This Thing Is A Beast!!!!!!!

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am truly impressed by the new 08'. I was on the fence about Gen3 or Gen4, but after you have driven one there is no question that this is a completely different car. I only have 47 miles (delivery miles plus home from the dealership), but my first impressions are AMAZING!!!! I left the dealership in a cloud of dust with a hearty roar of exhaust and found myself feathering the throttle thinking HOLY *?&# !!!! The same kind of driving I did with my '06 to the wood now feels like I was doing all of that at only half throttle. The grip and launch feel of the new tires also helps the seat of the pants acceleration. I probably seem like I am babbling, but this new car is OUTRAGEOUS, I am just so excited I could hardly put it away in the garage last night.

I have heard two schools of thought on the break in procedure.

1. keep under a certain MPH or a certain time, then briskly through the gears keep under this rpm, blah, blah, blah.

AND

2. DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now I have a lot of respect for the engineer that came up with the thorough break-in procedure and I am sure it has purpose, but someone needs to convince my right foot of that because he is all about " HAMMER DOWN BABY"!!!!!

I truly have a new found respect for you garage kept trailer queen guys. How do you keep low miles and minimal wear on a car like this ? I know I just don't have that kind of self control. I am like a kid in the toy store. Even more so now than when I bought the first one because of the " fear factor" in the new one.

THE BEAST IS BACK !!!!!!!!

Now is it just me or do the interior components seem slightly revised also. The reason being is that the seat seems to now go farther back. I am now one click from all the way back as opposed to the seat actually rubbing on the back panel all the way back. The interior instrument panels and dash seem to be slightly more satin than the '06. I like the idea that the door locks actually have a click noise to them now, and lights to help find them at night. It just seems like there are a lot of subtle differences and quality improvements d..........

I just can't finish I have to go DRIVE.............

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i hear ya man... i'm headed out in mine right now with absolutely no sense of where i'm going.. i just gotta go for a drive

OP
OP
F

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fresh off the presses !!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 162
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 147
OP
OP
F

Fast1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have never attached images. Did I do it right? How come I can't see them embedded? I guess I have to read the How-to thread.

V

Venomiss

1326d1210517718-thing-beast-img_0243.jpg

1327d1210517729-thing-beast-img_0244.jpg

1328d1210517740-thing-beast-img_0245.jpg

1329d1210517749-thing-beast-img_0246.jpg

A little help showing your wonderful new ride-beautiful!!!!