Tire Pressure

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I recently put a plus one package on my Viper. Since I went with the Pirelli's which are non -run flats, I was wondering what is the proper inflation with the new Pirellis? I know the Viper lists 29 psi for the runflats but I know that is rather low for non -run flat tires. I was thinking 34 psi to 36 psi.

The fronts are 275/30/19 and the rear are 345/25/20.

What do you think?

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Luke

First off thank you for the great service you and the Parts Rsck have provided me with.

You just shipped me a set of OEM size Michilin NON RUN FLATS for my 2003 SRT-10 Viper that are going on a new set of Copperhead ( Sidewinder )wheels from Parts Rack. These are 34 lbs lighter than the stock OEM wheel. On a stock suspension what would you set the pressures at front and rear cold? Also what pressure are you looking for once the tires have come up to temperture?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
btw according to the difference in the shipping weights of the wheels i found that the SRT-sidewinder wheels are only 30 lbs lighter for the set than the stock 10 spokes(still a significant difference).

9lbs lighter per wheel front

6lbs lighter per wheel rear

you will save even more as the non-runflats are lighter than the ZP tires

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke, Would you be kind enough to answer my question above?
Thanks,
Robbie

After speaking with you at length about your use of the car I would go with 33 front and 29 rear cold

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you Luke. I was trying to have you respond to my question so that the others could here it from the expert. Again thanks. Above you say to run 33PSI FRONT & 29 PSI REAR but in the email you sent me you had stated that I should use 36 PSI FRONT & 33 PSI REAR. I am a little confused as to why the lower pressure. Seeing theses tires are not cheap I am concerned about tire wear, thats all. Yes the Sidewinder wheels are quite a bit lighter, you can feel the difference when you pick them up.

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the E-mail response was based on my perception of your use of the tires but, after speaking at length with you about the cars use 33/29 is more appropriate for your driving

Hiss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Luke - Just purchased 2006 hard top. Has michelin run flat Pilot Sports. Front is 275 35 18 ,Rear is 345 30 19. So for these tires the pressure you reco. would be the same as mentioned above? Front 34 and rear 30.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Humor me - why would I want to run 34 psi on the street with stock 2005 runflats? As everyone knows, 29 is recommended and I run 30. So, what advantages/disadvantages with 34 on the street? Or is this like the many exhaust threads??? You know what they say about opinions (LOL)!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang