Traded the Viper for WHAT?

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had the Viper for about three years. It was an 06 convertible with 4,200 on it when I got it. When I traded there way 4,700 miles on it. Much of the reason was since I retired I have been concentrating on covering the 49 state and the Canadian provinces by motorcycle. So the Viper and Corvettes have been neglected.

When I got it out for a few rides to the restaurants in scenic areas a while back, my wife said that the car scared her. She never said that about the Vettes.

I collect things with wheels related to transportation. I have 60 antique bicycles, five sports cars and 4 motorcycles.

I got an idea that I could complete my HD motorcycle collection of one of each family of bikes by adding a Vrod and a Touring bike. The HD dealer's wife had seen the Viper and wanted one.
I talked to him and he was interested in my proposal. I would get a 2012 Vrod Night Road with ABS and security, a 2012 Road Glide with cruise, ABS and security along with $2,000 in accessories and all fees. That amounts to $44K plus since it was a trade there would be no 7% Illinois sales tax. I don't know how good of a deal that was. But, I am pleased and the dealers is pleased. So it is all good. He has waxed it every week since he got it.

He agreed and and we closed the deal. It was very hard to part with it but it made my wife happy and I gained room in the garage which was packed.

What I did not disclose to my wife was that maybe in a year or two I would look for a 08/09 convertible.:)

I learned a few things from this forum like the ground in the passenger seat that caused a light in the dash to go on. Corrected that very easily with info from this forum.

I will continue to monitor the forum and if my plan works I will be back.

*fill-up*

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Want to buy my 06 Softail? I will give you it half off book value? :)

AbsolutHank

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next time, I'd suggest buying something that gives you more seat time...check with your wife first though

lmcgrew79

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow 500 miles in 3 years. Def. not worth owning. The best quote i have heard was its like having a hot wife and saving her for her next husband. Get out and drive your your cars. GL with your new toys

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my wife said that the car scared her. She never said that about the Vettes.
EXACTLY!!!

Next time, I'd suggest buying something that gives you more seat time...check with your wife first though
oooo......ouch. :drive:

BenDiem

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Yep, ride safe! Love bikes too.

All that matters is that you're happy.

Congrats/Cheers,

BB

OP
OP
L

lh4x4

Viper Owner
Reaction score
AbsolutHank - I have had over 130 vehicles since 1956. Don't recall asking anyone for permission. Also, to me vehicles are a work of art and my enjoyment of them can be satisfied by going into the garage with coffee and the morning paper and just look at them. I had many different muscle cars in the 60's and 70's to satisfy any need for speed for the rest of my life.

I don't keep any too long. So many cars so little time. I look to the future and not the past. They are just cars/bikes/trucks or whatever. I have keep my wife for 46 years and she has been very understanding.

All of you drive safe and enjoy life.