Tires at Costco

pigcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed Costco now sells PS2 tires and include installation...has anyone used Costco for their Viper tires? I bet the guys installing tires all day would be excited to see a Viper pull up :)

Mccarlin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'd be really surprised if they had the equipment and actually could mount tires on a viper. I know a LOT of tire places cant mount on a 13" wide rim.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
id buy them there maybe but id NEVER let them install anything on my car or any of my cars for that matter

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe it's my Costco, but my experience with them is very favorable. It's the only place I would trust to do a tire change on anything I own except the Viper. They actually torque the wheels twice with a chock that keeps the weight off the rims for final torque up. Two separate individuals check the torque of each wheel. No other tire shop I have ever used was as careful. As far as the Viper is concerned, no one touches that car. Some Costco facillities have the necessary equipment to properly mount the Viper tires, mine did not. Pricing is not as good as Tire Rack, but mounting costs are very cheap and they use Nitrogen and have an excellent warranty policy. It's also nice to go to a facillity where they actually speak English! Two thumbs up.

RAYSIR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, I checked COSTCO, too. They can be ordered but even with shipping to Alaska they were $50.00 more per tire than VCA sponsors.

Freddog11

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my tires, PS2s, at Costco. They were able to mount them with no problem and did a great job. It took quite a while, only because they really took their time, were real careful (with me watching closely and insisting that only I move the car). It's funny, when I ordered the tires they told me it would take a day to get them. They called me the next and when I went in, all the guys working there were waiting to see what those monsters would be mounted on. They all wanted to do the work but the supervisor did it himself. Their warranty is great. I got a nail in the middle of the tread a couple weeks later, maybe 500 miles, took it in to get it repaired and they insisted that they would not repair a tire like that, only replace it. New tire=Free! I've always been a fan of Costco's customer service. I took a leather couch back after 5 months just because I didn't like it, kind of uncomfortable. They refunded the full price, no questions asked. :2tu:

OP
OP
P

pigcorn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah as far as price goes, the Costco price is higher but includes shipping, mounting, lifetime rotation and balance as well as the wheel protection, so even though you can find them quite cheaper then what they charge which is $1494 + tax it does include all of those services above.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought my tires, PS2s, at Costco. They were able to mount them with no problem and did a great job. It took quite a while, only because they really took their time, were real careful (with me watching closely and insisting that only I move the car). It's funny, when I ordered the tires they told me it would take a day to get them. They called me the next and when I went in, all the guys working there were waiting to see what those monsters would be mounted on. They all wanted to do the work but the supervisor did it himself. Their warranty is great. I got a nail in the middle of the tread a couple weeks later, maybe 500 miles, took it in to get it repaired and they insisted that they would not repair a tire like that, only replace it. New tire=Free! I've always been a fan of Costco's customer service. I took a leather couch back after 5 months just because I didn't like it, kind of uncomfortable. They refunded the full price, no questions asked. :2tu:

I love Costco also nail in tire in my 530i = new tire

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks for the honorable mention Plum.

PartsRack is usually so competitive that we are priced $40-$50 / set BELOW the great prices offered by TireRack! And we dont charge tax. And shipping is only $11-$16 / tire US48.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the honorable mention Plum.

PartsRack is usually so competitive that we are priced $40-$50 / set BELOW the great prices offered by TireRack! And we dont charge tax. And shipping is only $11-$16 / tire US48.
I know where I will be getting my tires. :2tu: Do you carry other car tires also or just Viper tires?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pricing is very important to me as well, I purchased my last tire set from JonB, but the real issue for me is where to get them installed. I searched for two weeks to find a place with a Hunter Roadforce balancing system. I reinforced the cost of these rims over and over and they said no problem. They promptly scratched the back side of two rims as they were mounting the tires on the machine. I've never had an issue with any other car before, but you try to do all your homework and find the most reliable shop and they screw up. It seems any job out of my hands, which is almost none, gets done wrong.

rmani

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have your tires mounted at costco if you don't want your wheels wrecked. Most of the guys working in the shop there are less than model employees.

Danno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Had mine installed at Costco and they did a great job. They asked me to drive the car in and out of the bay and the manager told me he would be mounting the tires. (which he did) I did not have to ask . Plus I have had my 1997 GTS wheels polished (no clear coat) and they did not put a scratch on them.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't have your tires mounted at costco if you don't want your wheels wrecked. Most of the guys working in the shop there are less than model employees.

If that ever happened to me on any service of any type at any place, I would report my car as having been vandalized.

Giving the manager an opportunity to see if he has anything to say first...

rory97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For what you get at costco, the price is unbeatable. The convenience alone makes it worth it (and you won't find a more frugal $20/hr viper owner).

Also if they don't have a $60 rebate, just wait a month or two and they will.

I took my wheels in loose because it's just silly to put the car at unnessesary risk, but they had no problem mounting the tires. In my experience, just about anybody who works with cars has a lot of respect for Vipers, and hence treats them with the extra care they deserve.

red98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I also inquired about tires at my local Costco, just to see what they would say.
I was not going to buy them there. I have had two not-so-good experiences with them (tire shop only....I LOVE the other part of Costco!). The prices were quite a bit higher than TireRack even if you included the shipping. And when I told them the tires were meant for a Dodge Viper, ALL the "technicians" (and I use that term very loosely) gasped and said, "Oh NO!....we can't do THOSE!!". So, there you go. It depends greatly on the people who are IN the shop. By the way, the last set of tires they put on my friends car, they put the wheel weights on at a 45 degree angle on the rim (I know, unbelievable), left off the valve stem caps on two wheels, put one directional tire on backwards and had to switch it after I noticed it (DUH), and left a trail of GREASE from the windshield to the door pillar, including the steering wheel, the seat, the floor, the door panel, and every other conceivable place you could possible gunk up. I couldn't believe it. Shocked that my favorite store, a Costco, would have this kind of thing going on. Oh, don't worry....I took care of it! But......never again. Nitrogen or no nitrogen in the tires.
I can do without it. I know.....I know....the warranty,etc. and everything else. But
I'm done with them. :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96