Track Time - Calgary

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Regarding Tuesdays track event, the Ferrari guys probably won't be there...... Maybe, but probably not.

Anyway, if you're new to the track and want to join us, I need to know today so I can book an instructor.

If you've been at Race City before you can let me know as late as Monday.

This is likely the last event that anyone in the Viper community will ever be able to attend at Race City - ever.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I rented the track for one last day. Oct. 5th - 5:00 to dusk. First timers MUST have an instructor $300. Those that have been through my program before don't need an instructor and it's only $200. Get there a little early of you can. It get's dark before 8:30 so I'd like to get cars lapping as soon as possible.

No one from this community has come yet, so I really don't expect any takers - but I did say at the beginning of the year that I'd let ya'll know when track time was available.

The track has had a few life lines thrown it's way but I can't see it making it much further. The tractors are looming at the North end for the Ring Road and they're already taking the grandstands apart....... It's sad.

Greg

1OF76RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for a great evening Greg. I never imagined it would be that much fun on a wet track.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
3 times I watched you go into Turn 1 and thought, Uh oh..... he's carrying a lot of speed into there - but every time it was perfect. Seriously, you did some awesome driving there Steve. It was really fun to watch.

I just love watching a car being driven well, and yours certainly was. Very nice!

I had a blast last night - when the track is wet it's the most fun of all. Last night was perfect, it was wet but not so wet that you even needed a rain coat. What a great night.

Greg

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track will close with our first snowfall.

I still have a few closed events left this year though - the next 2 Saturdays.

I a few guys have taken a run at the record but haven't done it - one (in a ZR-1!) even tried with slicks. He's a great driver having won a few races but the ACR still has him covered. Truthfully, I think Race City is a ZR-1 friendly track. It has the longest straight in Canada and really no high speed corners (only turn 6). Anyway, I think his best is still a second off.

I ordered another set of tires today - hopefully my record will be broken!

Greg

Jim C

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The track will close with our first snowfall.

I still have a few closed events left this year though - the next 2 Saturdays.

I a few guys have taken a run at the record but haven't done it - one (in a ZR-1!) even tried with slicks. He's a great driver having won a few races but the ACR still has him covered. Truthfully, I think Race City is a ZR-1 friendly track. It has the longest straight in Canada and really no high speed corners (only turn 6). Anyway, I think his best is still a second off.

I ordered another set of tires today - hopefully my record will be broken!

Greg

What tires are you getting (if you don't mind me asking...)?

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm running my car 100% stock. Brake pads, tires..... everything.

Therefore the tires I've ordered are, Michelin Pilot Sport Cups - the OE fit tires.

I added a harness for safety - that's it.

OP
OP
F

fireball

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to make a new thread regarding how my track record attempt went.

Check it out!

Greg

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21