Tire Pressure Pilot Super Sports

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got a new set of Pilot Super Sports on 19's. I was wondering what pressure those of you that have them are running. 29 has always been magic, but the shop that installed them recommended more. I don't track the car, so I am interested in a street setup.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have your specific answer, but I remember the first time I bought tires for my GTS at Discount Tire it had a generic number printed out on the ticket of like 39 psi. Did they put that in there? Yup. I later corrected to the value on the door panel of 29 psi after discovering that 39 drives like a dump truck. I would stick with 29 until someone more tire educated chimes in, but that story may explain why if it is a common tire store, that they advised a higher pressure.

fuelman

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I just put them on my ACR, they are possibly better than the sport cups, as they track better on the road and the track, no jumping around with surface changes. Car stuck like clue on the Charlotte motor speedway and that was at 29 psi.

OP
OP
S

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
29 it is. I got mine at Discount Tire , and they put the higher pressure in them and they felt like the proverbial "dump truck." These are some sticky tires. They really hook. Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960