Thinking of trading my GTS for a SRT/10 Coupe

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT has better brakes and handling, more power, improved fit and finish. It's technically a better car. The only edge the GTS has is its looks and the attention it gets, and even that's debateable to some. If you can, keep both, but you couldn't go wrong getting the new coupe. :2tu:

I'm keeping my gts no matter what, but I'm itching to add a new coupe to the garage.

Ron Hickey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Outside of the styling and the "Wow" factor, the SRT-10, coupe or convertible, is simply a better car: better handling and braking, more power, more comfortable, easier to drive, better quality of construction, etc. The SRT-10 may not attract quite as much attention as the GTS, but it's still a head-turner.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realize that he is asking about the SRT Coupe and not the roadster. Having seen several of the Coupes in person at CAAP, I can tell you that they have more "presence" than the convertible. Still perhaps not quite as visually stunning as a GTS, but pretty damn close. I guarantee that in the GTS vs. SRT Coupe "heads turned" department, that race would be too close to call.

And to all of my fellow SRT convertible owners, I chose the SRT convertible over my GTS and decided against a Coupe as well. You can't get rid of me just yet... :2tu:

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have driven my new coupe only 300 miles since I picked it up (bad weather) but I must say it attracted as much attention from all ages as my GTS's do. It is a much tighter feeling car and the seats are noticeably different - they almost **** you into position and hold you there. The brakes are superior and the interior (with the blue trim and added silver dash) seems much richer. Visibility out the back window is less. The light switch is on the steering column so you don't hit it with your knee. The wiper lever is too close to the steering wheel and I turn them on accidentally sometimes when I turn the wheel. I think the stock exhaust sound is better than the GTS but I plan to put the Mopar race exhaust on eventually anyway. The dead pedal is a nice addition but I got so used to not having one that I forget to use it. The rear hatch is an improvement for access to that space but you really have to slam it to get it to latch, especially with all of the doors and windows closed.

I'm looking forward to getting more comfortable with it as the seat time increases. It is a great car!

Bob K

Scotty B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I gott chime in here too...

We unloaded our all black SRTC Saturday morning from Woodhouse Auto Family where Bill Pemberton(thx billy) made a nice smoothe transaction for us and drove it home earning quite a bit more attention than I expected... :eek:

This hot rod easily gets as much attention as the Saphire/Silver striped ACR (which was way too much for my taste...) so the boyz (Ralph especially) :headbang: may really be on to something here...

Imagine that, satisfy the guys who want to be ogled by twenty sumthings and keep the techies happy too... What a concept and WHAT A FREEKIN HOT ROD!! THIS THING ROCKS!! :2tu:

Now I gotta get this thing to the shop and cut the roof off and get busy weldin and cuttin... :eek:

sbw :usa:

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Realize that he is asking about the SRT Coupe and not the roadster. Having seen several of the Coupes in person at CAAP, I can tell you that they have more "presence" than the convertible. Still perhaps not quite as visually stunning as a GTS, but pretty damn close. I guarantee that in the GTS vs. SRT Coupe "heads turned" department, that race would be too close to call.

No doubt... if the gts is a perfect 10, the srt coupe commands at LEAST a 9.5. My only complaint is the inconsistancies in design. It's a matter of artistic principles. Otherwise, it looks great.

FLOORIN04

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And to all of my fellow SRT convertible owners, I chose the SRT convertible over my GTS and decided against a Coupe as well. You can't get rid of me just yet... :2tu:

:2tu:

Turbo63

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really think you can't go wrong with whatever Viper you choose. Just get one that you like! Believe me I have been torn by the choices as well. The long/short is that I think only the Viper owner community has an opinion over which Viper is "more viper" or "more powerful" etc. The fact of the matter is in the grand scheme of things there aren't that many Vipers out there and ANY GEN model will draw unbelievable attention. For example, I live in PA - and I believe the last Viper magazine listed approximately 700 Vipers registered in the state! That is such a small population of cars - the attraction interest of the public is extreme for the SRT 10 and ANY Viper model. Go get what you like, drive them to ensure you pick the right one and enjoy the car - ask yourself not others - thats what matters believe me!

SweetRed04

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Throughout automotive history, in the long run, convertibles have been the dominant winners of the wow and value contest with only a few exceptions (Gull Wing Mercedes, '63 Corvette split window coupe, and Big wing, droop nose Dodge Superbees). Maybe Vipers coupes of various vintages will also be exceptions as well but it is too early to tell.

Everyone is entitled to his opinion. The statement that the SRT coupe has more presense than a convertible is simply one's opinion. The attention the coupe gets is more likely related to the newness factor of the car.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wiper lever is too close to the steering wheel and I turn them on accidentally sometimes when I turn the wheel.

Bob K

If I had one SERIOUS GRIPE about the way the interior is designed it would be the above statement. I thought it was just my fat fingers /hand, but EVERYTIME I turn my key or take my key out I turn the wipers on....ridiculous... PITA :(

G

06 VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get an SRT.. It does handle better and has real good brakes. As per the WOW factor, you can not go wrong. Both cars have it so you have to go with your gut.

Warfang

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wiper lever is too close to the steering wheel and I turn them on accidentally sometimes when I turn the wheel.

Bob K

If I had one SERIOUS GRIPE about the way the interior is designed it would be the above statement. I thought it was just my fat fingers /hand, but EVERYTIME I turn my key or take my key out I turn the wipers on....ridiculous... PITA :(

G
HA! Don't get me started on the Gen1/2 interior! I love my GTS, but I've turned the lights off with my knees more times than I care to remember, and which retard designed the heater/AC???!!! He needs to be dragged out and shot! Letsee... the cold air comes out of the vents while the hot air only comes out from below. Everytime I'm trying to warm my fingers on a cold day, it looks like I'm j#rking off! :D

redlightrich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i had a 97 gts, sold it, then saw this b/w 06 coupe and pulled the trigger. i only have 400 miles on the 06 as nj has bad weather now, and i dont want road salt all under the car. it brakes better, "feels" faster, is tighter, but feels just as quick to lose the rear. overall i like the 06 much better, but the genII, imo, looked a little more "exotic". being only 5'8'' tall, i never felt too cramped in either.