This Viper should have been totaled

Darkness

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm what will happen if a guy buys it and then a few months down the line he notices vibrations or uneven tire wear? Or maybe worst, something that will affect safety? Will his insurance company give the car as totaled or will he have to **** it up?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Atleast this seller is being honest. To bad this website doesn't have a totalled car section. The VIN could be cataloged then.

viperdude1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hard to believe , this car still has a Chrysler Max Care extended warranty, and the factory warranty was never restricted .

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
GTSnake said: "Shouldn't the VIN show up on Carfax?"

It is my understanding that not all repair shops report this info to Carfax.
It would be interesting to know the numbers of insurance companies that do report.

As has been pointed out in the past, Carfax is a tool...but not always the final answer.

REMEMBER this post by SERPENT INDIANA in April, 2003:

".......About a year ago I ran CARFAX on a bunch of cars I had owned thru the years....there were errors on about a third of them....some didn't show accidents the cars were in....some didn't show proper title info...in short, I was amazed at how many errors there were in these cars...I knew the real story because the cars had been mine....I was mainly just trying to see where the cars were after many years, out of curiousity.....I wouldn't depend on CARFAX as the final word on any purchase....."

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah heard the same thing from Carfax. Ran quite a few VINs and quite a few of them came back with clear non accident titles. Funny part was, a few of them were past vehicles I owned and know the story. Carfax is a good idea but has it's errors.