Those whom own both a GTS and SRT10 - or have gone from a GTS to a SRT10

Ray W

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck is right. With an e.t. slower than 10.00 the average is one car length per tenth of a second. Also one length for every 10hp or every 100lbs approximately.

I bought my all my Vipers based on hp & torque. My favorite
is the GTS for my own reasons. However if I am being honest with myself the SRT convertible would be the best choice based on performance alone.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stock to Stock, It's obvious the SRT10 has a bit on the GENII performance wise.

Fact is though, the GENII looks better sitting on the Podium even with the Silver Medal around it! :D

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must have one of the short version GTS :) 5 car lengths = 35 ft (7 ft long GTS???)

:eek: ok, but 35' still seems like alot for 2 tenths of a second. Again, I'm not argueing, just suprised. :shocked:

Like I said, my math isn't too great but trust me, .2 is approaching *** whoopin' territory.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Re: Those whom own both a GTS and SRT10 - or have gone from a GTS to a SRT1

.2 should be about two car lengths at that speed.

According to my 01 GTS ACR manual, the car will run the 1/4 in 12.4. The SRT-10, again according to DC should run 11.8. I realize these are averages with many variables, probably the driver being the greatest but .6 seconds is a bunch.

I still like them both and we're taking both to the drags in June. I expect to go around 12.2 - 12.5 with the stock GTS and 10.5 - 10.8 with the highly modded SRT. We'll see.