Too nice out to keep covered

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My 06 coupe has been up on the lift and under the cover plugged into the battery tender for just one month and I'm ready to take her out to get the fluids moving and enjoy the 55° day.

Anyone else taking their snakes out this weekend in the north east?

Lespauldude

Viper Owner
Reaction score
They are calling for a high of @45 here on Long Island today. Just might have to unhook the snake from the tender and do the same!

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine have been covered and hibernating since November. :( Thats o.k. I usually start them up in March. Getting close.....

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hourly forecast is calling for 41F most of the day today here in Ohio...... Very tempting. If nothing else I am backing the car out of the garage just so I can hear the car come to life.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just got in from a 50 mile drive in the 03 after C&C this morning. It's absolutely gorgeous out today. Roads still a little grimey here and there from last week's storm, but she'll clean up OK. I've really only misses two weekends all winter not getting her out (due to weather).

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got in from a 50 mile drive in the 03 after C&C this morning. It's absolutely gorgeous out today. Roads still a little grimey here and there from last week's storm, but she'll clean up OK. I've really only misses two weekends all winter not getting her out (due to weather).

Guess I should have gotten it out this morning!

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Carlo, see mu post above. You're near me, do it! By the way, the DVMA is meeting tomorrow at 12 noon a the Big Cheese in Glen Mills on 202. As long as the weather holds out, I'll be bring the Superbee, and MoparSteve will probably be ther in his Viper. Come on out, we would like to meet you.

351carlo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carlo, see mu post above. You're near me, do it! By the way, the DVMA is meeting tomorrow at 12 noon a the Big Cheese in Glen Mills on 202. As long as the weather holds out, I'll be bring the Superbee, and MoparSteve will probably be ther in his Viper. Come on out, we would like to meet you.

Sounds like a plan. I'll be there so long as the white stuff holds out.

I've gotten to meet Steve already, just not out early enough on Saturday's to meet you guys at the C&C.

NI-KA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D$#%^$&, Went yo start the car and it is dead. New battery installed a 1 1/2 months ago. Never had this problem.

The cars a GEN II. Should I jack it up and take the wheel off to get to the battery and charge it or is there an alternate location that will work?

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
D$#%^$&, Went yo start the car and it is dead. New battery installed a 1 1/2 months ago. Never had this problem.

The cars a GEN II. Should I jack it up and take the wheel off to get to the battery and charge it or is there an alternate location that will work?

Do you have a battery tender on it? If not this is a must have. Viper will drain a battery completely dead in no time

wikkid

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dropped my car off at Roanoke Dodge this morning to have it checked out. 130 miles, we have not even had a winter here in Chicago. I probably should of never said that, but its true.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sounds like a plan. I'll be there so long as the white stuff holds out.

I've gotten to meet Steve already, just not out early enough on Saturday's to meet you guys at the C&C.

swexlin/carlo,
do you guys use sinders/ash or something on your roads? We use salt in Ohio! I need to wait until we get 3 good rains in the spring to know the roads are washed off.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the Stabil in the gas a couple months ago but I wound up doing a quick run yesterday myself.

swexlin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
swexlin/carlo,
do you guys use sinders/ash or something on your roads? We use salt in Ohio! I need to wait until we get 3 good rains in the spring to know the roads are washed off.

Actually, PA is the salt capitol of the world! The roads can be white with it. But, we have had a couple rains this week, and most of it is gone. There were a few spots here and there, but the detail spray took care of most of it.

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bob, here's a thought... you think we can get our hands on a few of those wrenches the fire dept. uses to crack open the fire hydrants? :rolleyes: hmmm

Excellent idea! Except this winter we have had only one decent snow storm (the Halloween storm that dropped trees everywhere). I'm afraid the water table is pretty close to bottoming out.

But maybe we can open the hydrants on the scenic, winding roads.:)

OP
OP
J

JPUConn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thats the one step I left out last month so I added stabil today to my full tank before a 5 mile burst around town today to circulate the gas and get fluids temps up and moving.

I put the Stabil in the gas a couple months ago but I wound up doing a quick run yesterday myself.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang