Tracking the SRT, I told ya so........

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Soooooo, 9 months ago when I cancelled my SRT order I stated I did it because I would not be able to track it without cutting it up and putting in at least a 4 point bar. Moderators (and members) jumped out of the woodwork in a lengthy thread debate saying it ain't so, that it must be a SoCal thing and youy can track the car anywhere. From what I understand Viperdays the premire Viper racing platform won't let you track without a rollbar even after moderstors said they would, am I correct in this? I would like to hear from SRT owners about their track experiences.

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Illinois VCA region allows you to run at gingerman with no modifications if you keep your times above 1:40 and allow you to run down to 1:37 with just the addition of 5 point harnesses. If you want to run below that, you have to install the Autoform rollbar, but that comes with a pre cut back panel so all your oem parts can be re-installed at a later date if you so choose.

No big deal. The real problem is that you can't get 19" hoosiers and it's starting to look like 18" wheels will be a tough fit.

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure about the moderators, but the only SRT I have seen on the track. Was at the Mid America event and yes it had an after market roll bar. On ebay right now there is someone selling an SRT engine/tranny, the two roll hoops (which actually show the hardware by itself off of the car, and something else (seats?) I can't remember. This looks like the beginning of a part out of a totaled SRT.

luv2race2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I hopefully have one of the Autoform bars coming in the next couple of weeks. After checking out their directions and new moldings, it almost looks stock. With the roll bar in place, its off to Thunderhill next month!! It should be worthit!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang