Thinking of pulling the trigger on an ACR Voodoo but ....

viperbilliam

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed the variation in body fit among the Gen III/IV myself; just shop around until you find one with the better fit. Trunk and door gaps were the areas I noticed most of the variation. Do look at the hood fit though I haven't noticed variation here as much.

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have noticed the variation in body fit among the Gen III/IV myself; just shop around until you find one with the better fit. Trunk and door gaps were the areas I noticed most of the variation. Do look at the hood fit though I haven't noticed variation here as much.
Thanks so much viperbilliam....I found a Final Edition that was in perfect shape. I am looking at taking this over the Vooodoo even though it doesn't have Ralphs signature on it.

OP
OP
H

HOLLYWOOD1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was referring to the eight nuts that hold the rear liftgate to the vehicle. Four are visible, Four are under the headliner. You can do some side to side (driver to passenger) with the ones you can see. In and out (front to rear of car) with the ones under the headliner.

Loosen the four nuts under the headlinder just enough so both hinges can move (right and left hinge). With the rear liftgate open try to "over extend" it Do not try to push forward. just push "up" on the lift gate past the shock limits and it will slide forward by its self.

Leave the shocks in place

rear deck = liftgate

Do NOT take the shocks off.
This is the kind of stuff that drives me crazy, but I'll get over it, just kidding. It really is too bad that a lot of the cars have come out of the plant with these tolerances. From the looks of this thread a lot of the boys have run into this problem. Oh well, as long as it can be adjusted. As for some of these gaps, I think some fenders, etc may have to be adjusted to correct some of the crazy gaps. Break out the shims. This is going places I chose not to go even though I love turning wrenches and really am not afraid of anything mechanical but I do know my limitations and pulling fenders or shimming them on new Vipers is just not where I want to venture.