Tinted headlight/taillight?

bullish

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Blk SRT10 and would like to have the lights blacked out. I have seen a few pic's of blk srt's with the lights tinted. I need to know what type of tint is used for this process or if there is any kit sold as a black out.

Thanks

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do it for you. It is not a tint, the lights are removed, sanded and painted. This is the best way to tint your lights. I have a shop in skokie and can probably do it in two days time.
I would however urge you not to do your headlights.. Its kind of like wearing sunglasses at night.

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would however urge you not to do your headlights.. Its kind of like wearing sunglasses at night.

The police kind of frown on it in these parts, along with dark tinted windows. They carry a tester that measures how muck light goes thru the tint.

Robbie

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack this thread, but if anyone is interested I can do your tails and third brakelight for $300. I plan on having a tinted set on hand that I can swap out for your originals.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Looks cool, but you may just be providing "Probable Cause." The NASTIEST cop I ever met followed me for 15 minutes, and stopped, chewed, and ticketed me for:

1) Tinted windows
2) Tinted lenses
3) No front plate (was in windshield)

I got a big 'fix-it' ticket! As it turned out, I sold the car out of state before the ticket was due.

AllBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sam, bullish - You can see pics on the thread "New Mods With Pics". The fronts are tinted with film, and the backs are painted.

Nico

zorroespanol

VCA Member - New England
VCA Member
Reaction score
I tried that once in another car... It is complete SUICIDE if you want to drive at night.

I also had my brother drive his car into a bunch of sawgrass at the everglades park (illegal racing) luckily he was ok. Reason: not being able to see at night!! not even high beams.

Taste is a different subject, but I personally do not care for it.

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have smoked film on the charger. Its kind of like sunglasses at night.

8372chargerfront_001_Medium_-med.jpg

Blue Batmobile

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm actually looking for a test car in San Diego to make Overlays for the 2003 and up :) . Click my Link below to see my work. Email me if you're inbterested ;) .

Bat™

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just saw a silver Charger SRT/8 the other day. DAMN! those things are Bad Asss looking.

2005 Silver SRT/10
2000 Steel Gray GTS (sold)

zen garage

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hardly ever drive this car but the film does reduce the light output drastically. As I said before its kind of like wearing sunglasses at night. Most of my night driving is in the city or highway that are lit well with streetlights. I probably would not recommend tinting your headlights if you drive rural roads at night.

The biggest problem with the tinted headlights is "THE MAN!" This car is screaming to be pulled over with the dark lights and the plate in the front window.

DSR207

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have it on mine and love the way they look( 1 year now), but it cuts headlights power by about 35%, not recomended for night driving(not legal in most states).
8881.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rot8te