Trade My GTS

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone know of an SRT owner who would take a GTS on trade? I'm looking for a black on black '03/'04.
My car is a perfect '02 GTS w/3K miles, currently in climate-controlled storage.
Graphite, never tracked, stock - except Borlas. Mature owner. Advertised for $60K.
Rick
Cincy

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know of a guy with a blk 03.He might trade.He only has 600 miles on the car.Only mod is muffler delete,and he replaced the black emblems all around the car with the silver ones.Looks great.Let me know if your interested and I'll call him. A.J.

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If i had an srt i would trade for a gts to tell ya the truth i like all gen 2 cars better something bout the gen 3

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If i had an srt i would trade for a gts to tell ya the truth i like all gen 2 cars better something bout the gen 3

Yeah,something about the gen 3:Faster,handle better,a top that makes it a true convertable,better interior,better wheels,oh did I say FASTER,0-60,quarter mile ,top end,better stopping power,better sound system,FASTER,and of course the old subjective thing,looks better. I'm not trying to fuel another gen 2 vs. gen 3 thread,but this is the srt site.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Yeah,something about the gen 3:Faster,handle better,a top that makes it a true convertable,better interior,better wheels,oh did I say FASTER,0-60,quarter mile ,top end,better stopping power,better sound system,FASTER,and of course the old subjective thing,looks better. I'm not trying to fuel another gen 2 vs. gen 3 thread,but this is the srt site.
All those things you said can easily be added to a Gen 1/2 to be as good as the SRT. Again 3 most important things about a sports car are...looks,looks and looks. IMHO 1)GTS 2)GEN-2 RT-10 3)SRT-10 4)GEN 1 RT-10. Why did Daimler/Chrysler put Z06 rims on the SRT-10?. One day I will get a SRT just so I can enjoy top-down driving but,never to replace my GTS no other Viper can do that. :smirk:

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay YouWish. Please show me how to add the true convertible top on the Gen I/II RT/10. And while you are at it show me how to make sub 100 ft 60-0 braking distances.

And your 3 most important things about a sports car are a bit off base. Why call it a sports car if performance is not one of the important things???

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay YouWish. Please show me how to add the true convertible top on the Gen I/II RT/10. And while you are at it show me how to make sub 100 ft 60-0 braking distances.

And your 3 most important things about a sports car are a bit off base. Why call it a sports car if performance is not one of the important things???
I'm refering to styling that comes from the factory that you can't change drastically anyway. Performance can always be added especially since we are all dealing with V-10's. Braking on the Gen-1/2 Vipers can easily be bought to match the SRT-10 in braking. I'm not trying to start another debate. There is no such thing as a bad Viper. In fact the SRT-10 keeps growing on me everyday. I will own one in the future. I have yet to see a SRT-10 while driving down the road I hear they really look sweet while moving. How about you other SRT-10 owners does the car come alive while driving?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

All those things you said can easily be added to a Gen 1/2 to be as good as the SRT. Again 3 most important things about a sports car are...looks,looks and looks. IMHO 1)GTS 2)GEN-2 RT-10 3)SRT-10 4)GEN 1 RT-10. Why did Daimler/Chrysler put Z06 rims on the SRT-10?. One day I will get a SRT just so I can enjoy top-down driving but,never to replace my GTS no other Viper can do that. :smirk:

Not you again troll.You always show up when this stuff is around.Bye now.Have a nice day.PS No one is talking about having to mod a car to make it close to the srt,you always say that too.LOL

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i personally think the gts looks better then the srt thats all looks wise

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score

And certainly anyone would respect your personal preferance.Ive had vipers since 92,and I enjoyed the gen 1's,gen 2,and now the gen3's.But to feel it is an important thing to come over to the srt site,where most of the individuals love their cars,and love the way they perform and look,and make negative comments is not cool.We are all viper owners,why bash anothers personal choice?

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And certainly anyone would respect your personal preferance.Ive had vipers since 92,and I enjoyed the gen 1's,gen 2,and now the gen3's.But to feel it is an important thing to come over to the srt site,where most of the individuals love their cars,and love the way they perform and look,and make negative comments is not cool.We are all viper owners,why bash anothers personal choice?
viper585:Did you read my last post? Odviously not. I said I would get a SRT-10 one day for the top-down experience. I also said the looks are growing on me everyday. How is that being a troll? Are you that insecure about your ride that you always have to look at the negative in a persons post? :confused:

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Now, now boys, lets not fight. I love them both but the point about braking is one of the many reasons I will go for srt to replace my gen II. 60 to 0 is something like 40' less. Last time I checked, a lot of bad stuff can happen in 40'. Having a better suspension and a workable top makes up for much of the nostalgia and mystique of the older cars. I am a driver, not a posuer, so the performance difference is just too much to overcome. My gen II car was a Roe blower car that made much more hp and was most likely quite a bit faster than the gen III but along with the speed, you need better brakes and susp. Sure all this can be retrofitted and that can be fun, but it is expensive, will now pay back and lastly, I prefer the looks of most aspects of the new car.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I defy anyone to make a Gen I/II brake as effectively as an SRT. I believe it would require a complete redo of the suspension and brake system. The ABS versions were 15 to 20% longer from 60 mph.

But I think the most accurate statement is that the SRT owners get a little defensive here. Not unexpected. How do you think the Gen I/II guys would be if other car afficianados would go to the Gen I/II site and bash the Gen I/II? Go to the Vette site and state how much better the Mustang is with some extra parts. Or go to the Ferrari site and tell them how much better the Vette is. The answer is always the same. The people who own those cars obviously like their car as it was their choice. I do not see too many purchases at gunpoint.

So ultimately I ask why Gen I/II owners and supporters think they have a right to come bash the SRT here. Go back to your playground and bash away. But if you come here come as a guest and act accordinly.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My gen III brakes kick the $hit out of my gen II. You don't have to apply any pressure on the srt brakes and it will STOP HARD. not even close to gen II

Max

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have yet to see a SRT-10 while driving down the road I hear they really look sweet while moving. How about you other SRT-10 owners does the car come alive while driving?

Sitting still the GTS blows it away, in my very humble opinion. Once you start the SRT-10 and get on the way then there is little comparison when it comes to the overall performance package. Hard to capture this car in pictures (I hated the thing until I saw it in person), but here is one of my crusty ol' '03 heading up to Viper Days last year...

You must be registered for see images

And I think it looks much better with the top down myself. Here I let another SRT-10 owner's wife drive mine while I rode in his matching black SRT:

Would have looked better with the windows down, but what can a photographer do? ;)

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris that first picture is awesome!!! I can't wait for Dallas when I will be able to see alot of SRT-10's then. Thanks for the pictures Chris.

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That black SRT-10 is beautiful - The rims are perfect as well.

Initially didn't really appreciate the black, but liked the red, now I like all 3 colours, now 4 with white.

Based on all comments I hear from Gen II owners, the looks grow and grow on you over time, i think that makes it a winner. A design that lasts.

Great car.

2000 Steel Grey GTS

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, recall the origin of this thread?
Your posting such a beautiful, wonderful, incredible, and extraordinary car is making me more envious by the minute.
It is like my wife catching me looking at another woman; my GTS is getting jealous, even though she knows that I love her.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK, recall the origin of this thread?
Your posting such a beautiful, wonderful, incredible, and extraordinary car is making me more envious by the minute.
It is like my wife catching me looking at another woman; my GTS is getting jealous, even though she knows that I love her.
You have nothing to be ashamed of driving a GTS. There are millions of people that would gladly take your GTS off your hands if they could afford it. :2tu:

OP
OP
G

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, YouWish.
If I don't trade, I'm still very pleased.
After my next weekend run, I'll be OK.
It's like running into an old flame at a high school reunion - the passion may be latent, but it's still there.

BLEBYU

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have an '03 on the vca classifieds for 72500. It is a black '03 with 1263 miles. It has the Mopar mats and an MGW shift knob. I would trade for your car for 17500.00, if your car is like you say it is. E-mail me or call me toll free @ 877-755-1751 ask for Mike

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There you go. I have known that car and the Atlanta owner since new. It's perfect. Mike can get killer financing too.

Remember your old flame from high school could be 300lbs now :laugh:

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And here are a couple pictures of GraphiteGTS's car:

Nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member