Trade your GTS for a C5 coupe?

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some clown over at the Corvette forum C5 section is boasting that dumped his 2000 GTS to get back in a C5 coupe.....Anybody that hung here?.......L-O-S-E-R

98viperGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am thinking about trading my GTS for a Honda Civic. Oh but its one with the big wing and a **** wacker exhaust, so its cool guys. :)

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did the opposite, he must have lost his job, there is no other explanation. Well, there is one, maybe he was nutered.

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Traded for a C5? Not even a C6?

Probably smells his own farts.

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When you read his resons....well it figures...
I quote:

"Main reasons for coming back? OK, here they are, first the Viper is not as comfortable and I have a bad back, second, I like the vette design/lines better, third there is not much going on in the Viper community as it is a relatively small one. Things I liked? All the attention. The car collects looker, gawkers, questions, pictures.... like "you know what" collects flies. The power, I am now getting used to much less pull. The Viper is a monster on torque. Oh yes and one other reason for coming back, all my friends have vettes and now we can roll together again"

JC
98 C-5 Sold
01 N2O Z06 Sold
90 782rwh ZR-1 Sold
97 Heffner TT GTS ... A dream come true!!! What a MACHINE!!!

vigilantty

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes me too! I was tired of picking up the children at school and standing out with the Viper. All the soccer moms would point and ridicule me about the negative environmental impact of driving a gas swilling V10! I am glad to say I have traded my Viper in for a Hydrogen powered mini van. I now fit in, joy.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Main reasons for coming back? OK, here they are, first the Viper is not as comfortable and I have a bad back, second, I like the vette design/lines better, third there is not much going on in the Viper community as it is a relatively small one. Things I liked? All the attention. The car collects looker, gawkers, questions, pictures.... like "you know what" collects flies. The power, I am now getting used to much less pull. The Viper is a monster on torque. Oh yes and one other reason for coming back, all my friends have vettes and now we can roll together again"

Nothing to fault him for there, except for the "not much going on" comment.

He has a bad back, bad taste, and is a poser. It's all good.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This sounds like the guy who was fairly active on the forums. His name evades me at the moment but I see him on the vette forums all the time making little remarks about how much better his vette is than the viper. Funny enough I am almost positive he use to make the exact same coments over here about the vette, when he just got the viper.

Before anyone starts calling me a troll I also own a vet, and no there is no comparison.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously he was just a Big ***** and doesn't know how to handle a Viper!!
Some people just aren't cut out for REAL American POWER!!
My wife said that after being in a Viper, she wouldn't drive a Vette! :D

viperama

Enthusiast
Reaction score
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In Antwort auf:</font><hr />

[/QUOTE]

Bad back:
Well, me too... and some neck injuries from a past accident.
But this gets fixed with a massage from my girlfriend, so why sell the Viper?

Design:
So he must love Toyota Supras and Acura NSX....

Small Community:
Buy a Volkswagen...

Getting attention:
Nice to receive a :2tu: but in some cases people loose their good manners... especially thos who not like cars in general.

The Power:
Yes, much less. We know. :D

All my friend have Vettes:
...so they can only roll togheter when he has a Vette? Are they REAL friends?
No matther if my friends drive a Porsche, Prowler, Viper, Camaro or Challenger... they even find a good Word for my Mitsubishi when we go out for a drink.

I define my Car trough my Character... and not the opposite... :headbang:

GimmeTheSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah, he's the same type of guy that trips over his own shoe lace and says "I meant to do that" lol Next on his agenda is to trade his stupid Harley for one of those bad *** mini pocket bikes!

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I don't understand why you need to own the same car as everyone else to roll with them.

I am the Administrator of a Large 03 Cobra and Mustang website, I don't even have a 03 Cobra anyomore.

I think it adds to a group or site when you have a large diversity of cars there, especially Vipers which attract attention wherever you go.

Oh well, everyone is entitle to their opinion. My old man drove my Viper and all he says is:

"I still liked the 2001 Vette Vert better"

Then again, he doesn't drive it the way he should to appreciate it.

Howard

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh, so he just wanted to fit in and be like everyone else!

Well, he picked the right car there! Hell, there are 1,000,000 of them on the road!! :D

thebigsnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most guys just aren't tough enough to daily use a GTS. They're not comfortable with a car that scares them. Its not fool proof like other supercars.
However they'll never admit that and somehow come up with an explanation that makes them look smart.

Inferno

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Most guys just aren't tough enough to daily use a GTS. They're not comfortable with a car that scares them. Its not fool proof like other supercars.
However they'll never admit that and somehow come up with an explanation that makes them look smart.

Pm sent.

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I did trade a GTS for a corvette back in 95'.

Of course it was a Dart GTS and it was for a 88' vette. Pretty simple trade-even up-and sold the vette for 10500 to the first person that looked at it. Not really a huge market for Dart GTS's at that time....of course with Barrett Jackson who knows what that would be worth today!

I will never put down a person for their taste, just as long as they don't force their ideas on me.

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a bad back, in fact yesterday I could not even get out of my pool without my wife helping me.

It took me about 10 minutes to get out of bed this morning, but....

I'll endure all the pain to drive my Viper. In fact I drove it today and even took a moment to wup a 03 Cobra in 1st gear even though the G-forces were not what I needed at the time.

Thankfully I only flare up this bad, it is not always like this, but I still would keep my Viper no matter what.

Howard

YELL03

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a bad back, in fact yesterday I could not even get out of my pool without my wife helping me.

It took me about 10 minutes to get out of bed this morning, but....

I'll endure all the pain to drive my Viper. In fact I drove it today and even took a moment to wup a 03 Cobra in 1st gear even though the G-forces were not what I needed at the time.

Thankfully I only flare up this bad, it is not always like this, but I still would keep my Viper no matter what.

Howard