To Quiet

viper067

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is an awfully quiet group ... everyone putting their snakes into hibernation for the winter?

any thoughts on the use of tire cradles or flatstoppers?

For me, I'm just waiting for mine to come back from the body shop, should have it in time to stow it for the winter

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Had my snakes put away since the 4th of Oct. I put carpeting under my tres to prevent flat spots.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple layers of carpet go under each tire. I haven't done it yet and probably won't until the first official "salting". I like the seasons, but winter is too long here. :(

Chrissss

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Am hoping for one more drive in her but if the weather here is any indication, I doubt that I will. I think she may be put away for the winter. I've never worried about flat spots on the tires. If they occur, they go away in about ten minutes of driving it seems.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has been way too quiet, I have been meaning to post some pictures from the last few events and get a newsletter out to everyone. I have been working on a makeover to the PA/WV Region web site (web designer doesn't know it yet), and hopefully will be ready soon. I have also been working with some vendors on things for members to buy, banners, blankets, cargo covers, fall and winter clothing etc. I just aquired a blanket with the Viper logo laser etched into the material (I think it is very cool). I spend time in the winter "Viper" decorating my garage and basement, so I will post up items that I think others might be interested in.
I also use carpet under the tires as well, but I do it all year round because the tires stain my tiles when they are hot. I just double up on them for the winter. Another thing I do is hang the cable to my battery tender where I can see it so I don't have another dumb-a$$ attack like I had last year and back out of the garage with it still attached:omg:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I"m still driving....oh ya only legal once i get my B/W inspected.

Bolt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Bob, that sounds awesome, have you had it out yet

Pulled it out to the driveway yesterday and washed it off. Tonight it's going back on the lift to put a fresh air system on from DC Performance.

Bummber is that the hood and front bumper has to come back off. I just put that on a week ago.

I'll have this ready for next year.

Stop by sometime and hear this thing. Actualy I impressed Ed last week. That is saying something.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Re: Too Quiet

If you SEARCH: Winter Storage or Flat Spots you will get dozens of pages.

1) Over-inflate to Sidewall MAX + 10 PSI.
2) Masking-Tape Reminder on Steering Wheel
3) Park on carpet-remnant squares. The thicker the better. or 2 per tire.
4) Alternative: If you have a Feed-Store in your area buy "Stall Mat" and cut in squares.

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love it! Sounds much better than the old clip. The lumpy sound is the ticket...potato...potato...potato...potato...sweet music! :2tu:

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pulled it out to the driveway yesterday and washed it off. Tonight it's going back on the lift to put a fresh air system on from DC Performance.

Bummber is that the hood and front bumper has to come back off. I just put that on a week ago.

I'll have this ready for next year.

Stop by sometime and hear this thing. Actualy I impressed Ed last week. That is saying something.

Definitely Sounded Killer:2tu: It is one of the best sounding Vipers I have ever heard. Can't hear the sound clips at work, they filtered out your image hosting site:dunno: I hope you got some sound of it reving, it kind of scares me! Can't wait to get a ride in:headbang: