little schizophrenic right now(kind of like the stock market) so you really won't know till you get it out there.

Good luck with your sale, and your eventual new toy!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Low $60s is probably most realistic. Depends on how fast you need to sell. If you need to move it $58K - $60K, but if you are willing to wait, $62-$65K sounds about right but there is a lot of competition now especially with the new 2008s coming soon. Good luck with the Gallardo.

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch 60-63k wow thats a huge loss in less than a year of ownership.im hoping to get high 60s,will see how it goes with the sale if no bites i will keep her and still get my other toy.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ouch 60-63k wow thats a huge loss in less than a year of ownership.im hoping to get high 60s,will see how it goes with the sale if no bites i will keep her and still get my other toy.

New untitled ones are going for high $60s so a low mileage example will go for less. I say keep both; best of both worlds.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you can afford to have both, then that's what I would do. Otherwise, you will take a big hit on your 06' vert. I thought of selling my 05' FGT, getting an 08' Viper coupe and pocketing the remainder (investing it). Then I came to my senses, losing 20-25K in the first year of ownership was not worth it!

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i will try to keep both,i also have a diablo vt but driving that car for a few hours my back is out and the gallardo is a great driver with the egear trans.but the viper is in its own class love the torque and raw power.

jdoc7

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can't go wrong with the Gallardo. It is a beautiful car. I would like to have an orange SE with E-gear

big-n-italian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you can afford to have both, then that's what I would do. Otherwise, you will take a big hit on your 06' vert. I thought of selling my 05' FGT, getting an 08' Viper coupe and pocketing the remainder (investing it). Then I came to my senses, losing 20-25K in the first year of ownership was not worth it!

you're starting to miss us arent you? :D

redtanrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[quote=adamlotus;2458485]thinkin of selling my 06 vert toget a gallardo.its blk with silver stripes 5700 miles,5 spoke wheels,sirius radio,xlnt in /out.what do you think i can get for the car?
thanks
adam[/quote]

A 7100 mile car just like your car (except w/H spokes) is on ebay, says he will take $61K.

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many miles have you put on the Viper since you purchased? Do you expect to put the same amount on the Gallardo? Trust me, you can't drive the Gallardo as much as you could the Viper. Expect to replace the clutch after about 8k miles and spend over $7k doing so. Also expect to take massive losses with it once you reach the 10k mile mark. $3k to replace tires, $2k for the 15k service, etc - Very expensive to own and maintain. That said, if you're willing to spend the money it's an AWESOME car.

Good luck.

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dodge viper 01 thats the one i want.clutchs will last longer than 8 k if shifted properly.i have over 30k miles on my clucth onmy diablo.i dont mind the miles on my cars i purchased my diablo 3 years ago with 18000 km now i have 63000 km .i will wait till the market gets softer and pick one up and still keep the viper,this is my 4th viper and i love the cars,maintaince on gallardos are much less than diablos or ferraris,when i owned a 355 that was also very costly to maintain.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dodge viper 01 thats the one i want.clutchs will last longer than 8 k if shifted properly.i have over 30k miles on my clucth onmy diablo.i dont mind the miles on my cars i purchased my diablo 3 years ago with 18000 km now i have 63000 km .i will wait till the market gets softer and pick one up and still keep the viper,this is my 4th viper and i love the cars,maintaince on gallardos are much less than diablos or ferraris,when i owned a 355 that was also very costly to maintain.

Good luck Adam. Be sure to keep up informed.

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

E-Gear is what causes the clutch not to last as long, they have problems.

Yes the 355 is pretty expensive, bought a '98 with 6k miles on it and had to pay $6k for a service (replace belts, etc)

I've put more money into maintenance on the Gallardo's than the Ferrari - Have a 355, 360 & F430.

Seems like you know what you're doing though, from your first post I wasn't sure you had owned one before, just trying to give my advise from past experience :2tu:

OP
OP
A

adamlotus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well the dealer offered me 54k on my car.i will hold off at the moment everyone tells me to wait and the exotic car prices will suffer in the beginning of next year

Need1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gallardo are awseome! ***** how bad the Vipers loose on resale.
Not nearly as much as a Ferrari or Lambo (Although mileage is MUCH more sensitive on them than a Viper) You'll lose about $3 per mile in mileage depreciation alone on an F430

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was offered $58K for my '05 Viper with 25,000 miles on it. Ask Jon B. at partsrack to get a better idea of what your car should bring. I would guess it should bring $65K before the '08 Vipers hit the streets. Then it should diminish somewhat.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang