Tornado nets 50hp and 30mpg for $75

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Barry,
Cold air here in Maryland. This is the first really cold morning of the season.
I heard a Canada goose, first of the season too.

You guys are starting spring, right?

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yes and all of the oil companies have carbarators that will get 200 mpg, we must force them to release these immediately, can you imagine how long a tank of fuel will last in our cars then. I know it is a conspiracy against us.

S

SUN RA KAT

Not really - but I made you look :D

thought it would make a nice diversion from all the fighting over cold air systems.

:smirk:

It's about time someone with some sense showed up around here.

The next fight will be over getting the expensive MGW shift knob when the Viper already has a shift knob...

jrkermode

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tourquie,

You completely missed the point of the VipAir post. It's the Christmas lights that net 50RWHP (Twinkle lights are good for 25% more) and the oil companies are paying Walmart to keep them out of the Automotive isle!

JGK95

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I call BS (or whomever :p ) You all should know that the Blue / White 'Seasonal lights' Get an additional 25 HP over the traditional (and inferior) yellow lights (a meager 2.5 hp gain.)

YOW!!!

Skyhawk

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes - I looked. Kind of expected to see another snakeoil post, yet was somewhat interested at the same time from a historical point of view. Without people looking at things differently, and trying out strange concepts, we probably would never make any progress forward. Let's go back in time a bit. In 1908, a Grand Prix car had a four seat touring body, could accelerate from 0 to 60 in 16 seconds, and did it with a 12 litre engine that weighed more than half a ton. Intake systems were quite crude at that time as they were considered to be merely a way to get the fuel and air mixture to the combustion chamber and nothing more. Time was not wasted on designing the induction system. Here is where the concept of tornados came into play. Today it is known that any induction system is a compromise between the conflicting requirements of providing a smooth path for the airflow so that we may achieve a high volumetric efficiency, and providing a degree of turbulence so that the fuel will remain properly in suspension without having richer or weaker streams. In the 1920's, The Cletrac Tractor Co. developed and marketed a system that dramatically improved the combustion process of several of their tractors. You guessed it. It was a device that created a cyclone action within the induction system. Granted, the HP-hrs per pound of fuel was only increased from God awful to just awful, but nevertheless, it was an improvement. Twenty years later, John Deere figured the same thing out by putting a simple brow in the way of the fuel-air mixture to cause turbulence, and they too improved their engine's performance to where they had a distinct advantage over some of their competitors. The same trends were occuring within every industry that used an internal combustion engine as a source of power. No, the cyclone does not really rate very high in the now complex world where intake manifold temperatures are precisely controlled, attenuations of single and multiple induction pulse reflections are precisely plotted, and adiabatic expansion curves are defined for every internal movement of the engine. However, at the time, which really was not that long ago, the concept of a tornado was at the leading edge of technology. That is why I looked!

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Yes and all of the oil companies have carbarators that will get 200 mpg, we must force them to release these immediately, can you imagine how long a tank of fuel will last in our cars then. I know it is a conspiracy against us.

VIPR - carbarators? What is that?

Seriously thought you must not have heard the latest - now the gas companies have V10 electric hybrids that not only get 200mpg, but also super-filter the oil as well so you would never need an oil change. The bastages...

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
BONK sorry, showing my age I guess. I did buy out the local WalMart's complete supply of all twinkle lights, they are currently being installed by our local Viper tech, also putting on the adustable blinking controler mounted where I can reach it while driving, neat stuff.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The stock shiftier in the SRT is CLEARLY superior to anything in the market at any price!!

The MGW shift knob is a wanna-be.

S

SUN RA KAT

The stock shiftier in the SRT is CLEARLY superior to anything in the market at any price!!

The MGW shift knob is a wanna-be.

The stock shiftier in the SRT is CLEARLY inferior to anything in the market at any price compared to the MGW shift knob in my Roe Supercharged Viper GTS!!

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"The stock shiftier in the SRT is CLEARLY inferior to anything in the market at any price compared to the MGW shift knob in my Roe Supercharged Viper GTS!!"

No Way!! You just don't like the look from a nice open cockpit... you like to be crammed into a coupe.

You're just bashing the SRT... GTS bastagies!!!

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the scientific data I have seen points to a static hp gain from 7 1/2 watt, green and red light strings.

The very idea that any gain could be produced by twinkle lights is illogical. Testing will be required.

Trbulnc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
About a pound and a half....but new guys at work will spend hours trying to figure it out by asking everyone.

vipah

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, 27% increase in mileage and there is a money back guarantee! It has to be good.

With no risk to the buyer why not give it a try. :D

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right....I wonder if they come in nifty colors? So when the poor sap who buys one can use it as a paper wieght or something in the computer room...lolololololol

Oh yeah:

Does high temperature effect performance?
The FUEL SAVER is designed to operate in temperatures up to 590'F (310'C).
The FUEL SAVER should not be placed in close proximity of the exhaust manifold.

When is the last time a exhuast manifold got over 590F in your car???

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not really - but I made you look :D

thought it would make a nice diversion from all the fighting over cold air systems.

:smirk:

It's about time someone with some sense showed up around here.

The next fight will be over getting the expensive MGW shift knob when the Viper already has a shift knob...

Do not let all that hp go to waste ......Do like Sun Ra Kat out run the Ohio police...... I do not recommend this.... but now Kenny is an fugitive and we will have to call in Tommy Lee Jones and track down Kenny.

Cudaman :usa:

North of Ocala on I - 75

S

SUN RA KAT

Ward - sssssssssssshhh! All I can say is that my acelerator got stuck while in 6th gear and fortunately it was only stuck for about 4 seconds and I only was going 140 MPH when I got it unstuck. (The fact that I stayed at that speed for some distance proves that I unstuck it from the floor or I would have continued to have gone much faster.) The Ohio Highway Patrolman turned on his flashing lights because he saw the cars ahead of me in the fast lane not even going the 65 MPH speed limit and they would not pull over into the right lanes - which is a violation of the Ohio Traffic Laws. He did not see me passing them from the slow lane when my acelerator pedal got stuck because Yellow Vipers do not stand out on a public highway or I was moving too fast (take your pick).

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kenny... I will be looking for your mug shoot at my local post office....America's most wanted....LOL

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
T

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:D

you guys are a riot!

But seriously - thanks for that tip about the fuel saver - man that's got me convinced - did you see the picture on how those fuel bally thingies are all confused and everything, then they pass thru this snap on device and come out in straight little lines like toy soldiers marching to war? That must be good for you!

Every Viper owner on the forum owes it to themselves, to their country, their mothers, and the Queen of England, to buy one of these. Please report results within 7 days.

God bless you all

The Pope

PS: Joe117 - yes it is spring - technically - but judging by all the brass monkey balls I saw on the lawn this morning - the weather hasn't caught on yet. Spring so far has brought a variety of weather ranging from changeable and a bit crappy, to crappy, right up to extremely crapescent. Right now its crapping mildly, but should run out of crap soon and with a bit of luck we'll have some sunshine for more than 10 minutes. :( It must get better soon :mad:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte