Tonneau Covers for 08 Convertibles . . .

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I received my 2008 convertible in February. The car did not come with the convertible tonneau cover. My dealer informed me that Chysler would be sending the covers directly to customers in the mail. My dealer has been informed that Chysler has not yet made the covers and there is no definite production date in sight.

Question, can anyone confirm this information? Next, I will calling Chrysler directly to expedite this but in case I am unsuccesful, does anyone know if the tonneau covers for the 2004-2006 models will fit the 2008s?

Thanks for your help.

/Rich

MikeR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I havent sen a 08 up close yet, but I thought all they changed cosmetically was the hood. If thats the case, I dont see why a 03-06 tonneau wouldnt fit.

caj98GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are talking about the "boot" that covers the top fabric while the top is down, mine was in my trunk when I took delivery in February.

VIPERDOC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My boot was in the trunk of the carm but my car cover that was part of the 'protection package' was backordered until june

my dealer recieved an email a few days after delivery that stated that due to supply issues the car cover would not be shipped until june

OP
OP
R

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are talking about the "boot" that covers the top fabric while the top is down, mine was in my trunk when I took delivery in February.

Yes, that is the part that I am referencing. Interesting that more than one owner actually had it shipped with the car.

/Rich

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not so fast. Owners of cars that didn't come with them received them via DHL a few weeks later. Actually received two after I purchased my '04.