Throttle bodies

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi,

I wanted to add 70mm throttle bodies and was wondering if my btr filters would fit or do I have to change them? I really like the filters and if they dont fit, is there a way I could make them fit ?? thanx

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Venumish,
What you have should fit. Doesn't look like they will but with a little stretch they fit fine. Just don't use anything sharp which could slice the rubber.

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jason,

So if I just install the 70mm throttle bodies without opening the intake that would cause turbulence ? I know people said that throttle bodies without ported heads wont gain a thing. But in the near future I am doing heads so now you got me thinking about this opening the intake thing, I dont know how to do it.

Marc,
I will try the stretching thing you told me about
smile.gif
thanx

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may also want to remove the intake manifold and open the intake to the size of the throttle bodies, that way you won't create any turbulence or disrupt airflow.

Jason Heffner

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you install 70mm throttle bodies, the throttle bodies are bigger than the opening in the manifold which is no conducive to smooth airflow.

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My $.02: wait on the throttle bodies until you have the heads done. You'll need to pull the intake manifold at that point anyway, and while the heads are off have the intake extrude-honed and port matched. If you go with larger TBs have the manifold matched to them as well. If you do TBs right now you will degrade driveability with no compensating increase in power.

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanx guys for all the replies, I guess I ll just wait until I do the heads.
smile.gif