To use TPMS sensors or not

Jonne

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I'm getting new Nitto Invo tires for my 18/19 HRE wheels. Does it make any sense to swap the TPMS sensors from the runflats or just leave them out since the Nitto's are not runflats. I know I will get the "lowtire" text without the sensors, but do I get the constant "bling,bling" sound too? What you guys usually do?

Thanks
:usa:

Last edited:

Luke@tirerack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say if possible use the sensors because if you have a problem it will allow you more time to bring the car to a stop which in turn could save a wheel from being damaged

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I'm getting new Nitto Invo tires for my 18/19 HRE wheels. Does it make any sense to swap the TPMS sensors from the runflats or just leave them out since the Nitto's are not runflats. I know I will get the "lowtire" text without the sensors, but do I get the constant "bling,bling" sound too? What you guys usually do?
Thanks
:usa:

The chime dings ONCE......and LO TIRE indicates at the ODOMETER.

But as Luke says: You will KICK YOURSELF when a tire goes low, and you either LOSE CONTROL in a corner, or DAMAGE AN EXPENSIVE WHEEL with a flat.

MOVE THE SENSORS.... (Or get new ones programmed) HINT: they wont fit most HRE outers, gotta get inner brackets.

LATE EDIT: IF YOU DONT HAVE SENSORS, CHECK YOUR PRESSURES ON EVERY TANK OF GAS....or get those (leaky) Red/Green Indicator stems to alert you. Low Tire = Bad News.

Last edited:

ViperGeorge

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My .02 is that the darn things are a pain in the a$$. I've had to have mine serviced too many times to count. Hate the things. If the tires are low I'll know it but then again I check often.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My .02 is that the darn things are a pain in the a$$. I've had to have mine serviced too many times to count. Hate the things. If the tires are low I'll know it but then again I check often.
Evey time I think TPMS has gotten better, I hear another story like this. I've never had a problem with one, but I know plenty of people who have. In any case, while I think the thing is useful as a backup warning system, I don't think it's a substitute for checking tire pressures regularly and often (no matter what kind of tire you're running). Even a very good tire pressure gauge is a modest investment, and so is the brief amount of time it takes to use it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tombala