TOP SPEED

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
172 on the GPS on my CBR1000RR (crotch rocket). Haven't gotten more than 135 in my Gen II (indicated) at this point, but will take care of that soon. The bike had a LOT more left, but the balls shrunk up!:rolaugh:

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
2 lane road. Son on board. Rural location. Helmets on? Neck support? No matter how good a driver you may be, equipment can fail. Take it to a track and use proper safety equipment. Most of us do.

345s-bspinnin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why does your tach dance around so much?

At the 0:15 sec mark in my previously posted video, my speed/rpm needles were dancing around at the top of 4th gear because I was spinning the tires. Yes, I spun the tires at 150mph. The airport venue for the Texas Mile is horrible. There is a series of rolling bumps and transition changes between the 1/4 and 1/2 mile marks. Those bumps combined with my stiff suspension (500#F/800#R) were causing the rear to get a little light, and thus spinning a bit during WOT. Despite the rally style track, the car stayed true and surprisingly composed until I let off after the 1 mile mark.

It took 3-4 runs before I built the courage to actually stay in it through those bumps. After the event was over, I drove the track (landing strip) on my SUV, and could see numerous rubber marks laid down in that area. Some of those were in excess of 300ft long!!!! If I was having trouble with my measly 600+whp, then those boys with 1500+whp cars must have been wearing some very big cojones that day.

Check out my wheel travel in the video below. The side shot showing the wheel travel start about the 1:00 minute mark.

http://youtu.be/0fsIRiScANQ

MoparBoyy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
183mph on my old Ducati 996

i've had 2 racebikes (honda and gixxer) that i hit the rev limiter in 6th gear on at Road America but never knew how fast that was, cause i never cared! LOL

165mph in the GTS

APGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
187 in the 03 z06 i had and id imagine 200+ in 1007rwhp 99 frc. (the needle was on 200 for awhile so i guess was going faster) . . . whats the fastest you can COMFORTABLY go in a gts with out it feeling to light in the nose or not planted ?

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey 345, I think there's something wrong with your car. It seemed to be shaking the camera a lot when it was sitting at idle. Might want to get that rough idle checked out.

:lmao::lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::lmao::lmao::rolaugh::rolaugh::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten