Thinking of Borla catback system

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Totally stock 04, would really like to hear some exhaust. Thinking of the Borla's. Not doing headers or any other mods, just looking for some sound. Can get some for a decent price....jump in if you have them, and compared to stock is there quite a bit of difference.
Thanks

Last edited:

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's gonna be real loud....and real drone-y! I don't have it on my car, but have heard it on a few others.

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the borla has way to much DRONE , and my car is a vert. After the borla I got a Corsa love it no drone.

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the Mopar Race exhaust (Borla) in my old '06, and absolutely loved them. There was some drone, but I loved it. I do think the '08-'10 models are just too quite. I'm considering making a change for my '09. My thought is if you are going to change your exhaust, make it worthwhile... Corsa may be too quite? I've heard them and they are not much louder than stock. The Borla is def louder than stock...

cubican

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had the Mopar Race exhaust (Borla) in my old '06, and absolutely loved them. There was some drone, but I loved it. I do think the '08-'10 models are just too quite. I'm considering making a change for my '09. My thought is if you are going to change your exhaust, make it worthwhile... Corsa may be too quite? I've heard them and they are not much louder than stock. The Borla is def louder than stock...
"not much louder than stock" Your way off I had each system on my ride and the Corsa is much much better. When you open it up the corsa is loud , but you can still cruze with no Drone.

fqberful

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Totally stock 04, would really like to hear some exhaust. Thinking of the Borla's. Not doing headers or any other mods, just looking for some sound. Can get some for a decent price....jump in if you have them, and compared to stock is there quite a bit of difference.
Thanks

Try the MOPAR race exhaust P4510856 which is for GenIII [ the above link doesn't appear to be for a Gen III ] ... Gets rid of the cats and cross over. Side sills stay cool, interior stays cool, sound volume +2. Some drone at some speeds. Mine has a sweet spot right around 80 where it's almost dead quiet, I have 3.55's so maybe at a lower speed than stock. WOT it sounds awesome. Easy to install, can be used with M&M headers later on, works with stock GenIII headers as well.

--FQB

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea the Corsa was great for me, loud when I hit the loud pedal, and not when I didn't. All these cars are too darn quiet stock. For my new GenIV I'll Corsa again, I can't do a drone when it's 3 feet from ear and a vert. I think if you want more than the Corsa than do hi-flo cats, should add even more sound and still minimize any drone. Just my 2 cents.

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having my Aero Cat-Back system installed this Friday and hope it sounds nice :2tu: (Stock Gen III with only an x-metal TB and AB wires) When I heard the Corsa systems at the track they sounded a little too raspy for me. I prefer a deeeep/throaty sound.

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
W

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I think i need to hear the borla's. Drone kinda *****, but i can live with a little. Still contemplating, but im defiantely doing something this winter. Its on my "to do winter mods list". LOL

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Same for me. Tried the Borla system but the drone was a little too much. Have the Corsa and love it. If you want it louder, add hi flow Random techs.

Wiretech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the ROE hi flow and borla exhaust on my 06 crossover removed, good deep throaty sound, I like it I can put up with the drone for now, at 2500 rpm its hard talk with the windows down.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Would have to echo the owners here that touted the attributes of the Corsa. The R & D is superb and they sound killer under power and idle , but just do not have the annoying drone of the Borla. For a catback, I think they are the absolutely best, but then we have gotten such fabulous customer service from them over the years, and that has enhanced the product.

Kinda nice to get a product built in the US ( Ohio ) by hand, knowing the unit was dyno'd and built to produce the most power with the best sound , sans an annoying drone. This system is literally tuned to each make of car/truck they build their units for and with no internal packing , they last forever.

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Borlas sound real good and have the deeper sound than the Corsas but the drone isn't worth it, especially if you drive longer distances. You can probably put up with just about anything for about a half hour or less. If you're young (real young) probably more so but if you're old, probably not much more than 5 minutes! Over 45 is old!

Pappa Prich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Would have to echo the owners here that touted the attributes of the Corsa. The R & D is superb and they sound killer under power and idle , but just do not have the annoying drone of the Borla. For a catback, I think they are the absolutely best, but then we have gotten such fabulous customer service from them over the years, and that has enhanced the product.

Kinda nice to get a product built in the US ( Ohio ) by hand, knowing the unit was dyno'd and built to produce the most power with the best sound , sans an annoying drone. This system is literally tuned to each make of car/truck they build their units for and with no internal packing , they last forever.

Hi Bill -- This is an excellent post and thank you for your experience! For someone who would be looking for a complete header back system (most likely without cats) what system would you recommend? The full belanger or headers with a corsa system? Thanks! Bryan

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borlas with Random Techs and love them. They aren't too loud at all. As for the Corsa's they are not for me as it is my opinion that they are far too overpriced and sound rather weak. The Borlas have a little bit of drone but it does not bother me at all.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang