Tire opinion

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your type of use, they sound like a great choice. Badass tread pattern and very inexpensive. You Gen II guys have it good with cheaper tire prices and more options. I thought about the Kumhos for my Gen III, but the price difference between PS2's and Kumhos when you get to the Gen III sizes is isn't near as big.
I ended up giving the Invos a try. They felt a little different than the PS2's I took off at first, but they feel great now. I can say that they do hook in a straight line better than the PS2's. I can be rolling at 3k or so in first, plant the throttle, grab second real quick, and there is VERY little wheel spin. I COULD NOT do that with my PS2's. Granted the PS2's were about 3.5 years old, but still.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For your type of use, they sound like a great choice. Badass tread pattern and very inexpensive. You Gen II guys have it good with cheaper tire prices and more options. I thought about the Kumhos for my Gen III, but the price difference between PS2's and Kumhos when you get to the Gen III sizes is isn't near as big.
I ended up giving the Invos a try. They felt a little different than the PS2's I took off at first, but they feel great now. I can say that they do hook in a straight line better than the PS2's. I can be rolling at 3k or so in first, plant the throttle, grab second real quick, and there is VERY little wheel spin. I COULD NOT do that with my PS2's. Granted the PS2's were about 3.5 years old, but still.

Nothing stopping you from putting on 18" wheels, anything above 17 is for bling factor anyways and 18 will clear your brakes. Besides that Gen 2 tires are no smaller than 3, 4 or 1 for that mater.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't the Gen I and II run 335 rears? I have thought about 18's for some drag radials, but you have to move the e-brake caliper. Not a big deal, but since they have 19" dr's now, if I buy a spare set of rear wheels, I'll get the 6 spokes so the wheels match whether I have the dr or regular street tire on there. Makes it a little more of sleeper (if you can call a Viper a sleeper!).

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The rims are the exact same size far as width goes from gen 1 to gen 4, only thing that kept changing was the bling factor for all the people that enjoy 80lb of rotating mass instead of real wheels and tires.