To many leaks

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 04 SRT is a great car but, I find that hoses are a bit substandard. I have had to replace the trans cooler line, the AC line twice, and now the power steering is leaking, I also have a pan gasket leaking. Small but, still a leak. I would have thought that the hoses would be a better quality. That many failures seems a bit excessive. Now the fan pump is failing. Makes you wonder about the quality control of chrylsers sub contractors. Power steering also will need replacing. :dunno:

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my power steering and both window regulaters/clutch replaced this year..About 7k at the stealership...Luckily I still have max care warranty.So only $100 out of my pocket..
I guess the thing is that our cars are 8 and 7 model years old respectively and you and I beat on them pretty good in 1/4 mile performance ect...

not that thgat should matter but 7-8 years old isnt a spring chicken even more despite the low miles and how the cars interior/exterior looks brand new...

Could just be coincidence but I dont remember anything breaking on my gen2 except the clutch

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What kind of mileage is on your car? I've noticed between here and the Vette forums that the cars that sit, tend to leak

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Sounds like bad luck. 45 K miles on 04, no hose issues.

Did loose the hydraulic cooling fan a couple of years ago ..... and too many diffs.

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my power steering and both window regulaters/clutch replaced this year..About 7k at the stealership...Luckily I still have max care warranty.So only $100 out of my pocket..
I guess the thing is that our cars are 8 and 7 model years old respectively and you and I beat on them pretty good in 1/4 mile performance ect...

not that thgat should matter but 7-8 years old isnt a spring chicken even more despite the low miles and how the cars interior/exterior looks brand new...

Could just be coincidence but I dont remember anything breaking on my gen2 except the clutch

Twister, $7K just for that stuff... OMG... :omg: Now all you guys are making me think I should have bought the extended warranty when I bought my 03 a few weeks ago. :dunno: Other people having problems? I think I can still buy it. Crap... Did GM build your car behind your back when you weren't looking????????

Twister

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude the widow regulaters ect I was told was 4K alone for both sides plus install yada yada yada...Crazy....

georgethedog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dude the widow regulaters ect I was told was 4K alone for both sides plus install yada yada yada...Crazy....

Man, that is crazy. I am glad you had your warranty! :) If I did not I would be finding used ones from a wreck or something and installing them myself.

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fan pump is leaking and the bearing is shot. When the fan kicks on the whole care vibrates. Jeep part? same setup.....

supraking85

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow 4k for two window regs,
my car (about as far from a viper as you can get) is 11 year old and ive just had to replace one at about $70 :p

Mamba52

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My fan pump is leaking and the bearing is shot. When the fan kicks on the whole care vibrates. Jeep part? same setup.....

Just replaced mine about 1 month ago. Same thing happened the the power steering line blew. This part is a quick connect. Good luck finding a fan and power steering line. You should contact Jon B as he has take out fans available as you fan is about to fail.:(

OP
OP
C

Canyon707

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the fan did fail but the good thing it's under my extended warranty so it's on chrysler, I wonder why it was not an electric fan?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery