This can't be right

Slypopsracing

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Only you know how sanitary your bracket looks underneath your car, but then, how your car looks to you IS the only thing that matters, good job.

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks like it addresses the flex issue just fine...let us know how it works out over the long haul!

Hyno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes you are correct

So did Gen II Vipers not come with rear calipers or something? On my RT, I have the two black calipers that say Viper on them up front, but on the rear I can only see what I now know is the E-brake calipers. Sorry if this is a noobish question... I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.

jmasin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So did Gen II Vipers not come with rear calipers or something? On my RT, I have the two black calipers that say Viper on them up front, but on the rear I can only see what I now know is the E-brake calipers. Sorry if this is a noobish question... I'm not really knowledgeable when it comes to this stuff.

I can promise you that you have rear brake calipers :)

I believe the smaller calipers on the rear in the pics above which say "Viper" on them are aftermarket for the parking brake.

On the ABS cars (my GenII for instance) the parking brake is integrated into the rear calipers, which are boring single-sided pistons on sliders. So aftermarket calipers for the rear need a relocation of the parking brake system.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i dont think he would have changed the geometry with pulling the bolt unless I am overlooking something, i would me more concerned that it was set to the right torque specs

PS - you should get your alignment checked now after loosening half the upper control arm mounts.

OP
OP
CSXT802

CSXT802

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It does make doing a crack check etc a lot easier when everything is clean.

Good point. The brackets I made work good for the brake lines, but not for the E-brake cables. So the cables got the zip ties with rubber tubing.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Apologies in advance for not having as spotless an undercarriage as some around here, but this is how I set up my rear lines. I made mounting tabs very similar to the factory items and used dash 3 Aeroquip DIY hoses.
You must be registered for see images attach

I bought a pair of brass inverted flare 90s to hook the hardlines up to.
You must be registered for see images attach

luc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. That is nice and simple. I think I'll do that. That will give me plenty of time to come up with a bracket.

I't a good old idea/concept but the rubber piece is not, it will stretch and the zip tie will get loose.
Instead use another zip tie ( at 90* from the other one) to do the same job than the rubber.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
if it was me i would take a heater hose slice down center then put that around the line where it will most likely be zipped tied to the control arm but thats just me.

Amen.

plus some more useless characters to reach a quantity greater than 10 so the software will let me post this reply....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang