Time for a change! NY/CT Region Board nominations.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
NY/CT members it is FINALLY here, A REAL Election!
In three days I've talked to over fifty [so far] club members and we all agree as to who should run for the positions:

President: Scott Grayson [Citysnake]
Vice President: Adrian Byrd [*** BLK]
Secretary: Shari Morwood [Sheesnake]
Treasurer: Keith Bub

We believe the four people that we are nominating can work in harmony to
re-organize/re-build the NY/CT Region. :2tu:

A ballot for the elections will be sent to all current NY/CT members on November 12, 2004. These ballots must be turned in by Wednesday, December 8, 2004 to VCA HQ.

Good luck to all the nominees! :usa:

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
President: Scott Grayson [Citysnake] is a good choice.

Id vote for city if I could.

if he gets in office, im joining THAT club for sure.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only one I have ever talked to is citysnake but I trust Chuck so if he says they deserve it so do I.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
stugots, thats what i thinking. Chuck has NOT steered me wrong YET....ya gotta trust a guy like him.

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
To all NY/CT Club members, I (Charlie Tedesco)the current Secretary am looking forward for the chance to be nominated as your Secretary for 2005. I really enjoyed meeting new members this year and our spirited drives all together is really a force to be reckoned with. We all created some great memories that will entertain conversations in years to come. I feel we all have had the chance to get to know each other on more of a personal level and also I was fortunate this year to attend almost all of our events and weekend drives. Those of you that know me can vouch for my strong conviction of being a resource for all Viper Club/Car related concerns. If nominated for 2005 I will intend to keep my commitment to the members and address their needs as best as possible in order to make NY/CT the most successful chapter in the VCA. I look forward to meeting up with all of you soon.

Best Regards,

Charlie Tedesco
NY/CT Secretary

1999 Silver R/T10
1970 Plum Crazy Purple Charger R/T 440

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Member now for 2 years and I have met a lot of great folks all around. WHo can never argue with anything CHuck says since he has gone out of his way to help so many of us including myself on several occasions. My read on Chuck is a honest to goodness old fashioned U. S. of A type of guy who will always do what is right. thanks Chuck.

I can honestly say I only know Scott (city Snake) of the above listed and Scott is a great guy, who is definitely a snake man.

I have spent a lot of time with Charlie who is the current Secretary and he is also dedicated to the snake community and just an all around great guy. No offense to any of the others I have just not had the chance yet to interface with any of you.

I will support Charlie moving foward at this point, I hope to meet you all at one point,

O yeah, gotta say it............BUSH too !!!! :headbang: :usa: :headbang:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like charlie being where he is as well. he has been to every event organized and that to me means alot. he is very dedicated and actually helped me put together viper cruises so he plays a big role in the viper community.

BACKNBLACK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude this is not right.I thought I was the President of the joint. Re malaka poustee!!! Yo Scott since I know you well, I'll have to be the sec of defense with you. :headbang:

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They arrived Today. :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: I would like hear from Scott Grayson on what changes he would like to make to improve the Club! I have been to 5 Club events since April and haven't had the opportunity to meet Scott or Shari. Adrian & Keith you 2 have no competition! :D Scott are you going to have the Time and put forth the effort it takes to Run the NY/CT Viper Club? Its a lot of work i'm sure and I would like to have you Post your ideas!! Thanks

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They arrived Today. :eek: :confused: :confused: :confused: I would like hear from Scott Grayson on what changes he would like to make to improve the Club! I have been to 5 Club events since April and haven't had the opportunity to meet Scott or Shari. Adrian & Keith you 2 have no competition! :D Scott are you going to have the Time and put forth the effort it takes to Run the NY/CT Viper Club? Its a lot of work i'm sure and I would like to have you Post your ideas!! Thanks
CT:
We actually met briefly at Sommerville. I couldn't stay for dinner so I hung for a few with Plumcrazy and Jerome till the rain stopped (of course it started to pour again on my ride home ;) ).

Anyway, I must admit I feel a bit uncomfortable campaigning here on the VCA site. I consider Joe to be a friend despite the fact that I am now in a position to challenge him for regional office.

To answer your question, yes, I will put in the time and effort necessary to invigorate our region. I have some experience with motorsport events having been the competition chairman for the Jaguar Club of NA for many years prior to my moving up to Vipers. In addition, I have several members who are intensely interested in assisting with new ideas, new events, an updated local website and a packed calendar. Presently, there are simply far to many disenfranchised club members.

If you have any questions or suggestions or just want to see me grovel for votes ;) , I invite you to contact me directly via PM or email.

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first post says that they will be mailed out on Nov. 12th to all current NY/CT members. Today is the 6th.
Oh My...I missed your offer Tony. With you aboard...well let's just say that things would never be the same! :D :2tu:

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
guess its my turn to step up to the "plate" so here it goes. I might make friends or make enemies. I really don’t care. No one puts gas in my car or pays for my repairs. When i first was introduced to the VCA by Adam96 ( which I’m so glad he did) in the winter of 2003 I was so amazed at the events other warm climate VCA clubs were doing and i thought it would be great to just cruise with even 2 other vipers. So when the weather in late march started to warm up I started to post on VCA thread for get togethers.

At our first get together we had about 12-15 vipers on a 40 degree day. Everyone came out to cruise and met up and were so glad that I had posted and gathered so many vipers in one spot. After that we started to do this every sunday because well……not gonna lie but I enjoyed my self first and second everyone else enjoyed themselves. The group just got bigger and bigger and was rumored to be called the "CARVEL CREW" cause we met at the carvel parking lot every Sunday and from there we took cruises out east or west on Long Island. We had vipers come from 150 miles away each way just to meet us and curious to see what this whole “Carvel CREW” get togethers were all about from seeing photos and hearing this from their friends. At those get togethers 8 out of 10 times Scott Grayson was there and 9 out of 10 Charlie T was there!

I'm sure Joe and all the other execs heard what was goin on and showed interest but never had shown up for the "Carvel CREW" Cruises. Guess it was more of an Ego thing for them more than anything. They didn’t even mention to butt in and say come up our way or we will take care of it from here. It's not till almost the end of the season that these guys started to come out to show face. Joe and all those guys are great and great people but come on, it's the little things you have to do to make these guys happy and not big costly weekend getaways that cost hundreds of dollars 4 times a year.

I have been involved with the viper club this whole season and everyone wanted me to run for President. I turned it down and decided to hand that title over to someone who everyone looked up to, a leader figure that had experience with car clubs. To me that’s Scott Grayson! I know Joe loves this club but I just felt like he wasn’t on top of things many times and was just too laid back. To keep everyone together is a tough job and what makes other viper owners come out and play with you is the respect they have for you. If they don’t like you or respect you they JUST wont come out and play.

I also pick Adrian. He also wasn’t very active at first and again didn’t show face till end of the season (I kinda understand why buddy) but I still vote for him cause he is a very neutral person and just goes with the flow with nothing ever bad to say about nobody. Besides we need a big muscle guy as protection just incase we ever get into trouble with the corvette guys. Come on guys think about it? ITS FOR YOUR BENEFIT and NOT THEIRS! You’re the one paying $100 a year.

UVBINBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I am going to chime in here and if people dont like what I have to say I don't really care. I joined this club for fun to hang out and just drive. I can honestly say I dont feel I got my 100 bucks worth this year and I have to say thank you to the carvel club and the viperboys for making having a viper fun. I will agree that there are to sets of people in this club; the drivers and the wine/fine hotel group. Yes, it would be great if every thing worked out for everyone but it does not. The club is leaning towards the wine/dine. I for one want to thank Chuck for the bbq and all the work and time he puts in to this club AND TO GO ON THE VCA NY/CT WEB PAGE AND HE IS NOT LISTED IS BULLSH*T. There is a list of evevry other Dodge dealer in NY so to that I say bad taste. I also find it in bad taste that every time I get the venom pages or what every they are called I see the same small group of people in the pics and then 5 pages of advertisements for one Dodge dealer. Look, I understand people want choices and thats fine, but to leave Chuck out it wrong. I think some thing has to change this club is no longer fun, no longer exciting, nolonger worth my time. and I THINK GETTING THESE EMAILS FROM CURRENT VCA LEADERS IS DISGUSTING. I am not saying either side is write or wrong, I just dont feel like opening my email and reading [******] being slung. The president is here for the people the people have been speaking. No matter the out come this club better improve. Also, the president should not be referring people to one place or another. This is a club, I understand some people pick a place a because its close, other choose anaother place. In my opinion I feel the club is only recommending one place, and that can be seen on the webpage in the newsletter. Anyway, I am going back to the alley where owning a viper is fun.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
how about a "CARVEL CREW" rebel chapter? would that work out? we get our own jackets and stuff. but really all kddin aside. there are only 12 members in the NY/CT chapter? why doesnt anyone else speak up? we need to hear you. :usa:

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D, thanks for your support. You are right I don't like getting involved with the bulls..t and have a great time just hanging out with other viper owners. Both sides ask me to continue to be Vice-President and I will always do what I feel is better for the club and will not be told what I should do. Yes I sent a e-mail out to everyone because I had received questions and felt that was the only way to reach out all at once.I also got tired of opening up e-mails about this matter. My pick for President is Joe and here is why. I met Scott Grayson going up to Woodstock and we talked for a few minutes and this is his exact words on running for President. He said that he is only doing it for Chuck and really do not have the time for this and that my friend I have a problem with. For anyone who don't believe this I will meet them with Scott face to face and repeat what I just said. I will not go back and forward with e-mails my number is listed you can always call.I am also voting for CHARLIE for many reasons that I want get into and he is one hell of a guy. WHAT KNOW ONE WANT TO ADMIT TO IS THIS IS NOT ABOUT OUR CLUB BUT IS PERSONAL. WE ARE ALL CAUGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF IT AND BEING PLAYED LIKE THE PLAYERS WANT US TO BE. MEN AT THE END OF THE DAY IT'S WHAT BETTER FOR THEM NOT US GUYS DON'T BE FOOL. With this my viper buddies I leave this message and that is have a great holiday with your family and friends YOU KNOW THE IMPORTANT THINGS IN LIFE.. *** BLK (Adrian Byrd)

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tis is all good and what a forum is all about, getting our thoughts and feeling out in the open where we can all agree is a good thing..like voting for officers in a club or voting for politicians..these are freedoms that we all should be happy we have..As far as myself is concerned I never had any bad feeling towards Joe except when it comes to excluding a member like chuck from the club..after all he is probably the first as he has been there with vipers from the beginning..as well as a help to all us viper owners ..This whole lee dodge thing vs Tators is stupid, the morechoices the better..And as far as get togethers I agree wiuth Dimitrios in that it just as much fun and enjoyable to d othings that just cost gas and a few bucks for *******!!!LOL

Happy Holidays for everyone...

adam

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What a joke!!!!

I open my mail the other day and I get a letter from Joe bashing Chuck Tator, and in my estimation, bordering on defamation of character. Let the members vote and whoever wins, wins. End of story. Even if I was going to vote for the existing regime that letter would have changed my mind. Will someone make a better president? Who knows. The one thing that I KNOW FOR SURE is that Chuck Tator is a good guy and is as fair and honest as the day is long. Anyone who would go to the extent that they did to try and convince people otherwise has to take some time and seriously consider the facts. How is it possible that Chuck has so many people fooled?????????? Maybe he spikes the burgers at his Barbeque with some mystical spices that has us all hynotized???? Chuck hosts the single most talked about, and attended event in the region if not the country! All of the others do not even come close. How could it be possible that he is not even listed on the regions site. I will not visit the site based solely on principle.

The good news is that the Viper community are not easily swayed. We are a bunch of intelligent people who do not blindly follow the ramblings of any one group. It is due to this quality that we have been fortunate enough to earn the opportunity to drive such a car.

Either way Chuck has helped me with my car on many occassions and I know from reading this board he has done the same for many others. He puts his interests last. I am grateful to have him as part of our region and I know that the majority of the people on this board would be thrilled beyond belief if he moved into their part of town. If I had the letter with me I would type it here for everyone to read, its a trainwreck! I was embarrassed for those behind the letter, it is a major dissappointment.

Peace, and Happy Holidays.

CTViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scott--Thanks for your responce. Main reason I asked I had a brief discussion with Adrian on Sunday and he told me your comment about your "not having the time to do this"! I agree with all of the posts on Chuck Tator being a Great Guy. He has gone out of his way to treat me fairly. He is only about 30 minutes from me and is the logical place to take my Vipers. I didn't want Scott to grovel for Votes. ;) I just wanted to hear peoples opinions. Joe has been great also. No complaints from me, he has always answered my emails and questions on events etc. Your always going to get differing opinions on types of events. I think there is room to do both types. I was at Sommerville that friday night, Dinner with the group was great. I stayed overnight at the marriott. Carlisle (2 days-Mopar Nationals) was fun also. I think both were not NY/CT Events. (NJ/PA?)Dimitrois there are only 12 members in NY/CT Chapter? You lost me on that? Isn't this election for Officers of that region. I'm glad Adrian-Charlie voiced their opinions. Charlie I'm voting for you. Why? Your a nice guy and i've never met shari! :D I guess Joe and Chuck's personal issues will persist. Let the process start, the group will choose their leader. Thanks for everyones comments!

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 46HEMI:

What did the letter say? Also, what about the Western NY group? I think NY should be divided into East and West. I know that not many of them can make it out to the events that are 6+ hours away.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 46HEMI:

What did the letter say? Also, what about the Western NY group? I think NY should be divided into East and West. I know that not many of them can make it out to the events that are 6+ hours away.

Dear members of the NY/CT Viper Club,

Over the next few days you should receive a voting ballot
for the position of President and Secretary.
By now you also received a letter from Chuck Tator of
Tator’s Dodge, who is acting solely as “the committee”
regarding our elections. Let me say that this club
will not be run as a dic-TATOR-ship! This dealership
is demanding all Viper business. Demanding that all
club members use his and only his shop exclusively.
We don’t think it is fair to the members.
It is the philosophy of the club to give
our members the freedom of choice to choose a Viper
repair shop that is convenient to you the member.

He has tried to manipulate the Executive Board into eliminating all his competition
by bad-mouthing the other Viper techs. The Executive Board voted unanimously to
fire Tator as the NY/CT Technical Director for behavior
unbecoming that of a Director.
We will continue to work with the Viper training Center to provide you with a list
of Certified Viper Techs in your area. Check our web site: www.NYCTVCA.org

About our club:
We had a terrific season!!
All our events are put together with a passion and excitement that I believe our
members deserve. I would like to continue this momentum as your President into next
year. This Executive board has done a great deal to make this club what it is today.
I will continue to raise the bar of quality for all our members. Now with the
elections at hand, we need the support of our membership to vote for this
Executive Board so we can continue with these great events, our in color,
16 page NY/CT newsletter POIZENUS PAGES which is paid for by our sponsors.
The club’s apparel for Spring, Summer and Fall, embroidered with our logo
raises money for the club. This took hundreds of hours of planning and preparation
but I did it and presented it all with pride to you the membership!
As a result, our membership is the highest it’s been in the history of our region,
rapidly approaching the 300 mark!

Club Highlights Of The 24 Events This Season:
Cruise to the Mt. Washington Hotel in New Hampshire
Cruise to Hawley, PA. to the Woodloch Pines Resort
Cruise to Hope, NJ to an Inn built in 1768
Cruise to the Finger Lakes Region in upstate NY
Track day and Autocross at Limerock Park in Ct.
Drag racing in the Viper/Vette shootout in Atco, NJ
Drag race and autocross at Englishtown, NJ
Bridge Hampton Exotic Car show
Viper/Ferrari luncheon at the winery in Long Island
A lavish Christmas party
And of course all the great lunches and dinners.

Our track record speaks for itself.

Please be a part of this very important election and support the people who
are deeply involved and care enough about this club to participate with you,
the members, at the events which we create!

LET’S KEEP THE MOMENTUM GOING!

I have some great ideas for the upcoming season!

VOTE:
Joe Oneto President
Adrian Byrd Vice President
Charlie Tedesco Secretary
Keith Bub Treasurer

Sincerely,
Joe Oneto, President ~ VCA
NY/CT Region

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I met Scott Grayson going up to Woodstock and we talked for a few minutes and this is his exact words on running for President. He said that he is only doing it for Chuck and really do not have the time for this and that my friend I have a problem with. For anyone who don't believe this I will meet them with Scott face to face and repeat what I just said.

Despite my desire to stay above what apparently has become a fray, I feel obligated to answer Adrian's post.

I don't recall the specifics of that conversation, however I will admit that this would not be the first time that I did not express myself correctly. Whether I misspoke or was misunderstood is really not relevant. The facts are that I cannot attend all the region's events due to my passion to spend much of my weekend time with my 5 year old daughter. Luckily, she's now at an age where she loves to take drives in the Viper and I hope to be able to attend more events with her. I never suggested that I didn't have the time to act as president of our region. Frankly, I would never accept a nomination if that were even remotely the case. I DO plan, however, to involve a much larger group of people in the planning and running of all our events which may leave me with more time spent managing people and their ideas and input, rather than an event itself.

As for Chuck Tator...well it seems that there is no love lost between the present region leadership and our Technical Director. THIS, in and of itself, is a serious club tragedy! Virtually every Viper owner in the North East (I dare say the country) owes some favor to Chuck. Personally, Chuck has made my Viper ownership a pleasure and I KNOW that many local members can (and often do) attest to the same. (Do a search on Chuck Tator on this board and you'll find hundreds of threads just thanking him for his honest, sincere and often profitless assistance) Despite Adrian's claim to the contrary, I am NOT running for office only for Chuck. I am, however, running for office with the intention of bringing Chuck back into the club! It is inconceivable to me that our region not include such a willing and able Viper "Wizard" (if you will ;) ) In fact, I am running for office to bring back all those frustrated non-participating members who have grown weary of the present club situation (much of which is just personal politics). Our club needs to be inclusive rather than exclusive for its members.

Hey 46HEMI:

BINGO! Here's a perfect example of our present exclusive nature. How can our region function adequately when 25% of our membership lives (and drives) 300 miles to the North West of NYC. There HAS to be a director set up to coordinate and run events in the upstate region. And that director needs the support of our region. We also need to run events that are more accessible to the rest of NY State and Connecticut. Rather than drive an hour and dine for 2 hours, many of us would rather drive for 2 hours and grab a burger. More time spent IN our cars would allow us to reach destinations where more members could be involved.

Anyway, I promised myself that I wouldn't lobby for votes publicly and I fear that I am falling into that trap. For the record, regardless of who gets elected, I will still offer my time and energy to better our region and make it more comfortable for more members to participate. Our club has far too many folks that want to play, but just don't feel comfortable enough (for many and various reasons) to get involved. That has to end.

As many have already posted, I'd be pleased to discuss any of this privately. There seems to already be far too much animosity in our club and the last thing I want this election to produce (regardless of the outcome) is any more!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala