Title on 08

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iv'e been looking for an 06 or 08 coupe. I found an 08 with a price that sounded low. I contacted the dealer and he replied the car was "Low fresh water flood vehicle"with just damage to the interior. So I immediately put on my running shoes. I decided to contact the dealer and ask if the vehicle had a Salvage Title. His reply was it has a "Rebuilt title" not a Salvage title. What is the difference between Rebuilt and Salvage title. Shall I keep running from this vehicle?

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt matter what the sayn is-- the value will allways **** and people will run unless it is a super duper very cheap price. (period)

rudedawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me the Vin I'll run a Auto Fax for you and I'll run it thru Chrysler Dealer Connect and I'll let you know for sure what it has and whats been done to it.

gb66gth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Run like your hair is on fire!:panic:
Don't you want to buy a car to enjoy, instead of always worrying about when "the big one" is coming.
"Low fresh water" is the same as flooded. Even if they completely changed the interior, your still have all that wiring and water soaked into the sound deadening material.

OP
OP
R

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me the Vin I'll run a Auto Fax for you and I'll run it thru Chrysler Dealer Connect and I'll let you know for sure what it has and whats been done to it.[/quote]

Rudedawg....You have a PM. Thanks, Ken

CarGo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send me the Vin I'll run a Auto Fax for you and I'll run it thru Chrysler Dealer Connect and I'll let you know for sure what it has and whats been done to it.

Rudedawg....You have a PM. Thanks, Ken[/QUOTE]

Gents:
I ran that vin through my Autocheck a couple days ago and it came out clean with a 94 score, no indication of ANYTHING wrong. Then I called the dealer and he sounded a little tired when he told me it was a flood car, like he was tired of prospective buyers hanging up on him. So much for the Autocheck peace of mind assurance. Maybe the Chrysler Dealer Connect will yield usefull info..:eater:

Tabs1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With prices on used Vipers so low, why bother with a Flood vehicle unless it is stupid cheap.

In NJ you will end up with a branded F title after you get the car inspected and it is shown to be up to spec. Dealers wont take it on trade and private people tend to walk unless it will be a track car. They end up about 25 % cheaper at sale when you can get rid of it. Also no warranty. Just remember these engines are verey expensive.

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I drive a flood car everyday. But they can very. How cheap is cheap? Was all the fluids changed? rear end, trans, and oil. Do they have proof that it was that low of water? Look at the headlights and see if there is any sign of water or sand. They can be just fine depending. Have it inspected and if it passes and it is a good deal why not save some money to spend on mods:)

OP
OP
R

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Let's just put it this way .................your warranty is going to be watered down a little, as in ................................non-existent!!

Huuumm..According to what I am being told, Chrysler Dealer Connect say car still has warranty until 2011. No reports of anything on damage or flood.

bluesrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Huuumm..According to what I am being told, Chrysler Dealer Connect say car still has warranty until 2011. No reports of anything on damage or flood.

well it seems you really want it,go get it and learn the hardway,thats the best schoolin:)

OP
OP
R

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well it seems you really want it,go get it and learn the hardway,thats the best schoolin:)

Nope I really Don't want it. In the initial post all I asked was what was the difference between a Salvage title and a Rebuilt Title. If you look back at the posts it "EVOLVED" from there. People offered help to check the vehicle out. Then things didn't add up. You might want to read this post again....because you missed something!!! The meaning of why it started.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960