Transmission Issues (Recommendations)

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well;

If you guys remember a while back, I had a ticking sound in the transmission of my 06' Coupe while in 3rd gear. I was hoping it was a "lot rot" type of issue as it has done this ever since brand new, 17 miles on the car when I drove it off the showroom floor. It has given me 946 trouble free miles (I have not really walked on it yet as I have this ole time 3000 mile break in period rule with all my vehicles, just habit) since I bought it but lately the noise was starting to get a little louder so I took it in to the dealership, thinking it was a small synchro problem or something. My car is 100% stock at this point. I may supercharger it, later in life so the best quality parts are what I would be looking for.

Turns out that nobody really knows what the issue is, and rather than spend the money and search around for the problem, Dodge has said just send out a brand new transmission. I am okay with that other than it looks like 06' replacement transmissions are on back order until mid Dec. It is getting ready for storage soon in Colorado anyway.

The dealership here in Colorado, Burt Chrylser/Dodge/Jeep in Parker has one of the best Viper techs in Colorado (Glen). Anyway they put the order in a few days ago and seem to have somehow lucked out and have a factory replacement transmission coming with a tracking number from Dodge and it might be here as early as Wenesday next week. My day is picking up. Might even be better if they screwed up and sent out an 08' transmission by mistake, though not sure if if is backward compatible.

My question to everyone is, since they will have the transmission out (let's assume the replacement is an 06 because an 08 I would just be dreaming), what modifications, parts and vendors should I be looking at for additional modifications since everything will be open and exposed? I have no experience with these parts or suppliers and not even sure if this is what I should go with or it is worth it. My thoughts are:

Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel (unless there is a better one out there)
Centerforce Clutch Kit (unless there is a better one out there. 08 has dual clutches)
Woodhouse Modified Shifter (no experience with this but heard good things)
Snake Oyl Skip Shift Eliminator (heard the last few batches had problems though I am skeptical).
Not sure what else I should do. Obvious would be the Motons, rear gears, quaife, etc. that everyone seems to be doing these days, but I just want to look at parts that are associated or accessible with the transmission out, since well, it appears it will be out.

I am a VCA member and not sure exactly where to buy these parts either and I would need them pretty quick if this new transmission miracuously shows up next week.

Thoughts guys and gals?

Rick

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Depends greatly on if you plan on road racing, drag racing, or just driving the car around for weekend spats with Corvettes. The stock tranny is good for a lot of horsepower, and unless you go TT you should be OK as stock. If you drag race you might consider upgrading.

The flywheel and clutch boil down once again to what you plan on doing with the car. Lightened flywheels give you quicker revs, but you will need to pay attention in traffic not to stall it. A stiffer clutch will once again be great at the drag strip, but **** in traffic.

I don't race my car, and have decided to keep the stock flywheel and clutch for driver comfort!

jpas

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well;

If you guys remember a while back, I had a ticking sound in the transmission of my 06' Coupe while in 3rd gear. I was hoping it was a "lot rot" type of issue as it has done this ever since brand new, 17 miles on the car when I drove it off the showroom floor. It has given me 946 trouble free miles (I have not really walked on it yet as I have this ole time 3000 mile break in period rule with all my vehicles, just habit) since I bought it but lately the noise was starting to get a little louder so I took it in to the dealership, thinking it was a small synchro problem or something. My car is 100% stock at this point. I may supercharger it, later in life so the best quality parts are what I would be looking for.

Turns out that nobody really knows what the issue is, and rather than spend the money and search around for the problem, Dodge has said just send out a brand new transmission. I am okay with that other than it looks like 06' replacement transmissions are on back order until mid Dec. It is getting ready for storage soon in Colorado anyway.

The dealership here in Colorado, Burt Chrylser/Dodge/Jeep in Parker has one of the best Viper techs in Colorado (Glen). Anyway they put the order in a few days ago and seem to have somehow lucked out and have a factory replacement transmission coming with a tracking number from Dodge and it might be here as early as Wenesday next week. My day is picking up. Might even be better if they screwed up and sent out an 08' transmission by mistake, though not sure if if is backward compatible.

My question to everyone is, since they will have the transmission out (let's assume the replacement is an 06 because an 08 I would just be dreaming), what modifications, parts and vendors should I be looking at for additional modifications since everything will be open and exposed? I have no experience with these parts or suppliers and not even sure if this is what I should go with or it is worth it. My thoughts are:

Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel (unless there is a better one out there)
Centerforce Clutch Kit (unless there is a better one out there. 08 has dual clutches)
Woodhouse Modified Shifter (no experience with this but heard good things)
Snake Oyl Skip Shift Eliminator (heard the last few batches had problems though I am skeptical).
Not sure what else I should do. Obvious would be the Motons, rear gears, quaife, etc. that everyone seems to be doing these days, but I just want to look at parts that are associated or accessible with the transmission out, since well, it appears it will be out.

I am a VCA member and not sure exactly where to buy these parts either and I would need them pretty quick if this new transmission miracuously shows up next week.

Thoughts guys and gals?

Rick

Stay away from the centerforce unless you are going to keep your car at stock power levels

Kai SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The McLeod street twin clutch and McLeod lightweight flywheel would be a good choice, particularly if you plan on upping the power some day. Drives almost like stock, but stronger and more durable.

Upgraded transmission mount is very cheap if you've got the tranny out already.

Skip shift doesn't require the tranny out, so you can do it any time, but might as well have it installed while you've got the car at the dealership (it's a 5 minute job.)

Upgraded shifter might also be a good idea if you don't like the way that the stock shifter feels, although I found that just replacing the tall stock knob with an MGW knob made my shifts 3x better.

VIPER R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe someone knows what it is , but my skip shift eliminator was a small $1.00 resistor stuck in the end of the harness. 7000 mi. no problems.

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave your stock shifter and go with MGW. Mine is in right now getting a new tranny.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys;

KAI SRT10, my Colorado buddy. Sounds like you are running the McCleod Street Twin Disc Clutch and McCleod Lightweight Flyweel. Where can I purchase those and what are the costs? Actually in listenting here, I should probably be looking at:

1. McCleod Street Twin Disc Clutch
2. McCleod Lightweight Flywheel
3. Woodhouse Shifter (I don't like the smaller knobs out there as I want it to look stock, sort of. I would just like to have a shorter shifter stick.
Stock Leather Knob and Shift Stick but lowered stick by 1.5" to 2". Not sure if anyone sells them like this.)
4. (Unknown manufacturer) for Transmission mounts (Who?? and kind??)

If I do upgrade performance in the future, it will be the usual Stock Paxton Kit, Full Bellanger Exhaust system, Diff Changes, etc. that everyone seems to be doing. Nothing to exotic. KAI SRT-10 you have a PM from me. Give me a call on where I can purchase this stuff.

Thanks again everyone. Feel free to let me know of anything else or if you have had bad experiences with what I am proposing to use and do.

PS The latest I heard was that there have traditionally been no problems with the Snake Oyl Skip Shift assembles but there were a bad batch delivered at one time. Obviously I do not want a bad one.

Last edited:

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
A couple of quick comments:

No sure why Jpas doesn't like the Centerforce clutch, it's a very nice unit with stock pedal pressure and will hold up to about 900 hp and rwtq. It works very much like stock and has held up well for me and the price is very reasonable.

The Mcleod unit is very expensive and did not work well for me. If you plan to supercharge your car, avoid a light flywheel as it will hurt driveability.

A shifter improvement would be a good add; either an MGW short shifter or a comp coupe shift linkage upgrade or both.

Daves Viper Parts sells a stiffer trans mount though this is not as beneficial as stiffer engine mounts. I'd call Woodhouse and get a pair of his street motor mounts while your trans is out. These will help stop wheel hop and make shifting eaiser and more positive under power.

Good luck,

Dan:usa:

Last edited:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not do the modded shifter from Woodhouse. It just did not shift right. Do what you want but i just did not like it at all. Mark is awesome at Woodhouse just did'nt like the shifter.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperX;

Can you elaborate on why the McCleod did not work well for you. I know more money is not always better, but there are always reasons for why things are more? Also when you mean Supercharged and Lightweight Flywheel hurting driveability, what do you mean there as well? I do understand the concept of spinning up so fast you are always hitting the rev limiter prior to shift, but I am a pretty good driver and that rarely happens in my supercharger vehicles.

Guys, I really appreciate all the information, however I realize that there are always going to be differing opinions, thus can you please elaborate on why something did not work or what you specifically experienced? What might not be acceptable to you, might seem the norm to me. Remember that prior to my Viper, I lived life (and still do) with an S351R Saleen with a 408 stroker and straight gear cut Vortech with 10 psi boost, so I think I have become pretty tolerant of some things. :)

Thanks again. Also if I did decide to go McCleod, who sells that for the Vipers?

Also who sells the comp coupe shifter? Is it a short throw and address the dreaded 3-4 shift, which just bends forks if you miss it? Does this really address the situation the Woodhouse shifter is to address?

Last edited:

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the clutches, I've had more than one problem with Centerforce clutches(not with the Viper). The problems always seemed to stem from the wieghts. Balance issues usually but a few times the increased clamping force from the weights seemed to over power the hydraulic actuated systems.

McLeod clutchs have always impressed me. Top notch. You wont regret that move.

For me I will stick with the stock clutch. It's cheap and has a pretty good track record even with supercharged cars (which I have). I would rather kill a clutch than a transmission or something else.

DC Performance has a billet steel flywheel that is supossed to be pretty close to the weight of the aluminum flywheels and not prone to warpage....give Dan a call.

I'm on my third transmission...I've learned not to powershift anymore :) ...fyi the internals of the 05 and newer transmissions are made with a better steel than the previous years.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice guys;

If I do upgrade performance in the future, it will be the usual Stock Paxton Kit, Full Bellanger Exhaust system, Diff Changes, etc. that everyone seems to be doing. Nothing to exotic. KAI SRT-10 you have a PM from me. Give me a call on where I can purchase this stuff.

paxton - superchargers4less

Bellangers are nice but you can get the M&M's for half the price and they look identical to the Bellangers with out the veloctiy cone which some say hinders S/C performance...run any of the catbacks with them, Corsa will be the only one with out drone.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks ILLSMOQ;

Any idea where I purchase the McCleod stuff? Also on the B&M website, they have a million part #s, with weights without. I am kind of clueless what I need to be looking at.

Obviously KAISRT-10 has that set-up in his car. Maybe he will chime in with some part numbers and a place to buy them.

I only street my cars, but I want them bulletproof just in case.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After reading through the website for most of the night, I think I am going to just let Dodge replace the transmission with a factory transmission and do nothing else.

There are too many good/bad reviews for same-like modifications and I do not know how this affects my overall warranty in the end. I ponied up for a factory extended waranty 6 yrs/100,000 miles/$0 Deductible when I bought the car and am not prepared to jepordize that.

Just leary about most of this stuff for my brand new Viper as I do not have the infinite funds to put my car into a rolling testbed mode. I think there are a lot of preferences but not a lot of real world reviews for some of these modificaitons. Really hoped up my S351R Saleen and kind of wish I didn't after all as it is tempermental, especially here at 6,000 feet where we live.

From what I have read, I would have just done the following mods (if I did anything):

1. Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel (because I do feel the Viper is slow to rev and seems like a lot of people have used this.)

2. Nothing with the Clutch because I have no problems with the factory clutch. I was just concerned if I get a whim and some extra cash and want to supercharge it in the future. Seems stock clutch will handle that mod since I will just street it. However here in Colorado, getting a good supercharge tune is difficult. 6,000+ feet is a whole different world. I probably will never do this as I do not want to know the internals of the Viper as much. I bought the Viper hoping that I would never have to do anything. Amazing how quick you get use to 510 HP. Part of problem is my S351R was dynoed earlier this year at 576 at the rear wheels. You just get use to vehicles that put out that certain kick.

3. Someone's skip-shift eliminator (because that is just annoying though I rev it a bit more and never seem to worry about the skip shift)

4. I would like to change the whole shifter out. I do not like the way the car factory shifts at all. 3-4, 4-5 and 5-6 seem so far out of whack to me. Seems like I am always hunting around for those gears. I am not power shifting todays kind of vehicle. Pre 70's is different. I want a factory knob, but on a slight shorter stack and a shorter throw shift. Will a comp coupe shifter assembly accomplish this, don't know. Shifter housing in the car is so hot sometimes that you cna not touch it for more than a few seconds. Guess that is why the shift level is so high?

5. Not sure if Woodhouse Engine and Transmission mounts void any warranties. Have never played with the mounts on any of my vehilces over the years. I get worried that it will be too stiff for the street. I don't track my car and it seems stiff enough for me.

6. I would change out the rear gears to 3.55s as the car is factory set up to do land speed records. 6th gear is useless. For the street, the set up seems way to low. My days of over 160 mph are over. Lucky if I see over 120 mph anymore either. Just not as interested as an insane blast from 0-100. Beyond that is useless for me.

7. Change the rear diff. To not have a set up like a quaife or something on a car like this is criminal. It should be equal power to both wheels, almost all the time in my mind. Why wait for slippage? Too many early muscle cars have convinced me of that. The wheel hop is slightly there and also somethig that should not be tolerated by design.

8. Change out the exhaust system completely. The heat problem and that weird rear cross over bandaid are also all wrong for a car like this. The sound of the exhaust (briggs and straton lawnmower) and the heat in my car are a problem i would like to change.

9. Despite the lowness of the overall car, the wheels need to sit a bit more in the wheel wells. Not a slammed look, but a litle lower would improve looks a ton. It should have done this from factory.

10. Sorry, but I was blown away that the car did not come with cruise control. I don't think it needs traction control. THAT is part of the experience, but when driivng in town or cruising, it DOES need cruise control. Hell it can ramp up 10 mph in town and get you a ticket before you know it. You will not even notice the extra 10 mph at low speeds the car is built so well. Turn it off if you don't want it, but I could not believe it didn't have it when I got in after I bought it. Didn't even occur to me. Nav and that kind of stuff is not necessary but cruise control is. It would reduce my foot cramp on long drives. If one person says buy a vette....drop kick. I have never liked vettes, never wanted a vette (other than a 67, 427, 435 hp roadster) and will never own a vette other than that 67.

The funny thing guys in writting this, is that I am really realizing that 90% of all my concerns with my 06' (which is my first Viper) are really addresed in the new 08' Viper. This is great and a problem all at the same time. I am not prepared to pay, what I am sure will be a $25,000 to $30,000 difference to upgrade to a new 08 Viper, just to solve these issues for a car that is basically the same with much needed tweaks in my mind.

I guess what I am finding more amazing at the moment, is that Dodge seems to have jumped right into my brain and made these mods, right to my liking, or at least on paper anyway.

frustrated, confused and just not sure what the hell to do anymore. Was hoping to have had this worked out by the weekend and have parts in shipment in case the transmission did show up, but looks like that is not going to happen.

Damn! Now I am tired.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On the McLeod stuff, call McLeod tell them what you want. They will be happy to give you part numbers. Then you call Summit Racing and get the parts from them with free shipping. McLeod might even direct you to Summit

lol....your next post looks like a good read.....but I got things to do :)

-Kurtis

Thanks ILLSMOQ;

Any idea where I purchase the McCleod stuff? Also on the B&M website, they have a million part #s, with weights without. I am kind of clueless what I need to be looking at.

Obviously KAISRT-10 has that set-up in his car. Maybe he will chime in with some part numbers and a place to buy them.

I only street my cars, but I want them bulletproof just in case.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Colo,

On the Mcleod light flywheel and twin disc clutch, I have one sitting in my garage with about 2000 miles on it. It did not work well in my car. I found that with a supercharger and this light clutch / flyweel, getting the car moving from a stop in city traffic was difficult.

It's likely due to the supercharger's load on the engine at low rpms.

If anyone wants it, it's in very good condition. I think it retailed for about 2K. Make me a reasonable offer and pick up the shipping and it's yours.

Dan:usa:

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ViperX;

Which car was this in? Was it an 06. Also did you change the rear gears? I would imagine that it would be easier to compensate for the load (taking off the start) if the gears were shortened to 3.55s or something. Lots of load and taller gears would be harder to get rolling. Like trying to move on a 10 speed in 5th gear versus 1st gear.

I appreciate the offer, but I am probably not going to do anything at this time.

Thank you for the advice.

kmg99

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you do one thing...get the MGW short throw lever and knob. It takes 5 minutes to install and makes a dramatic improvement in shift quality. Seriously.

As for the skip shift eliminator, I do not understand why people complain as from Day One I never even knew my car had one. Sorry, but you shouldn't have a Viper if it comes in to play!

No flames on the comment above, if the shoe fits wear it!!!

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do the Mopar shifter and MGW knob. Cant go wrong. makes the stock shifter feel like you are shifting a mack truck.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mack Truck;

That is funny since I have driven many Mack's in my day.

Anyway, now with a weekend to cool down, I am thinking I should do somethign again. Was hoping KAI would PM me back but he must be busy.

Reaction score
WOW I guess this has come full circle in a less than a week. I would like to offer my suggestions for you again here. 0-100 blasts needs a flywheel, 3.73 gears!, Mopar shifter, MGW first strike shift knob, Corsa track system, DC Performance PCM and stat, and a set of Motons should do the trick. If you are feeling the itch by now I would also suggest the quaife diff for added traction.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay;

After fretting for most of the weekend and talking to a half dozen guys that have more money in their Vipers than the cost of the car itself, it ended up being the exact same recommendations from all of them including KAI, Mark, Bill, etc. Thanks KAI for the mod experience and suggestions. Saved me a ton of money.

I ended up going with the following (again considering I may do a standard Paxton Kit and full Bellanger exhaust system in the future):

1. No changes to the clutch as the stock clutch is more than good for the future Paxton mod and Bellanger exhaust mod (in the future). Of all the recommendations I heard, the stock clutch is good to some pretty high horsepower. Thanks Kai for the talk on my car and I appreciate that you were honest enough with me to suggest I stay with the stock clutch for my minor mods. Guys kicking it up to 650 rwhp have had great success on the stock clutch, thus I did nothing there.

2. I am changing the flywheel out to a Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel. This seems to be a relatively cheap upgrade considering the benefits, however it has to be used in conjunction with a rear end gear change to improve driveability.

3. The flywheel change will be followed up with the 3.55 gears in the rear, which I purchased right now as well. This should allow me to be operating in the rpms I want and actually use 6th gear. If I upgrade to a Paxton, Bellanger in the future, I may need to change these out to 3.33 if I am getting too much slippage, but will cross that road when it comes. I am going with the stock diff for now as I am not adding hp, nor tracking the car, thus the stock one is fine. If a Paxton, Bellanger set-up is utilized in the future, I may upgrade to a Quaffie for the obvious reasons, but again will cross that bridge when it comes.

4. I am going with the Woodhouse engine/transmission upgraded mounts. EVERYONE seemed to agree that these are probably one of the best mods to help with the shifting. Since the Transmission is out, in they go. Bought them today as well.

5. I am going with Woodhouse's modified shifter. It should help with the shifting in the higher gears which is where I am hunting for gears. Will see if it works and let everyone know. The interesting thing is that everyone had differing opinions on the Mopar, Hurst, etc. shifters but NOBODY seemed to like the stock one or what they have for modified. Here is a huge market if someone can produced a real good short throw shifter for the Viper.

6. I am going with the Snake Oyl Skip Shift Eliminator set-up. Seems like a very simply mod and if it does not work, it is very easy to remove.

7. Everyone recommended the First Strike shifter knob and shorter lever. I did not like the first strike knob but apparently I can retrofit my factory knob to that short shifter. That is great and exactly what I want to do. I know everyone seems to hate the factory baseball, but I wanted a somewhat factory look but on a shorter shifter so I will do something here but no right now.

Thanks a ton guys as that is it. It was real hard to filter through the miles of information here, but everyone has been helpful. Lots of people have tons of mods and everyone is entitled to their opinion and what works for them. In the end, for me, my driivng experience and style, these mods should be just what the doctor ordered for me. Everyone I talked to in person told me the same thing which is what I am doing here. Let me get them in the car, along with the Dodge factory warranty replacement transmission, (which is coming here from Dodge on Thursday, very impressed with that one) and I will let everyone know how everything worked for me.

Thanks again

Rick

Last edited:

viper spray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Centerforce is a great clutch , I make 742 RWHP and it is the best of the 4 clutches that I have run. Just break it is for 500 actual street miles before running it hard , I learned the hard way at the track. Break that clutch in............

Reaction score
Rick,

The stock shifter handle/knob can be shortened by removing the rubber isolator between the knob and the shifter. This will lower the knob about 2" and make it feel more positive. You have to heat it up and do some other work but the throw will be a bit shorter and the lever action improved if you want to take the time to do it. If you don't you can send the knob to me over the winter and I can take care of this also.

Mark

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well;

Thought I would give an update since the mods mentioned here were installed:

1. Kept the stock clutch and all is good here. STOCK IS GOOD.

2. Changed the flywheel out to a Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel. Absolutely love this mod. The factory car should have come with this Flywheel. It revs quick and light, just like my Jeep SRT8 which is insanley light. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOD.

3. Changed out to 3.55 gears in the rear. 5th and 6th gear are very useful now. I absolutely love this set-up and do NOT notice any problems with driveability or loss of traction, then again I am 25% behind the eight ball at this altitude, 6250 ft. For the Rockies, me and my car, this is the ideal set-up. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOD.

4. Went with the Woodhouse engine/transmission upgraded mounts. This lasted exactly 34 hours and I yanked them out both. NOT THE MOD FOR ME. I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS MOD FOR THE STREET. After they were installed, you could feel every single vibration and sitting and reving the car between 1500 rpm and 2750 rpm, every single panel on the inside was rocking and rubbing and vibrating and creaking. The entire cabin was experiencing DRONE big time in this rpms range. There even seemed to be a hesitation in revs from 1500 rpm to 2750 rpms, which felt like it was flooding in this range though I think it was just the sound and harmonics. The car had a TOTALLY different feel and soul at that point. Now to be fair, after 2750 rpm, it reved fine and was very responsive, shifting was improved, but not that much. If I was racing the car, I would probably have appreciated it more, but for the street it is totally useless. I thought it ruined the car and was having horror flashes that something was wreaked on my new Viper, past the point of no return. Those that posted this was the right mod, I would have appreciated the street view point because I drive it on the street as I mentioned before. I replaced them back with the stock, factory mounts and all was fine again. DID NOT LIKE THIS MOD AT ALL AND WOULD NOT RECOMMEND IT FOR THE STREET. Now I need to sell these mounts that I paid for, they are brand new. Anyone want them?

5. Went with Woodhouse's modified shifter. Absolutely loved this mod. Noticed a big change in hitting 3rd and 4th and 5th and 6th gears. This was exactly what the car needed. I did not miss a shift after this mod. HIGHLY, HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOD.

6. Went with the Snake Oyl Skip Shift Eliminator set-up. Fixed the problem with no issues. HIGHLY RECOMMEND THIS MOD.

7. Have not completed the stock shifter mod on the stock ball and shift lever 2", but I can imagine this is going to help even more, for shifting.

That is it! I loved everything, except for the Woodhouse engine and transmission mounts. If I was racng, I might have loved them, but for the street, I just do not see the point. It really was overkill. I will say it was very, very tight. Like someone welded the transmission and engine to the frame. Great if you love that sort of ting. Not for me though. I am not a track *****.

OP
OP
C

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW;

The new transmission is great. The old one was so hot I could not touch the metal ring around the shifter. The new replacement trans under warranty is cool as a cucumber. There really was something wrong with the factory trans in my car. After the install, I drove it for 3 hours and the trans was cool, very cool the whole time. Hot in the cabin from exhaust but trans was cool.

Rick

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine