Tire Inflation

Skip White

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you decide to run the factory tire pressure, then plan on slipping all over the road. I've been there, I am on my sith Viper and have logged in over 60-k miles on them. The traction is terrible and a bit dangerous at that pressure. The Viper does seem to drive a little better at that pressure and you will be aware of every bump in the road. I have been running 22 cold and as tires warm up to 24 or 25 the traction is great, and I have not noticed great tire wear at all. I'm sure the tires will wear a little faster, but not much. The safety factor is greater I think if you're not slipping all over the road when going thru a couple of gears. I think 29 cold pressure setting especially during the cold season, (tires are a bit hard when cold) is insane if you do a little bit of spirited driving. I have even noticed what seems to be a little bit of center tread wear back in my, go by the factory setting's I think the front at 25 might be ok. It doe's seem to track a bit better. I will be going to nitrogen to fill me tires soon. Maybe it will help with that warm up pressure rise that causes me to have to start out at 22. I can't even come close to running my dad when me tire pressure rises to 27 warm, but I hang right in there when the are below that. I found that amazing how just a few pounds made such a huge difference.

Skip White ps; Tires are $153.00 plus freight at Tire Rack, for you're car. At that price, so what if they wear a little faster.

NJVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the proper tire inflation (psi) for a 2001 GTS tires, namely
335/30ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport OE
AND
275/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport OE

Is there a difference for inflation psi in warm weather versus cold weather?

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by NJVIPER:
What is the proper tire inflation (psi) for a 2001 GTS tires, namely
335/30ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport OE
AND
275/35ZR-18 Michelin Pilot Sport OE

29 psig all four corners.

Is there a difference for inflation psi in warm weather versus cold weather?

No, but assumming no permeation leakage through the wheel, tire, valve, etc., you will need to add air when the temperature drops (winter), and bleed-off air when the temperature rises (summer). Still, 29 psig is 29 psig.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

A number of owners have experiemented with different pressures for street operation. Check the archives for more details.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run my back at 28PSI and found it great for road racing. When I go with stock PSI the car is all over the road.

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skipwhite:

Tires are $153.00 plus freight at Tire Rack, for you're car. At that price, so what if they wear a little faster. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Skip...Give us the "secret code" to get our Pilots for $153 plus freight...The 335's currently list for $187 and the 275's for $177...still a great deal...however...

Do you have super secret sensitive connection...wassup?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96