This Is The Sound I Was Looking For!

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I picked-up my car from Heffner's place yesterday and wanted to share the joy with everyone.

Jason replaced my stock setup (header/primary cat/secondary cat/muffler) with Heffner Header/primary cat delete/RT Cat/Corsa Exhaust. Before the change, I was a little worried that the Corsa would produce higher pitched sound than what I wanted and would "muffle" the 10 cylinders too much. On the drive back home, however, I quickly realized that my worries were needless. The new setup simply sounds AWESOME! It was quite at idle and at cruise, but when I hit the gas, this unbelievably orchestrated music (all frequencies were present)instantly filled the air and asked me, "how fast do you want to go?" WOW. Words just cannot do justice. Oh, BTW, Jason also replaced my stock differential with 3.55, and I think that also added tremendously to the excitement I experienced yesterday. THANKS Jason. :2tu: Now, only if the darn weather would cooperate .....

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
****** - Have you had your SRT during warm weather? Mine seems to have excellent traction in warm weather. Cold tires are another story however.

quickysrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no not yet just got her. i get disapointed every time i try to launch her. i guess ill wait for the summer time. shes in storage for now anyways.

-quickysrt

OP
OP
M

Mach500

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I don't think 3.55 improves traction (maybe opposite). The run-flats are not very traction-friendly to begin with. Like Ron stated above, traction gets a lot better with the warm pavement.