Tire decision help please!

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking to put stock size tires on my ACR and not sure which to go with!

Please chime in:

The PS2
BFG
or
Kuhmos!

Sounds like the PS2 might be the best!

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Assuming normal street use, Kuhmos are good, PS2s are BEST!

Use the Search function and you will find that is the consensus on the board as well.

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've put 1,600 miles in about a year on the PS2s and I'm very happy with them. The grip is excellent.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are many threads on this already....have you tried the search function yet?

As for me, couldn't be happier with my BFG KDW2's.

Good luck with your decision. :2tu:

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please chime in:

The PS2
BFG
or
Kuhmos!

If you want a tire that HOOKS in your stock 335/30R18 and 275/35R18's, you may want to think about the Toyo 888R's. I run these on my C4 ZR1 in those sizes now granted the car only put 399 hp to the wheels but after taking off my PS's and putting on the 888R's the first time I launched it I dumped the clutch at 4000 rpm and the car almost stalled, I then dumped it at 6000rpm and it smoked the clutch! 5000rpm give it a really hard launch.

I'm running MT 345/35R18 drags now on my 873 rwhp viper and they dont hook very good at all (but better then the 345/30R19 Nitto NTo5R's did I had on my other wheels.) but the car is making 873 rwhp so thats kind of to be Expected.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Street? Drags? AutoX? TrackK? Replies can be more meaningful to YOU if you explain how and where you will drive, and how many miles per year.

If the decision is BUDGET OUTLAY ALONE: BFG

Street/Track/Combo/endurance: PS2

X+Track+Street: Toyos

Cost-per-mile matters? PS2

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Please chime in:

The PS2
BFG
or
Kuhmos!

PS2 - excellent choice
BFG - loud as a freight train
Kumho - good luck on getting them balanced

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you looked at the Michelin Runflats........ oh wait this is not 2004.

the new Super Sports may be the ticket.

Bruce

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS2s if money isn't the issue. Kumhos (Ecsta XS) if you're looking for best dry grip and great value.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you want a tire that HOOKS in your stock 335/30R18 and 275/35R18's, you may want to think about the Toyo 888R's. I run these on my C4 ZR1 in those sizes now granted the car only put 399 hp to the wheels but after taking off my PS's and putting on the 888R's the first time I launched it I dumped the clutch at 4000 rpm and the car almost stalled, I then dumped it at 6000rpm and it smoked the clutch! 5000rpm give it a really hard launch.

I'm running MT 345/35R18 drags now on my 873 rwhp viper and they dont hook very good at all (but better then the 345/30R19 Nitto NTo5R's did I had on my other wheels.) but the car is making 873 rwhp so thats kind of to be Expected.
u silly.........

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The PS2
BFG
or
Kuhmos!

I think that Kumho is not making an 18" street tire in a Viper rear wheel size , at least not readily available now. If someone knows otherwise, please speak up. I did like the V700.

Dale.Volz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike,

I like my Michelin PS-ZPs on the roadster (who wants a flat on a cruise or at the show), and I use Toyo R888s on the race Viper. I just wish they were made in the USA.

If you plan to track your car, I have some old, used R888s you can use if you have an extra set of rims. 335/30s and 305/35s

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
PS2 - excellent choice
BFG - loud as a freight train
Kumho - good luck on getting them balanced

He he...I always get a kick out these comments...as if anyone can really tell a significant difference when that V10 roar kicks in.... :drive:

And is loud a bad thing for a Viper anyway? Seriously?

Better cross those headers off my list then....:rolaugh:

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

azvipermike

Enthusiast
Reaction score
18'' for GTS 2001 Viper!
Use will be occasional track visit and weekend cruises! No rain use at all and just want a good life and tire that has good control of the road!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think that Kumho is not making an 18" street tire in a Viper rear wheel size , at least not readily available now. If someone knows otherwise, please speak up. I did like the V700.

You're right, they're now de-listed.

PS2s, if money is an issue save until you can afford them.

You're wrong.

daytonprowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He he...I always get a kick out these comments...as if anyone can really tell a significant difference when that V10 roar kicks in.... :drive:

And is loud a bad thing for a Viper anyway? Seriously?

Better cross those headers off my list then....:rolaugh:

Yes, loud tires are a bad thing in a closed car. I would rather listen to the engine than the tires. :D

My Viper has PS2s. Shelby Mustang has BFGs, and yes they are loud as a freight train. Had a set of Kumhos for my Shelby Dodge from Tire Rack and they took them back because they would not balance. Michelin. Period.

ZYellow01RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, loud tires are a bad thing in a closed car. I would rather listen to the engine than the tires. :D

My Viper has PS2s. Shelby Mustang has BFGs, and yes they are loud as a freight train. Had a set of Kumhos for my Shelby Dodge from Tire Rack and they took them back because they would not balance. Michelin. Period.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've had both (PS2's and BFG's) and honestly couldn't tell a difference.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4