Tire gone (*** holes) errrr!!

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hit a pothole last night and I heard a loud sound from my right rim. I first thought it was a rock or something like that. But when I stopped home the tire was almost flat. I put air in it and it seems fine gonna check again in the morning. I have 13000 miles on my car can I just change one tire with a new one or will that cause stability problems?? thanx

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yet another legacy of Tip O'Neil, and numerous other northeastern mass transit lovers who successfully plowed road user fees into tunnels and subways.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Venumish:
...I have 13000 miles on my car can I just change one tire with a new one or will that cause stability problems?? thanx
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

If you have one NEW tire w/ full tread on one side, and one 50% used tire on the opposite side, the NEW SIDE is a few 32nd os an inch, maybe 5-7/32 (about 1/4 inch) TALLER than the other side

It would not matter on your pickup truck, or your fathers old-mobile, but on a Viper it can matter. On a racecar it is called STAGGER and

It brakes differently
It corners differently
It rolls farther (about .6 inches) each revolution than the old tire.

If you drive like a duffer, it wont matter. If you drive at the limits, it could............

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GO to the county courthouse. It's the state or countys' job to upkeep the roads so they do not damage cars. Take a picture of the rim, of the pothole, etc.. Talk to someone there and they will point you in the right direction...

If you do put it on your insurance, make sure they won't drop you or double your rates for a simple small claim...

Good Luck

Gerald

OP
OP
V

Viperoctane

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am gonna take the wheel off today to inspect any damage, if no damage i am just gonna order two new rear tires. If there is I am gonna try insurance heheeh. Thanx guys
smile.gif