Time for a vote on VIPER magazine

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Call me crabby too, but I'm not old. The VIPER mag should reflect vipers. I seem to think that putting the Magnum in the magazine is cheap advertisement for Dodge to sell cars. They can put some Magnum ads in, but save the articles for the vipers.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I thought the article on where to put you keys when you drive to the beach very helpful.

(NOT)

I do agree that it should be about Vipers not a DCX advertisement

B

Mike 01 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ME TOO! I want to see and hear Vipers not other models. Maybe a small section for "Whats New" but not a whole center spread on non Viper Cars. Just my .02 I guess I'm getting old and Grumpy too!

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I thought the article on where to put you keys when you drive to the beach very helpful.

(NOT)

I do agree that it should be about Vipers not a DCX advertisement

B

Ok, so I'm not crazy. I agree big time. I though this is like Cosmo for car guys. More Viper PICS and Viper ARTICLES please! (BTW if gum gets on your livingroom carpet, a little ice will harden it up and it will come right out. Stay tuned for more helpful hints.)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bruce is this vote going to change anything? Don't worry i'm not holding my breath.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That article on the retired DC exec's house in Leeland didn't do alot for us either. Better for Forbes or Life magazine.Good thing it's free. I can get more high performance info out of Hot Rod or Car Craft for $1/month

Ulysses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That article on the retired DC exec's house in Leeland didn't do alot for us either. Better for Forbes or Life magazine.Good thing it's free. I can get more high performance info out of Hot Rod or Car Craft for $1/month

To the magazine's credit, it was more an article of some hot shot exec's nice big garage with two cool Viper's in it, more than it was about his house. That is in keeping with their cool garage with a Viper in it line.

01sapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I say viper related stuff only. The magazine can be looked at as a "free" publication sent to you just because of your VCA membership, or as part of your VCA membership, in which case it wouldn't really be free but paid for by you (us).

When I seen the Magnum ad, I felt kinda like the kid in A Christmas Story when his decoder ring spelled out an Ovaltine advertisement.

Loved the Northern California Region group shot, very cool ! !

rcdice

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some of us PAID just for the subscription for several years before actually buying a Viper and becoming a VCA member so we could then, get it for "free". Now that they've got the timing issues worked out (we'll see) I'm mostly happy with it. However, my opinion:

* Viper only material, with limited exposure to other DC stuff
* More historical Viper info. The car is 12 years old now.
* More detailed mod articles and performance results
* More complete answers in the Tech Notes section. Not just "take it to your dealer" or "we don't recommend you mod the car"

The coverage of events and readers cars has picked up, which is good. As long as it is sponsored by DC, I'm afraid the other product ads/articles is here to stay.

OP
OP
G

GTS Bruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes tech notes by Herby are worthless also.Better to submit the questions to a volunteer board with people like DC,JonB etc on it.I mean real and pertinent questions.Not that key fob krap. Bruce

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
- Viper only stuff.
- Non-Viper stuff should only be ads, not articles.
- Since DC does not do mods, the magazine should cover details of member mods (turbo, supercharger, naturally aspirated, NOS) obviously of those who want to show them off.
- Tech notes should cater to DIY guys and not "contact_your_local_Viper_tech" girls. A disclaimer is sufficient.
- Get rid of that member region pages at the back that says what the New England region did 4 months ago. Duh?
- If there is no money to get this material, then switch from glossy format to a lighter paper quality. There's your money.

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with RCDICE aka Bob. More historical info and serious "real man" technical information. Don't mind the other performance DCX product details if it's technical data and development stories. Reprints of sales brochures need not apply.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I like the glossy, hype-effect the mag has on my brain. Intoxicating! heh heh...

Herb, here is a shot at ya, man, sorry...but....I've seen in print a guy ask you a question, and in your answer you ignored the guy's point. I couldn't beleive no one proof read that! (I'd have to dig through 'em to find it now)Anyway, we love ya just the same.

I'd like to see an in-depth technically oriented dissertation on the SRT "bog effect", and just how the closed loop control was mis-behaving, and exactly why, and how we fixed it. I like that kinda stuff, I'm weird that way. Or if DC doesn't wanna talk about it, how about some info on how the fuel management system works? I'm thinking about going with a Paxton, and would like to brush up on the Viper's engine management system before the s/c tuning begins.

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Magnum article??? Tech notes??? I pretended I did not see these pages.

There were several discussions about the magazine in the past. It looks we have no influence on this issue. I vote for a competing magazine to show up. A new MONTHLY magazine and a membership option to select one or the other would be a great solution.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any non Viper articles in the mag are probably filler that were written for publication in other model specific magazines.

I was a member for a year. I wasn't upset about the magazine being worthless but it was.
I got my money's worth from VCA and I have no complaints. I just don't see what you guys expect to find in a quarterly magazine that you can't find here on this site.

Forget about the magazine.

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper only, Also I agree with the need for more tech articles. The Gen 1's are getting up there in age & miles & with the prices as low as they are a whole new breed of Viper owner is now looking for info & they dont use the dealers. I know the same guys publish Mopar magazine, so thats a pretty cool format to follow. readers rides, tech tips, driving stuff, mods, how to's, the list is endless. Who needs the flash, give us the content. being a quaterly there should be plenty o time to do it right

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viper only, Also I agree with the need for more tech articles. The Gen 1's are getting up there in age & miles & with the prices as low as they are a whole new breed of Viper owner is now looking for info & they dont use the dealers. I know the same guys publish Mopar magazine, so thats a pretty cool format to follow. readers rides, tech tips, driving stuff, mods, how to's, the list is endless. Who needs the flash, give us the content. being a quaterly there should be plenty o time to do it right
Couldn't agree more.

-Lou

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
330+ reads....24 responses...............

I am amazed!!!

Not a single request for Vipers AND bodacious babes.

Me thinks we are getting to serious on this board.

B

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
330+ reads....24 responses...............

I am amazed!!!

Not a single request for Vipers AND bodacious babes.

Me thinks we are getting to serious on this board.

B

LOL!

I did like that recent article about the Paxton installation. Could have used a bit more on the tuning, but it was good to see it in there anyway.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so fast Wild Bill....

75% Viper related
15% any other Dodge related.
10% Pamela Anderson ****** implant updates.

You guys kill me. The magazine is fine! But I do think that since there are more male Viper owners than female, we should have the majority vote on content. Maybe we can play with the above %'s.

Andrew

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not so fast Wild Bill....

75% Viper related
15% any other Dodge related.
10% Pamela Anderson ****** implant updates.

You guys kill me. The magazine is fine! But I do think that since there are more male Viper owners than female, we should have the majority vote on content. Maybe we can play with the above %'s.

Andrew

How about these percentages:

50% Viper releated
5% any other Dodge related
45% hot chicks w/*********** related

Then we'll have a Viper version of Maxim...call it Vipim or Maxper...

RED97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I only read the Tech Notes as the COMIC section of the mag
trying to guess when Herby will say either we don't recommend that or take it to a qualified dealer for service.

How bout an article on the top vipertechs in the nation or the "Best" viper friendly dodge dealer in each state, (voted by viper owners) that way we might know where to go.

Is there any current ViperTech competition?

How about fielding some of the questions to the engineers. I'm sure they have some interresting answers.

How about listing questions for the readers to answer, and the best answer gets published and wins a t-shirt. I know I could have answered several better than what Herby put down on paper.

How about covering TSB's

How about following different mods with dyno results?
The article on installing a supercharger was a good start.
How about pimping that the next mag will follow the install of another supercharger "Sean Roe" with dyno results and so on.

How about doing things like following a tuner through stroking a motor.

How about doing some retro projects like putting adjustable pedals in a gen-1,or Putting ABS onto non ABS Vipers.

More pictures of Vipers with girls never hurt anyone.
Less Pictures of Vipers and babies.

Advertise any of the Chrysler line in the mag. I don't care

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4